Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

A World by any other name would sound as sweet? What will the Ashes of Creation world be called?

ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
edited June 2017 in Ashes of Creation Lore
"Ashes of Creation is set on a fallen world untouched by civilization for thousands of years."

And that, thus far, is all we really know.  Our Team Intrepid has been upfront about their desire to remain tight-lipped about much of the game lore, as we all know.  So much so that we don't even know what the world will be called. 

What do you think it should be called?  Could be called?  Any speculation?  Care to place bets?

The Forgotten?
Utopia?
Will it be nameless at launch, and we must give it a name by our deeds and action in the game?
Will the name vary from server to server?

Comments

• Rumblonia
    Rumbleria
    or
    Rumbloria

Those are my top 3 picks.
  • lexmax said:
    Rumblonia
    Rumbleria
    or
    Rumbloria

Your counsel, as always, is oh so wise. 
    In the coming years, when I help raise a mighty dwarven metropolis upon the lands of our world, I am sure you shall be a most trusted advisor.   ;)
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2017
    lexmax said:
    Rumblonia
    Rumbleria
    or
    Rumbloria

In the coming years, when I help raise a mighty dwarven metropolis upon the lands of our world, I am sure you shall be a most trusted advisor.   ;)
    I sir, shall be a devoted advisor of Rumblonia. I will advise your Kingliness with the truest of insights, like "The keg is empty, shomeone needsh to go full it up."
  • lexmax said:
    lexmax said:
    Rumblonia
    Rumbleria
    or
    Rumbloria

I sir, shall be a devoted advisor of Rumblonia. I will advise your Kingliness with the truest of insights, like "The keg is empty, shomeone needsh to go full it up."
    I would nod slowly and stroke my beard as I contemplated your sage advice, before turning to the court and proclaiming, "Make it so!" 

Yessiree, you'll be going places with that kind of skill! 

• Damn, having just awaken and looking here again, I see I derailed this thread before it even started! ;)
  • To return  this to on topic, what about if it just doesn't have one? It would make it much more fun to have multiple names for the world depending on who you ask, just like how it was in the medieval times. Everyone knew they were on land, but had a different word for that land, so too would it be interesting if they had the same approach here. Or if one name kindof "sticks" and becomes commonly used, it can become the world's name. 
  • Maybe each race will have a different name for it? 
  • Asheron of course
  • We came from ashes, how about Burnt Offerings. 
  • Intrepedia
  • lexmax said:
    lexmax said:
    Rumblonia
    Rumbleria
    or
    Rumbloria

I would nod slowly and stroke my beard as I contemplated your sage advice, before turning to the court and proclaiming, "Make it so!" 

Yessiree, you'll be going places with that kind of skill! 

@Rumbleforge, you're so easy.  lol
  • Earth! What!? Bam! Plot twist! Aaahhhhh!! Is it the past? Is it the future? Is it the now? How is it Earth? Mind blown.
  • Ashneo
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2017
    There seems to be a trend with games giving their worlds "T" names.  Telara, Tyria, Tamriel, etc.  I'm betting since Intrepid is trying to be different they won't give it a "T" name.  Beyond that, I have NO idea.  :smiley:
  • Nephalem said:
    Ashneo

• A special (obviously shorter) name for the: Wings of the Phoenix
  • Ashy McAshyFace

• Based on the name "Tulnar" being original, I'd bet it will also have on original name. 
  • Ashernia
  • Cinder
  • Hmm. A good idea to start guessing at this, would be to think from the perspective from the citizens of this land. You reach this world, all new place, guided by the gods, I presume. (Not read all the available lore yet) From your own dying world. The worlds name would vastly depend upon what god/diety led each faction. It will most likely have many names. Each religious faction having a name for it, most likely in each gods honour.
  • Nag-Ashernia
  • nagash said:
    Nag-Ashernia
    Sounds like some kind of sports injury. 
  • Since we all arrive via a world portal, I recommend Aperature.
  • Ashley Furniture Homestore
  • Ruined World of the Phoenix
    Seti Alpha 5
    Questever Ruins
    Ashy mcAshface

• Possum said:
    There seems to be a trend with games giving their worlds "T" names.  Telara, Tyria, Tamriel, etc.  I'm betting since Intrepid is trying to be different they won't give it a "T" name.  Beyond that, I have NO idea.  :smiley:
    Oh my god... I never realized this. And worse yet, I've named my D&D world Tanáh.... lol
  • santrasa said:
    Possum said:
    Oh my god... I never realized this. And worse yet, I've named my D&D world Tanáh.... lol

I tried crafting a world once. Called it Thera, an anagram of Earth.  :D
  • Cyreph said:
    santrasa said:
    Possum said:

T.... You just can't escape this.. =)
  • santrasa said:
    Cyreph said:
    santrasa said:
    Possum said:

T.... You just can't escape this.. =)
    Thedas... i know it's technically a continent but I don't think there is a world name?