Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Separate Alpha/Beta keys?

daniil31daniil31 Member
edited October 2022 in Support & FAQ
I'm really excited and passionate about this project, so I want to try out Alpha 2 as soon as it releases. However, I'm not able to afford a $250 bundle to get access to the Alpha/Beta test. So I'm curious if there ever will be a possibility to get the Alpha/Beta test key only without the bundle with cosmetics?

Comments

• unknownsystemerrorunknownsystemerror Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Most likely not for a few different reasons they have expressed over the years. They want to keep parity for those that have bought crowdfunding packages in the past. Intrepid has so far never given a sale or reduced the initial buy in price "value" on packages. They occasionally during certain events reward testing keys (ExtraLife charity event yearly as one example) or give some to certain content creators to pass out to their communities. They plan once the content creator program is back up and running to provide official CC with limited beta keys to give out also from plans stated years ago. So your best bet if you are "excited and passionate" is to try and get access that way.

One of the other reasons is they are looking for those that understand that Alpha 2 testing will be just that, testing. They increased their refund policy from 30 days to 90 days during Alpha 1 to address the issue for people who had bought "the game to try it out" and then complained that the was "no game to play." It has been stated to be a true alpha phase in the Western sense and not an "early access" drop of a mostly completed game that has been prevalent over the last several years mainly by Eastern mmos. There will be hundreds, if not thousands of people streaming their A2 experience for those that find themselves unable to afford or justify to themselves buying packages.
    south-park-rabble-rabble-rabbl-53b58d315aa49.jpg
  • SomethingWittySomethingWitty Member, Staff, Leader of Men, Alpha One
    Greetings daniil31

As @unknownsystemerror mentioned, we currently have no plans to offer any testing access for purchase separately from the existing packages. Our Community team does occasionally giveaway testing access with events such as Glorious Gourd or Extra Life. So keep an eye on our social media and news for any such events.
    customer_support.gif
This discussion has been closed.