Housing ideas and more!

Here are a few Housing and Game ideas I had recently,
I'll probably think of more later so check back if you want more ideas:

1. Realistic Cobwebs and Spiderwebs for indoor/outdoor decorations. Very cool for Holiday events or year round.
2. Indoor/Outdoor holiday luminescent vines, lights, candles, or lanterns. Like Christmas string lights, but Verra accurate.
3. Moon(s) causing low tide, and high tide. Could make for fun dungeon discovery and/or harvesting opportunities.
4. Extra Life fund raiser Cosmetic skin pack. $25.00 donation gets you the House, Boat, Mount, Outfit, Pet, and Trinket skins.
5. Bot Management, After your GM's confirm a Bot in-game, the GM triggers a timed Kill Quest for the nearest qualified Bounty Hunter! After the BH kills the Bot, they are awarded half the dropped Materials, and after the Bot dies the Ban process is then completed by the GM. That could be very satisfying!

Comments

• tautautautau Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Re #5: What would prevent some cheater to set up a bot in a remote place and let it run a few days then report it themself from their 'real' character? This would allow the cheater to avoid detection and punishment and still end up with a significant amount of materials.

However, I think you have the germ of an idea there when there are rewards for reporting bots/cheaters.
  • 6. Headstones, Monuments, and Crypts would be fun outdoor housing decorations too!
    7. Outdoor decorations such as Barn cats, dogs, or bat friends hanging upside down from your house and fluttering around the yard at night would be fantastic!
    8. Yard fireflies and butterflies please!
  • 1. Realistic Cobwebs and Spiderwebs for indoor/outdoor decorations. Very cool for Holiday events or year round.

I think cobwebs forming over time would be really neat. You'd have to keep up maintenance on your house/freehold to remove cobwebs/weeds/etc. It could also be automated by hiring a maid/groundskeeper on your freehold.
  • CawwCaww Member
    4. Extra Life fund raiser Cosmetic skin pack. $25.00 donation gets you the House, Boat, Mount, Outfit, Pet, and Trinket skins.

Given the current price structure in the shop a bundle like that would be around $90 plus.
  • Caww wrote: »

Given the current price structure in the shop a bundle like that would be around $90 plus.

That's precisely the point, more people would be willing to donate $25 to get an entire pack. Which helps the kids and that's the main goal.
  • tautau wrote: »
    Re #5: What would prevent some cheater to set up a bot in a remote place and let it run a few days then report it themself from their 'real' character? This would allow the cheater to avoid detection and punishment and still end up with a significant amount of materials.

However, I think you have the germ of an idea there when there are rewards for reporting bots/cheaters.

Ashes will have in-game realtime GM's unlike most other MMO's, so I think it would be pretty easy to track that kind of player and ban them. With as long as it will take to level up in Ashes, it will make bot squishing even easier - especially if there's Bounty Hunter incentives for killing them!
  • akabearakabear Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One

3. Moon(s) causing low tide, and high tide. Could make for fun dungeon discovery and/or harvesting opportunities.
    > Very much like the idea, just with snow blocking, ice giving ability to traverse to a place that would otherwise be off-limits.

5. Bot Management, After your GM's confirm a Bot in-game, the GM triggers a timed Kill Quest for the nearest qualified Bounty Hunter! After the BH kills the Bot, they are awarded half the dropped Materials, and after the Bot dies the Ban process is then completed by the GM. That could be very satisfying!

> very much like the idea. Simply though, someone is caught botting beyond any reasonable doubt, allow their character to remain in the game and be able to be killed and drop all their gear

> also all the spoils from their chest in their house bust out into the street for first passers-bys to pickup! perhaps a limit per passers-by so that many benefit and the joy (and lesson) is shared !
  • DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Caww wrote: »

That's precisely the point, more people would be willing to donate $25 to get an entire pack. Which helps the kids and that's the main goal.
    Bwaaa hahaha.
    INTREPID: "Let's lose a bunch of money for ourselves while we try to raise money for charity!!"

• VaknarVaknar Moderator, Member, Staff
    edited April 2022
    Woah! There are some awesome ideas in here! I love threads like these c: Super fun to read!

Keep those ideas coming! ^_^
    community_management.gif
  • 6. Headstones, Monuments, and Crypts would be fun outdoor housing decorations too!

Why not take them with you?

htxky6c3o8s0.png
    Twilight is nigh the inferno shall rise. Fall in line, your soul is mine.
    9u9aa7k6gdsu.gif