Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Wayfarer's Tavern, Short Story.

Aveyll takes a moment from her hot kitchen, stepping out into the main room. The bustling room full of lively men and women. A small dwarf stands on a table, screaming at a orc who is looking like he’s about to cry. The little dwarf’s beard vibrating with his exuberant display of passionate anger, his voice rising and causing laughter from hearty men around him. The more fragile orc man, turns and runs for the door, the wooden door slamming behind him cutting off his
loud sobs.

“Gredfor!” Aveyll screams loudly, the diners at the bar and the bar maiden all hush, the room itself quelling its noise as the stocky woman charges through the crowd. Weaving her way around tables, hushed “ooos” and “ahhs” following behind her.

“Aye Avvie Just hush your knockers and go fill me a pint ya broad.” The red faced Dwarfen man says as Aveyll approaches, the girls face getting increasingly irritated as she gets to standing in front of him. Even on the table, the Dwarf is about five inches shorter than her, his drunken eyes staring at her with a cocky piss smile.

“First of all” Aveyll grabs the dwarf by his beard pulling him up and off the table,then tossing his short posterior onto the ground. “Ya’ don’t stand on a lady’s tables.” She walks to stand over him, the drunken dwarf a mess on the ground, a little bit of vomit slipping from his mouth as he dries to pull himself up. “Why ye-” The dwarf can’t utter another word as the woman's foot is pressing into his gut, causing vomit to flow freely from his mouth onto the floor. Then she starts to slide him through it, her eyes a violent gaze as she uses the rodent man to wipe up his own vomit. “Girl! Get the wash bucket and mob.” She screams to a maid that is standing with a tray pressed to her breast, the young girl nodding violently as she turns to run into the kitchen.

“Wayfarer’s Tavern is for all to come and enjoy a nice brew or stew, if you disrupt my peace, my home, I will never let ye get a pint here again.” She spits the words into the room, glaring at the eyes of each man sitting there. The atmosphere that was jolly and drunk, now one of sober seriousness, fear even. “Understand?”

Comments

• lol That got violent, quickly!    :p
  • lol That got violent, quickly!    :p
    I'm so surprised, I tried to post this long ago and it never did on the old forums.. but here it is! 
  • Lmao!! I'd love to see this female character become a real NPC in the game as a quest giver.  :D
  • Aveyll takes a moment from her hot kitchen, stepping out into the main room. The bustling room full of lively men and women. A small dwarf stands on a table, screaming at a orc who is looking like he’s about to cry. The little dwarf’s beard vibrating with his exuberant display of passionate anger, his voice rising and causing laughter from hearty men around him. The more fragile orc man, turns and runs for the door, the wooden door slamming behind him cutting off his
    loud sobs.

“Gredfor!” Aveyll screams loudly, the diners at the bar and the bar maiden all hush, the room itself quelling its noise as the stocky woman charges through the crowd. Weaving her way around tables, hushed “ooos” and “ahhs” following behind her.

“Aye Avvie Just hush your knockers and go fill me a pint ya broad.” The red faced Dwarfen man says as Aveyll approaches, the girls face getting increasingly irritated as she gets to standing in front of him. Even on the table, the Dwarf is about five inches shorter than her, his drunken eyes staring at her with a cocky piss smile.

“First of all” Aveyll grabs the dwarf by his beard pulling him up and off the table,then tossing his short posterior onto the ground. “Ya’ don’t stand on a lady’s tables.” She walks to stand over him, the drunken dwarf a mess on the ground, a little bit of vomit slipping from his mouth as he dries to pull himself up. “Why ye-” The dwarf can’t utter another word as the woman's foot is pressing into his gut, causing vomit to flow freely from his mouth onto the floor. Then she starts to slide him through it, her eyes a violent gaze as she uses the rodent man to wipe up his own vomit. “Girl! Get the wash bucket and mob.” She screams to a maid that is standing with a tray pressed to her breast, the young girl nodding violently as she turns to run into the kitchen.

“Wayfarer’s Tavern is for all to come and enjoy a nice brew or stew, if you disrupt my peace, my home, I will never let ye get a pint here again.” She spits the words into the room, glaring at the eyes of each man sitting there. The atmosphere that was jolly and drunk, now one of sober seriousness, fear even. “Understand?”

Her tavern moderation is a little heavy handed. Lol. 
  • @AutumnWillow
    Haha you're right, I personally feel for tavern owners, they don't have the gold to pay for guards and such. So the owner needs to beable to deliver a heavy blow incase of something like this. 

Aveyll is the type of woman that does not stand for being a jackass for the sake of having one too many drinks. She also doesn't stand for rascism, or hate speech for anything. 
    She backs her beliefs with the fact that she was an adventurer back in the day, and knows how to kill. 
    @Sanserif
    Contact them ;D I'd be glad to send them the character description for them to use. 
    Idk who to contact for that though. 
  • To answer a question,
    Also, Aveyll has anger issues if you can't tell from this ;) 
  • Very cool. You show those dwarves a thing or two!! :)
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited September 2017
    great work still come back to this