Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

AoCs: 1 week into AoC and wolf fur is traded for 30 gold ea. due to a quest requirement, you:

Comments

• Definitely take advantage of it while you can. Because why not?
  • I'm a hoarder in games :( I like building up stacks and then seeing what I can do to influence prices - or I like to just hoard and keep until I needs it/distribute to guild ^^
  • The poll question omits a couple influencing factors. Is 30g a high reward for the time the activity takes? Is the quest node specific or global, thus reducing the market, since most people will be working together to advance a node? Are the spawns of wolves frequent enough, or do we need to start ganking others to get the sweet, sweet loot? And other factors that would lead me to the decision I would make.
  • I mean I'm a PKer but I have a heart so.
  • While everyone wastes their time on something that gives no gold (1 week in and you assume 30g is much? Have you heard the story of precursers in gw2?: P)
    I will keep exploring the world and search for something truly rare to stockpile on.
  • Maximum time efficiency right? While waiting for other players you get fur, when you find em you take their fur!
  • Defiantly try to make as much money from it as I could by killing as many wolfs as possible and selling them fast before the price drops 
  • I will kill the wolves to sell the fur to take advantage of the high price.  But I would also help my fellow traders kick any griefers in the face.   Get off our land ;)
  • In early game, I never sell my stuff to NPC. I just hoard as much as I can and sell it to players who are stuck or can't get passed the pk. Most of this knowledge is accumulated during Alpha/beta tests. 
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited August 2017
    Work smart..

and never do land trade runs again
  • I wish there was a combo answer...

I would go there to observe, and see if lots of people were farming or not.
    If there was nobody around, I'd slay the wolves mercilessly and stockpile.
    If there was a few people around already farming, I'd probably do my best to make their efforts more difficult - either killing wolves around them first, or killing them.
    If there were lots of people, I'd try to kill whoever I could and try to take their stuff.
    If there were lots of people killing wolves and others, I'd just walk away and focus on my own crafting - unless I needed the wolf fur first.  Then I'd complete the quest and move on based entirely on how much effort it took to get the wolf fur - from a wolf OR a dead player.  If I figured it was easier and more time and cost effective to just buy the wolf fur, I'd buy it.

Ultimately, whatever is the quickest and easiest way to move on, level, or stockpile gold... I will probably do.  As an adult, I feel like playing a video game needs to be treated more and more like a business, but to create the maximum amount of fun possible in the least amount of time.  Not because I'm impatient, but because 'life' is becoming increasingly demanding of my time.  It's annoying, but it's also how I have to treat things if I want to enjoy them more.
  • I'm all about how to win fur and influence people.
  • What if 30g is nothing and they normally sell for 1000g?
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited August 2017
    Karthos said:
    What if 30g is nothing and they normally sell for 1000g?
    All conjecture here. I had the thought that wolf fur would be worth 50-60% less than what it might be trade for, (30 gold). But, if the average price for, let's say a gatherable material like a mushroom is 200g ea. --then I could see wolf fur being worth 1000. Even so, 1000g is much too high for any kind of standard price rate.
  • (sniff)
  • As you people should know, easiest way to make money is to have other people make it for you.
    Or maybe just make a group request to kill people who are gathering furs and pay them little bit more.
    After getting more than daily recommended chaos it is time for some crafting. 
    There might also be a chance to reward them with some crafted items.
  • Everyone is after wolf pelts suits me fine will head off and take advantage of the other resources that most of you no longer seem to be bothered with :smiley:
  • Yup, whilst that lot bother with instant gold, it seems that Varkun and I will be improving our crafting range and building our 'name as a great crafter' reputations and vendor contacts so we get the better long term investment than a bit of flash cash.

Well that or legendary hunting...
    Or role-playing...
    Or just gazing slack jawed at the beauty of the world
  • Megs said:
    Yup, whilst that lot bother with instant gold, it seems that Varkun and I will be improving our crafting range and building our 'name as a great crafter' reputations and vendor contacts so we get the better long term investment than a bit of flash cash.

Well that or legendary hunting...
    Or role-playing...
    Or just gazing slack jawed at the beauty of the world

I like your style @Megs :D
  •  I will do what I do every time there is an overcrowded farming area for a quest...move on. There are other things to do while gold driven players fight for money.  I want to tame and breed, and depending on how it works, I want my taming skill high enough quick enough, so that if I chance across a rare creature, I can capture it.  I could even go explore for a new node,  if it's before I become attached or find a friendly group.

• I'm gonna be tp busy beating a hunk of iron ore into something usefull to be bother with killing wolves.  but I will most likely have stall next to the quest giver selling swords with a wolf killing bonus.

• And also tame a wolf pet while I'm there. Wolves are cool.
  • KILL EVERYONE AND EVERYTHING THAT IS NOT FRIENDLY! Mass murder FOR THE WIN!