Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Making Inns great again!

I have a suggestion that could make Inns in towns not just a decoration or quest hubs.
What would you say, if inns in game actually mattered?

Make logging off in inns give you let's say 30% exp boost for next 1 hour, after logging into the game after being offline for at least 6 hours. And make the food that you buy AND consume in inn last 2x longer than usual.

This way we could make inns something that actually matters and give them a bit more realistic feel.

Let's take it one step further and make transactions made in inns be 5% less taxed than the AH transactions with 3% of the tax going to inn owner. BUT to compensate for that, transactions in inns don't have to be "checked" (like in AA) before you can accept them, so there is possibility of scam if you are not careful. Taking it even another step further - give players option to build an inn in their non instanced housing areas, and let them supply items sold there on their own, but restrict it to consumables. Maybe even let them pick their own music theme that's going to play in an inn?

I hope someone at Interpid will read that :)
And you fellow forum members, what do you think?

Comments

• ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited July 2017
    Drago said:
    " ...  give players option to build an inn in their non instanced housing areas, and let them supply items sold there on their own, but restrict it to consumables. Maybe even let them pick their own music theme that's going to play in an inn?

I hope someone at Interpid will read that :)
    And you fellow forum members, what do you think? "
    I like this part of the idea, but i think this negates part of the " Social Aspect " of going to an inn.

When i think of going to an Inn, I think of quite the Bustling place - filled with it's own unique decor, Bards enthusiastically entertaining, Mages show-boating their " Magic-Tricks ", Rouges looking shady, Ranger sitting afar, upstairs while enjoying the "Show" the Summoner(s) & their Summons are displaying, etc ...

The 1st part of the idea, i've seen it before ; for the most part, most of that idea reminds me of SWTOR subscribers. However, i personally, would not want that because i truly do not want any kinda Level-up boost - because that incentivizes Rushing for Level cap ... where as you should be trying to enjoy yourself & not rush anything 
  • Eh. leveling boosts will only make inns way too crowded and will also push the mentality that you have to 'level to win' I like the reason but not the idea.
  • Tavern games plz! like the knife game! or rummy! arm wrestling! 
  • I got tha parties handled :smiley:
  • Rest experience from logging at inns or player housing has been around for a long time now.  As noted above though it would hurry the leveling experience somewhat if over done.  Most games have that give rest experience is done on a more minimal basis and helps people that have to be gone from a game for longer periods.   Something along that level seems reasonable.

• Temporary buffs would be nice. You go into a tavern with your friends and the longer you spend in the inn, you get an escalating buff or buffs for you and your party. Increase dmg dealt or a morale buff that decreases negative effects etc. 
  • Hookers, no inn is great without them.
  • I would prefer that inns function as a source of information/gossip and perhaps as "post offices".

Information would be posted on boards out side of the inn or tavern and limited as to who could post ie: guild leaders and town/city officials. Gossip would be messages left with bar tenders or inn keepers and staff. Mechanics for how long and how often such messages would be repeated could be related to the character who shares with the NPC reputation or standing with the community and/or NPC.

By post office I mean that "mail send" in a town/city or area of town/city influence would need to be picked up at inns in that area. Mail created in areas not under influence would be send to the nearest inn. This official mail would be picked up from a specific NPC at the location and could only be picked up by the character the mail was left for.