Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

AoC Music Composer?

KurrigKurrig Member
edited August 2020 in General Discussion
Does anyone know if a composer has been selected for AoC and if so who?

If not, who would you like to see compose music for AoC? These are my top 3 picks.
  1. Jason Hayes (original WoW)
  2. Jeremy Soule (Icewind Dale)
  3. Matt Uelmen (Diablo 2)

Comments

• Options
    SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    The dude who did Black Sails is who IS has chosen.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.
  • Options
    AoC does have a music composer, his name is Bear McCreary. I personally don't know who he is, but he is pretty famous.
  • Options
    Thanks all. I knew the name sounded familiar. I remember seeing the name pop up on The Walking Dead.
  • Options
    NagashNagash Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    The king of bagpipes will make ashes better

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FJK9qAUQdAE
    nJ0vUSm.gif

The dead do not squabble as this land’s rulers do. The dead have no desires, petty jealousies or ambitions. A world of the dead is a world at peace
  • Options
    SussurroSussurro Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Absolutely Jeremy Soule. His work on The Elder Scrolls series, particularly the main theme from the Morrowind installment, has imbedded itself in MY soul. Daggerfall is a close second in terms of music, but it's the best CRPG overall I've played (especially the Unity port).

The composer IS have had for promotional material has been producing wonderful compositions for as long as I've followed the project; I would say his music feels like an extension of the game, much like the music does when I'm exploring zones in WoW.
    “Light thinks it travels faster than anything but it is wrong. No matter how fast light travels, it finds the darkness has always got there first, and is waiting for it.” - Terry Prachett, Reaper Man
  • Options
    nidriksnidriks Member, Warrior of Old, Kickstarter
    CaptnChuck wrote: »
    AoC does have a music composer, his name is Bear McCreary. I personally don't know who he is, but he is pretty famous.

He is perhaps most famous for Battlestar Galactica.
  • Options
    StevenSharifStevenSharif Moderator, Member, Staff, Avatar of the Phoenix, Kickstarter
    His work on Battlestar Galactica, ( and everywhere else lol) is utterly amazing :)
  • Options
    VhaeyneVhaeyne Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Solid pick. I am even more excited. BSG, Black Sails and Europa Report are some of my favorites.
    TVMenSP.png
    If I had more time, I would write a shorter post.
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    His work on Battlestar Galactica, ( and everywhere else lol) is utterly amazing :)

I have to agree with you completely here.
  • Options

I know of exactly 1 music composer, and that's Bear McCreary :smile: That's almost exclusively based on Battlestar Galactica.

Listened to some of his other works now too, awesome choice :smiley:
  • Options
    all this battlestar galactica made me rewatch it ! Talks everyone :smiley:
  • Options
    Valento92Valento92 Member
    edited August 2020
    I love Lena Chapelle's work, she's a solid pick if IS were to grow their team imho.
    "Magic is not a tool, little one. It is a river that unites us in its current."

I heard a bird ♫
  • Options
    Bear McCreary has done a lot of good work. https://youtube.com/user/bearmccreary
  • Options
    I'm really excited to hear some of the music from Bear in AoC. I hope it won't be too long until we can start hearing some sample? o:)
  • Options
    KesarakkKesarakk Member, Braver of Worlds, Alpha One
    This may just be me, but I would love to see Lindsey Stirling involved with the project. Maybe she could be the sound behind some of the bards? I don’t ever plan on playing a bard, but I think her music is amazing.
  • Options
    SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited August 2020
    Lindsey Stirling plays Violin. So far we have Flutes and Bagpipes stated as the instruments in Ashes. Bit of a leap from Violin to Flutes/Bagpipes.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    LexLex Member, Phoenix Initiative, Avatar of the Phoenix, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    His God of War music was also incredible. Guy is a genius.

https://youtu.be/jpyVfd8TyoI
    fe85sq6n7wyu.png
  • Options
    NelsonRebelNelsonRebel Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited August 2020
    Lex wrote: »
    His God of War music was also incredible. Guy is a genius.

https://youtu.be/jpyVfd8TyoI

I enjoyed that so much on ps4. I actually bought the whole album from the GoW music on the store just to support him.