Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

[Discussion] Tulnar - Corrupted?

So bored at work reflecting on last night stream - I started to think about the mobs artwork we were shown. We were told the mobs were bird creatures mutated by the corruption and that they worship it.
Now these mobs looked so much like Tulnar, which we also know are a mutation of what couldn't escape the world of ashes through the Divine Portals 
I believe that Tulnar are corrupted and have somehow discovered a way to not follow the "dark" cause of corruption.
We know as well that other races have corruption in them due to the lore we received on monster coins - causing our corruption to consume us.
Therefore in a similar manner to other races - who are not consumed entirely by corruption- Tulnar have achieved the same thing by preventing further corruption by whatever method- maybe believing in other gods?

Anyway that's my thoughts xD 
Have a nice day xD

Comments

• ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2017
    You're right, that darkness that drove out most of the races eons ago probably permeated everything that was left behind to varying degrees. 

As it as subsided, and I'm making the assumption that it has subsided as to cause the portals reopening, perhaps various races that have remained are shedding off the effect at different rates if at all.  Kinda reminds me of nuclear fallout, at this point. 

Perhaps a lot of our work as players will deal with with combating this remaining darkness in its various forms. 
  • The best part of the stream was seeing my skeletons ^^
  • Diura said:
    Therefore in a similar manner to other races - who are not consumed entirely by corruption- Tulnar have achieved the same thing by preventing further corruption by whatever method- maybe believing in other gods?
    That's a very interesting premise. What if the Tulnar (or some other race that was left behind) were the ones that were redeemed enough for the gods to open the divine portals? Or on the darker side, maybe some festering evil hidden deep in the planet figured out how to reopen the portals to get some fresh meat. Oooh :joy: So many possibilities! :yum:
  • Diura said:
    So bored at work reflecting on last night stream - I started to think about the mobs artwork we were shown. We were told the mobs were bird creatures mutated by the corruption and that they worship it.
    I know I'm not alone in this, but I am of the belief that they were inspired by the Skeksis from "The Dark Crystal".

• Possum said:
    Diura said:
    I know I'm not alone in this, but I am of the belief that they were inspired by the Skeksis from "The Dark Crystal".

Yep, you're definitely not alone in that belief, my friend. 

In fact, I wasn't even that interested in them until I saw that similarity. 
  • This is a very interesting idea and I like it a lot. I kinda hope you are correct! I also thought of The Dark Crystal when I saw that art.
  • Corrupted you say?