Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Official Live stream Q&A Question Thread – August 23rd, 2017

ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
edited August 2017 in Announcements & Headlines

Hey, everyone!

Once again we’re collecting questions to answer during this Wednesday's (23rd)  Twitch stream starting at 3:00 PM PDT / 6:00 PM EDT / 10:00 PM UTC / 8:00 AM AEST. 

Please post your questions in this thread and we’ll pick around 10 or so to answer live on-stream. Please, only one question per person. Additional questions will likely not get answered. 
Thanks for your help!

And as a special reminder, Intrepid Studios will be streaming every day from PAX West 1st-4th of September, including live gameplay and special guests. So stay tuned for that!

Ashes of Creation Twitch Channel
Missed a previous Livestream and you want to catch up? check out the Ashes of Creation Youtube Channel

Comments

• Will the Tulnar have exoskeleton features available for manipulation in the character creation suite?
  • What is the criteria to be eligible to rent a marketplace stall? Is it node citizenship, ZOI citizenship, or is it free for all?
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited August 2017
    How do you plan to balance the corruption system between those who use it as intended and those who exploit the penalties? (corruption bombing; alts used solely to harass others until the individual being harassed chooses to flag up and kill them then the alt returns and repeats)

• Are we still on schedule for Alpha 0 in 2017 and Kickstarter Alphas in 2018?
  • If most items will be player crafted, it can easily lead to situation where loot tables will be extremely poor and narrow. So how you will make loot tables rich and interesting and what kind of stuff mobs and bosses are going to drop?
  • Will the gathering require high-end gear to collect high-end resources or will it rely solely on your skill in that field? 
    edited August 2017
    Dear creators,

What is the name of the world?

- the created
    edited August 2017
    If your guild owns a castle and you develop the region around that, can you still be a citizen of another node's metropolis or vice versa, help develop a castle if you're already a citizen of a node?
    edited August 2017
    Could you explain up to what level of editing can we use to design/develop our freeholds, specifically what kind of "Design" tools will we be using? eg. XYZ axis movement/rotation/size tool or polygon/sculpting editing tool etc, or are we looking at a simpler modular placement concept, ie. everything is location locked within the freehold (can only place the house/cellar/stables/dungeon/...etc in XYZ only location) or something of both?

And if possible for a follow up question are these assets that we use to edit our freeholds dropped as loot from creatures/players?
    Thanks.
    edited August 2017
    Over the years i have seen many MMORPGs get kick started and failed. So my question is what sets you apart from all the other games? This is the only reason i haven't bought into the alpha for this game. I'm tried of wasting money on worthless MMORPGs that fail.
  • Question about in game marriage ceremonies. Will they be instanced to prevent anti-social behaviour? For example the infamous WOW pvp raid on an in-game funeral?

• For us lore junkies, do you have anything more specific you can tell us about the Gods in ashes of creation?  
  • Will there be (river and sea) underwater worlds of some sort that will be worth exploring?
    edited August 2017
    When will us non-attendees of PAX be able to purchase those items you will be giving out or selling at the event?
  • About the bounty system -- will players be able to make their own bounties against other players?
    edited August 2017
    Given the intention to not provide an ingame parsing solution and not allow addons, what tools will be available for players looking to maximize their character's performance?
  • Do I need to be in a party to get credit for kills or quest, or can I just so happen to show up at a boss or other event and get credit even if I was not in the party?
  • Hey nice the 23rd is my B-day! thanks for the gift. My question would be what steps are being taken to curb/prevent botters and gold spammers?
    edited August 2017

How big will the total map size be and do you have anything to compare it with atm?
    edited August 2017

Would you remove the stats degradation for the corrupted player as well as equipment drop or at least make more loot drop from green players?

• Live Events:  Have you thought of implementing live events in the world, some where GMs  might even participate such as EQ and Asheron's call.  Example,  Living dead invasions or a small village being destroyed by a monster invasion.  Perhaps leaving ruins for others to stumble over and wonder about like in AC.   
    edited August 2017
    I guess the single question requirement doesn't apply to pvp bros.
    Yep. I was asked to choose one.
  • Hello from Russia, again!!!))) The question is how you are planning to motivate players for PK or PVP - what the reason to use this mechanic if reward will be too cheap or little? Players must know what they die for!!!
  • It's been a while since SEA/OCE servers were announced so now we have NA, EU and OCE/SEA, off the top of your heads have we gained enough members for any other server regions? e.g. a Russian server etc
  • Shunex said:
    It's been a while since SEA/OCE servers were announced so now we have NA, EU and OCE/SEA, off the top of your heads have we gained enough members for any other server regions? e.g. a Russian server etc
    Good question. If it will not be Russian servers all Russians will play at EU - it is not a problem, but it will be quite cool if Russian servers take places - cause of ping. But don't even try to make deal with localisation companies - they are too greedy!!!
  • Localisation companies always make fails . It is a fact.
    edited August 2017
    Will it be possible to play the instruments yourself? Like in Guild Wars 2? I really liked making my own little songs and playing them for others. Guilds dedicated to making music could also become a thing then :D
  • Will each class be "bound" to a certain type of weapons? For instance, will clerics be stuck with using a staff or will they be able to wield other weapons too?
  • Will there be player owned watercraft to hunt over seas trade routes?
  • Will loot be instanced where every body gets something, or will we have to fight over loot?
This discussion has been closed.