Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Exploring within an Open-World Dungeon ?

Exploration within Exploration - the Dynamic / Epic  Duo ? 

What do you think ?

Comments

• Options
    Captain Picard Mind Blown  MIND  BLOWN  image tagged in memesfunnyanimalscaptain picardmind blownspace cat  made w Imgflip meme maker
  • Options
    Eragale said:

What do you think ?
    Nothing new for us oldies, we used to do this in Everquest and Vanguard all the time. If I'm not mistaken FFXI also had open world dungeons.

I feel sorry for you guys who started with WoW and never played Vanguard.
  • Options
    Looking forward too it!
  • Options
    Maquiame said:
    Eragale said:

What do you think ?
    Nothing new for us oldies, we used to do this in Everquest and Vanguard all the time. If I'm not mistaken FFXI also had open world dungeons.

About time too I say!  Now when  we were young......
  • Options
    Maquiame said:
    Eragale said:

What do you think ?

Absolutely!  And, I remember those FFXI dungeons.  Honestly, once you progressed outside the starting zone, the mobs were so ridiculously hard, it felt like the whole world was just one, big, progressive dungeon. 

I was actually surprised that it was the first game, that I remember, that came out after WoW, but didn't follow is WoW's solo'able content footprints.  FFXI forced you to group, to progress.  But, it was fun, and I enjoyed myself!
  • Options
    Yeah, I pray to the 4 pillars that Intrepid get it right because it could be awesome for the very reason stated above. Anything that encourages cooperation and interaction is welcomed in my book. Less instances the better.
  • Options
    I was actually surprised that it was the first game, that I remember, that came out after WoW, but didn't follow is WoW's solo'able content footprints.  FFXI forced you to group, to progress.  But, it was fun, and I enjoyed myself!
    Yep, being forced to multiplayer in a multiplayer game.. what cheek SE has!! :lol:
  • Options
    I am only 21 so I don't have all that much experience playing games prior WoW and WC3, D2 when I was reaaaallly young but I played project 1999 EQ afew yrs back and loved it. I also loved the open world aspect in Albion Online but it just feels like a game only meant for phones too much for me to get serious about it other than the simple stuff in it. I am excited for the open worldness of this making it truly feel like a massive world like how vanilla felt.
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited July 2017
    " Nothing new for us oldies, we used to do this in Everquest and Vanguard all the time. If I'm not mistaken FFXI also had open world dungeons.

I feel sorry for you guys who started with WoW and never played Vanguard. "
    I was going to say* something but @freespiryt said ...
    " Absolutely!  And, I remember those FFXI dungeons.  Honestly, once you progressed outside the starting zone, the mobs were so ridiculously hard, it felt like the whole world was just one, big, progressive dungeon.  "
    this balance things out. But makes me more excited tbh  :)
  • Options
    @Dygz
    Btw, I did not play WoW first  :p
  • Options
    Vanguard has been my only open world dungeon experience and it was a lot of fun, I always found it exciting to find another group fighting their way through the dangers of the delve, or open world area for that matter.
  • Options
    Kratz said:
    Yeah, I pray to the 4 pillars that Intrepid get it right because it could be awesome for the very reason stated above. Anything that encourages cooperation and interaction is welcomed in my book. Less instances the better.
    Totally agree!  In fact this why I feel the devs should bake in certain things into the game that force player interaction, because ultimately it creates a closer community.  SWG was awesome at this with things like shuttle wait times, watching entertainers in cantinas, getting doctor help in medical centers, having to use camps in the wild, etc.  Players would gripe here and there about the mechanics of doing so, but boy did it do a stupendous job at bringing people together, and forging many new friendships.  So I hope the devs will still to their guns with these sorts of force interactions. 
  • Options
    haha
    I ain't even posted in this thread and I get mistaken for Maquiame!!!  :p
  • Options
    Dygz said:
    haha
    I ain't even posted in this thread and I get mistaken for Maquiame!!!  :p
    I can't believed i missed that >.<.
    Probably the Profile looks similar in the peripheral-vision ...  :s:s:s:s

But i edited out though (: 3)
  • Options
    Eragale said: