Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

[Religion]Will it grow with the nodes, or are there a set of religions ?

Good day,

As I read through the nodes system I wondered if there will be a set of religion or if it will evolve according to the nodes and player decision on each region.

Through my years of playing MMORPG I haven't seen a religion being created in game all of them are already stuck in the games lore
it would be fascinating to see 2 nodes battle it out for the god they worship that gives them a certain buffs or multiple gods on each nodes.

Thank you and have a good day.

Comments

• I love this idea. It would not only give the creators of the game a chance to add to the lore but could also provide a new dynamic upon which the population can choose from. It could also be used as a way of directing confrontation between two factions. Maybe Hades (substitute AoC deity here) and Zeus (AoC deity) are becoming equals in power so hades decides to place guild quests of conquest against this rival deity to slow or even wipe out his influence on the world. Also maybe havin different gods affects how the global world looks?
  • Steven has confirmed that religions will be a thing in ashes, and that it will be a very relevant thing in the world.. As far as we know, there are a set of gods and it would make sense if each were tied to a religion.
  • [quote quote=5789]Good day,

As I read through the nodes system I wondered if there will be a set of religion or if it will evolve according to the nodes and player decision on each region.

Through my years of playing MMORPG I haven’t seen a religion being created in game all of them are already stuck in the games lore
    it would be fascinating to see 2 nodes battle it out for the god they worship that gives them a certain buffs or multiple gods on each nodes.

Thank you and have a good day.

[/quote]

Hi, so Steven has confirmed that religion will play a big part of the lore, and that there will be religion classes in-game.

Just as there is a limited amount of positions available for majors in the world so will there be for religions. There will be hierarchy associated with certain religions, those religions will have positions like pope, bishop and etc. These positions will be available for those who progress in depth into the religion class. With these positions there will be additional augments that become unlocked that players can assigned to their primary class.

You know how the 2nd classes unlock augments that reflect their class, these religions will have certain types of focuses associated with their religion and those focuses will come into play through augments that get unleashed in the religion class progression.
  • Ohh okies, so to my understanding Gods or Divinities are already stuck in the lore and can't be made, or affected by players yah?
  • [quote quote=5910]Ohh okies, so to my understanding Gods or Divinities are already stuck in the lore and can’t be made, or affected by players yah?

[/quote]

Yes gods are already made. In the lore we are coming back to a world we had to leave and the gods will be there when we get there.
  • I do have to say, the possibility of seeing a new god born through...I don't even know right now how that would start. I gigantic serverwide event with several gods battleing it out, some fall and now others have the chance to ascend into godhood?

This seems really exciting.