Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

What hair color limitations would you like to see in Ashes of Creation? (Poll and Discussion)

13»

Comments

• CaerylCaeryl Member
    Lithion wrote: »
    Caeryl wrote: »
    Neon pinks, electric blues, and eye-searing oranges are for cyberpunk and don’t fit into a high fantasy setting.
    Who says those colors don't belong in a fantasy setting? Verra already has all those colors on all the animals and armor and pets, why would it be so weird to see it on peoples hair also? Look at my post above for all the examples listed of the bright vibrant colors all over the world in this game, and even the gameplay we saw today had goblins with neon glowing eyes and bright colored fur. These colors ARE natural to this world, it isn't even earth and they aren't even "humans" technically. I'm just saying, trying to say those colors don't match this game or the "high fantasy" genre is a bit off the mark to me. But again, just my opinion.

Animals on earth also have pink feathers, spotted fur, and green hide. That it exists on them doesn’t means those things would look natural on a human.
  • LithionLithion Member
    Caeryl wrote: »
    Animals on earth also have pink feathers, spotted fur, and green hide. That it exists on them doesn’t means those things would look natural on a human.
    Yet even here on earth i see many people with Pink and green hair? I was referring to a comment saying those colors are not natural in the setting, yet all those colors are clearly already in the setting all around. So in the world of Verra seeing someone with Bright colored hair might not be out of the ordinary because every other creature has many vibrant colors so it wouldn't be so unbelievable for someone to have hair dye or natural bright colored hair depending on the race. We don't even know if the "human" races have normal hair because its a made up world of magic and mutations, so they could easily write in that they can be born with bright colored hair. My whole response was to him implying that those colors aren't in a fantasy world like Verra.
  • VaknarVaknar Moderator, Member, Staff
    It's cool to see that the poll shows that people are relatively split on the topic!

Make sure to give your feedback in our [Feedback Request] Hairstyles in Character Creator thread as well 🙌
    community_management.gif
  • DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Lithion wrote: »
    Yet even here on earth i see many people with Pink and green hair? I was referring to a comment saying those colors are not natural in the setting, yet all those colors are clearly already in the setting all around. So in the world of Verra seeing someone with Bright colored hair might not be out of the ordinary because every other creature has many vibrant colors so it wouldn't be so unbelievable for someone to have hair dye or natural bright colored hair depending on the race. We don't even know if the "human" races have normal hair because its a made up world of magic and mutations, so they could easily write in that they can be born with bright colored hair. My whole response was to him implying that those colors aren't in a fantasy world like Verra.
    Some people love to look out of the ordinary.
    Especially people in a high magic fantasy setting.

• Song_WardenSong_Warden Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I don't count branchlers as bald lol.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • LithionLithion Member
    Dygz wrote: »
    Some people love to look out of the ordinary.
    Especially people in a high magic fantasy setting.
    I agree! that's why I'm hoping for all the colors, love to see all the different variety of characters out there!