Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Dev's Computer???

Does anyone happen to know what system they are running for developing the game? Do the use windows or mac/ specs of the engine?

Comments

• Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited August 2017
    There making it with Unreal Engine 4, and it will be only for windows.
  • Options
    You can spot some thing during the Intrepid Studios Tour on YouTube:
    • A minimum of 2 LG screens for each developer
    • Graphic designers have additional gear (Wacom panels) for drawing
    • They have quiet the big racks (e.g. at 2:04 of the video, below the desk)
    • Running Windows 10
    • Probably the newest GTX or Radeon graphic cards (you also can see the card inside the tower at 2:04 of the video, it is white on the outside)
    • Keyboards and mouse look like Logitech gear for most of them, some have different brands
  • Options
    Steven posted this up a while ago for the new office rig specs :)

Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 1700X (Turbo Up to 3.8 GHz) (8-Core) 3.4 GHz Motherboard: ASUS PRIME X370-PRO (AMD X370 Chipset) (Up to 3x PCI-E Devices) System Memory: 32GB DDR4 2400MHz Digital Storm Performance Series Power Supply: 1200W Corsair AX1200i (Digitally Controlled Power) Optical Drive: DVD-R/RW/CD-R/RW (DVD Writer 24x / CD-Writer 48x) (Internal) Storage Set 1: 1x SSD M.2 (500GB Samsung 960 EVO) (NVM Express) Storage Set 2: 1x Storage (4TB Western Digital - Black Edition) Internet Access: High Speed Network Port (Supports High-Speed Cable / DSL / Network Connections) Graphics Card(s): 1x GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB (NVIDIA Founders Edition) (VR Ready) Extreme Cooling: H20: Stage 2: Corsair H110i GT - 280mm Liquid CPU Cooler (Fully Sealed + No Maintenance) Cable Management: Premium Cable Management (Strategically Routed & Organized for Airflow) Windows OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Professional (64-Bit Edition) New Office Rig Specs!
  • Options
    I appreciate all the comments and answers! I asked because I liked their flare for making a wonderful game and it sparked something in me to want to make a beautiful game and try to teach myself/learn  (or at least try to) using unreal and upgrading my setup for my computer. I have a windows setup currently so I think ill stick with what I know! (:
  • Options
    Shunex said:
    Steven posted this up a while ago for the new office rig specs :)

Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 1700X (Turbo Up to 3.8 GHz) (8-Core) 3.4 GHz Motherboard: ASUS PRIME X370-PRO (AMD X370 Chipset) (Up to 3x PCI-E Devices) System Memory: 32GB DDR4 2400MHz Digital Storm Performance Series Power Supply: 1200W Corsair AX1200i (Digitally Controlled Power) Optical Drive: DVD-R/RW/CD-R/RW (DVD Writer 24x / CD-Writer 48x) (Internal) Storage Set 1: 1x SSD M.2 (500GB Samsung 960 EVO) (NVM Express) Storage Set 2: 1x Storage (4TB Western Digital - Black Edition) Internet Access: High Speed Network Port (Supports High-Speed Cable / DSL / Network Connections) Graphics Card(s): 1x GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB (NVIDIA Founders Edition) (VR Ready) Extreme Cooling: H20: Stage 2: Corsair H110i GT - 280mm Liquid CPU Cooler (Fully Sealed + No Maintenance) Cable Management: Premium Cable Management (Strategically Routed & Organized for Airflow) Windows OS: Microsoft Windows 10 Professional (64-Bit Edition) New Office Rig Specs!
    How much would that cost if I wanted to get a similar rig? ><
  • Options
    You need that rig to develop Ashes.
    You don't need that rig to play Ashes.
  • Options
    But I wanna have an almighty powerful computer! >v<
  • Options
    AeonAuron said:
    You need that rig to develop Ashes.
    You don't need that rig to play Ashes.
    You need that rig to develop Ashes. Incorrect.
    You don't need that rig to play Ashes. Correct.
  • Options
    shoot :p I want to build a beast of a computer for both 1440p gaming and game development/design.

• Options
    philx said:
    shoot :p I want to build a beast of a computer for both 1440p gaming and game development/design.
  • Options

what's wrong with that? :p

• Options
  • Options
    Thanks Belewyn! I plan on upgrading my computer for gaming and some game development/ programming in the near future. That is why I asked!

• Options
    philx said:
    Thanks Belewyn! I plan on upgrading my computer for gaming and some game development/ programming in the near future. That is why I asked!

That's all @shunex there. I am just the one sharing <3
  • Options
    Awesome to know the computer specs... been trying to get that information for a while now.   Something to help guide me and others that are probably will upgrade/build a new computer for this game, and i'm sure for a good reason to upgrade a computer for such a game! :D
  • Options
    Influenza said:
    Awesome to know the computer specs... been trying to get that information for a while now.   Something to help guide me and others that are probably will upgrade/build a new computer for this game, and i'm sure for a good reason to upgrade a computer for such a game! :D

yeah! you won't need those specs for the game :p they said whatever computer you have had built in the last 5-6 years should be fine to run it but, I will still upgrade mine for games and work :p

• Options
    That is good to hear @philx I'm sure mine will run it on medium-high, but I sure want to get the ultra high settings... so always a good thing to know some specs to shoot for.  I like to build computers that last for years and get my money's worth....