Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

The Tip of the Spear

VaknarVaknar Moderator, Member, Staff
edited September 2022 in Announcements
8_TBD1920---Voyager-Plus---Background.jpg

Military might. The projection of power. The Aelan Empire’s golden age saw the kingdom span the continent of Vandagar from shore to shore. Through well-organized martial armies and an unparalleled naval force, the humans of Aela forged the largest nation in Verran history. The Kaelar, the progenitor of that once great Aelan kingdom, seek to reclaim their former glory during Verra’s reconstruction.

The Tip of the Spear cosmetic add-ons will be available in the Ashes of Creation shop from August 10, 2022 at 11:00 a.m. Pacific until September 7, 2022 at 11:00 a.m. Pacific. Don’t forget that Thunder at the Gate addons will be removed on August 10, 2022 at 11:00 a.m. Pacific when the new cosmetics swap over.

For more information, check out our news post: https://ashesofcreation.com/news/2022-08-09-the-tip-of-the-spear
community_management.gif

Comments

• Any update on what the freehold cosmetic can go on? Any timeline of when we might hear more about what they all go on?
  • AidanKDAidanKD Member
    edited August 2022
    Lithion wrote: »
    Any update on what the freehold cosmetic can go on? Any timeline of when we might hear more about what they all go on?

Sorry @Vaknar but we are going to keep chiming about this every month until we get an answer :D I still can't see a great reason to withhold this info - you would do a service to the community to push out an answer. We aren't asking for an Alpha 2 release date here (though loads do...) - just a core principle of the game. Nothing physical, tangible that we can touch - just an answer. Make it happen!

--

I will however say, like the skins. Lots of character and detail - Verra is really building great variety.
  • VaknarVaknar Moderator, Member, Staff
    edited August 2022
    You can read what Margaret Krohn (our Community Marketing Lead) has said on this here

What Margaret said still remains true.

I'll add this to Margaret's statement 😉:
    The freehold system interacts with a lot of other systems within Ashes of Creation. Many of the systems involved in such an ambitious MMORPG such as this one create a web of interactions with one another. The decisions the design team makes with the Freehold system will affect many other systems and decisions down the line, so they really want to make sure they get it right.

We are much further along in this process than we were several months ago, and we really hope to have an answer for you soon!

Regardless, you can rest assured that we have your back. We hear you, and if you're displeased with the design decision regarding freehold cosmetics, we will make it right ^_^
    community_management.gif
  • VaknarVaknar Moderator, Member, Staff
    I'd like to add clarification for the Field Marshal’s Command Accessory Cosmetic Skin:

This cosmetic item, when applied, will affect both the shoulder and back slots ^_^
    community_management.gif
  • pyrealpyreal Member, Warrior of Old
    The costume gave me some Kabuki vibes. I'm diggin' it.
  • I mean I like it, but I also feel it looks kind of basic. Though when I saw the 3d render of the guise of negotiator, it made me regret not buying. So maybe this is within my interest enough to buy the pack this time.
  • The_Gaming_ButlerThe_Gaming_Butler Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Stunning, as always.

While this cat is a pet, my hope is that there will be a few Big Cat mounts along the way ;-)
    Ashes of Creation News can be found on The Gaming Butler News Channel
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCP31ixSBO7GHKLBefWVcJaA
  • HinotoriHinotori Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Stunning, as always.

While this cat is a pet, my hope is that there will be a few Big Cat mounts along the way ;-)

We've had a few @The_Gaming_Butler

oov55ea65kiq.png
    2jp8pn25t81s.png
    ln7d61hxtwxu.png
    lsb9nxihx5vc.png
  • Song_WardenSong_Warden Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I got the cloak. I buy a lot of cloaks without hoods since the Py-Rai update. Will probably pick up the cat pet and the horse charger too. Horse charger interests me thanks to the red theme - Matches my other accessories.

Thanks for your hard work and dedication.
    Neurath.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • SeraphxSeraphx Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Test
    7un9now91cf7.png
  • Song_WardenSong_Warden Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Will cosmetic necklaces be seen on top of armour? Or will the chest armour cover the cosmetic necklaces?
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • I'd love to see some weapon designs. I wonder if we'll ever get weapon cosmetics, too.
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • HinotoriHinotori Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    daveywavey wrote: »
    I'd love to see some weapon designs. I wonder if we'll ever get weapon cosmetics, too.

We will/have! People who participated in APOC were able to earn weapon skins for ashes.

I believe the kickstarter also has a backer only weapon skin.

I'm sure we'll see weapon skins in the game and probably some added to the cash shop when we see the game go live.
    lsb9nxihx5vc.png
  • AsraielAsraiel Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    i like the look of the mounts but the current movement is cluncky and tose turns on the spot nay nay nay
  • The_Gaming_ButlerThe_Gaming_Butler Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Natasha wrote: »
    Stunning, as always.

We've had a few @The_Gaming_Butler

oov55ea65kiq.png
    2jp8pn25t81s.png
    ln7d61hxtwxu.png

That purple prowler is currently my favorite mount released. Thanks for the reminder of the other options.

The big cats in WoW were/are some of my favorites, so I'm still hoping to see something more aligned with a Bengal or conventional panther.
    Ashes of Creation News can be found on The Gaming Butler News Channel
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCP31ixSBO7GHKLBefWVcJaA