Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Nope, Nope, Nope

Give us a code to tie our kickstarter to our ashes account.  I am not using my kickstarter email for ashes.  Stop, drop, and think please.  Simple code, and all will be good.

Comments

• Options
    Interesting.
    Is your KS email dedicated only to KS?
    Is your Ashes email dedicated only to Ashes?
    Why do you not want to link the accounts?
  • Options
    I too have a different e-mail address for Kickstarter than what I use for gaming accounts.
  • Options
    Dygz said:
    Interesting. 
    An good example would be some of us has two KS accounts linked to the same email. The second pledge was meant for a friend.
  • Options
    I myself have different email addresses for different things helps with security. As well as is useful for other things
  • Options
    Foobar said:
    I too have a different e-mail address for Kickstarter than what I use for gaming accounts.
    Do you use KS for other stuff besides games?
  • Options
    Yip, Yip, Yip
  • Options
    I have that problem too. One example of why I wouldn't this want to my gaming email account (this account) will then actually be linked to a later backed package meant for my wife etc. While my higher tier ks account will be linked to a somewhat unused forum account. 
  • Options
    Cyreph said:
    Dygz said:
    Interesting. 
    An good example would be some of us has two KS accounts linked to the same email. The second pledge was meant for a friend.
    That is super-interesting!
    Are you saying that your KS account and your friend's KS account are linked to the same e-mail?
    Or are those two separate examples?
  • Options
    I too have a different KS email addy than this site.  Please provide a way to link the game.  I also looked for where to change my email for ashesofcreation and haven't located it.  Where is it?
  • Options
    People will complain about anything I swear LOL
  • Options
    Hi,

Change your AOC email here:
    https://www.ashesofcreation.com/account/

After the KS and AOC are synced, change it back....

-tugo
  • Options
    Dygz said:
    Cyreph said:
    Dygz said:
    Interesting. 
    That is super-interesting!
    Are you saying that your KS account and your friend's KS account are linked to the same e-mail?
    Or are those two separate examples?
    No, both KS accounts are mine. And they link to my personal email. I had expected the secondary pledge to be transferable to another person. Now I have two Intrepid account linked to my email. 
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2017
    I think I would just create separate e-mails.
    I often have separate e-mails for my characters and alts so that my RP can cross-over into social media.

I am totally intrigued and want to know more, but that would probably be a derail.
    Learn something new every day!

Edit:
    @Cyreph
    That just leaves me with more questions!! haha.
    But, it's too trivial to PM you.  :p
    Thanks for your answers.

• Options
    edited June 2017
    Ok, I admit it is so very odd they are not using a code system for this. I think they will come up with a way to deal with the exceptions that will be needed. 
  • Options
    Calm down before you all get another LS rage going. This was probably a data wide mail sent out to all the KS registered email addresses. I am not going back to sift through the responses, but they already answered this issue. You will be able to link your Ashes account to your KS with your AOC email. Any individual problems will have a customer service resolution. I feel more sorry for the witty twits who decide that Cockknocker69 or McFiddletwat on their username thinking it will be just used on the forums, then find out that it is their account name in game, and they will be stuck with it.
  • Options
    @tugowar got it, thanks
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Calm down before you all get another LS rage going. This was probably a data wide mail sent out to all the KS registered email addresses. I am not going back to sift through the responses, but they already answered this issue. You will be able to link your Ashes account to your KS with your AOC email. Any individual problems will have a customer service resolution. I feel more sorry for the witty twits who decide that Cockknocker69 or McFiddletwat on their username thinking it will be just used on the forums, then find out that it is their account name in game, and they will be stuck with it.
    You are incorrect.  For those of us that already received the email.  It says your KS account email must match your Ashes account email.

• Options
    edited June 2017
    fathom25 said:
    You are incorrect.  For those of us that already received the email.  It says your KS account email must match your Ashes account email.

I can back up that this is what the email said
  • Options
    edited June 2017

Greetings glorious Braver of Worlds!

We greatly appreciate your contribution to our Kickstarter for Ashes of Creation. With your support, we were able to make history by becoming both the fastest-funded and most-funded MMORPG in Kickstarter history. That is no small feat and we are beyond honored by your commitment in helping us achieve this.  

We are currently integrating the data received from Kickstarter with our account systems.  This process will take roughly 7-10 business days. In the meantime, if you haven’t already, please make an account on www.ashesofcreation.com. It will be necessary that the email address for the registered account on our website matches the email address used for your Kickstarter account.

Once our account integration process has been completed, your pledge rewards will be shown in your account on our website.  Your account will also reflect the referral reward points attributed to your pledge amount.  Integration of your pledge into the referral system may take additional time, but we expect to have this completed shortly after your account synchronization.

Thank you again for your tremendous support to our project, Ashes of Creation. Your generosity is helping to create one of the best MMORPGs in history.  We look forward to creating many memories with you that will last for years to come.

Your friends,

The Intrepid Team

• Options
    I have not received any such emails - have they sent out to all KS backers?
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    From the email I received a bit ago (emphasis mine)...

We are currently integrating the data received from Kickstarter with our account systems.  This process will take roughly 7-10 business days. In the meantime, if you haven’t already, please make an account on www.ashesofcreation.com. It will be necessary that the email address for the registered account on our website matches the email address used for your Kickstarter account.

• Options
    Seems like an odd flaw.
  • Options
    Possum said:
    From the email I received a bit ago (emphasis mine)...

We are currently integrating the data received from Kickstarter with our account systems.  This process will take roughly 7-10 business days. In the meantime, if you haven’t already, please make an account on www.ashesofcreation.com. It will be necessary that the email address for the registered account on our website matches the email address used for your Kickstarter account.

Strange, I have not received that at either my KS email or the email I used to create my Ashes account.
  • Options
    I have not received any such emails - have they sent out to all KS backers?
    It appears to still be processing through the whole list. 
  • Options
    Thanks @tugowar :) I'll sit tight and check back in here if nothing arrives by tomorrow to see if others are similarly in the dark
  • Options
    Except for those of you who for whatever reason need to link a different email. There will be a process in place to resolve your issues. I received the same email. They get a batch of data from KS, they send out an email to allay the concerns of people who are waiting for news. And a small subset of people who need special servicing start a thread of NOPE, NOPE, NOPE to stir the pot before they have had to link anything. What happens when next week you receive an email to you KS linked email that says "Log into your Ashes account, enter this code, and your pledge will be recorded." There will be a clicky to auto link just like when you verify your email on other sites. But there should be a code given out for those who used an alternative email. All it does is provide an extra level of security to stop fraud. "But I didn't see that information!!" Then I suggest you go back over the multiple compilation links from discord and the forums where this exact issue was discussed. I don't have an issue, and am not going to hand hold anyone by wasting my time to go back and search for information to bottlefeed those too lazy to research before raging.
  • Options
    @UnknownSystemError but you'll post a wall of text just to see your own words.  Nobody needs your help, thanks.
  • Options
    Chill....
  • Options
    So i double-checked my Email Address and I did use the Same for Both KickStarter and Ashes of Creation's Website. but i suppose confirming all of those Backers is quite the dilemma :p 
  • Options
    Right now I'm not sure whether I need to create another Intrepid account or risk losing my second pledge for good. It's problematic because I'm not totally sure what I plan to do with that account yet.