Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Why I put ideas here?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Strevi wrote: »
    Big content creators also read what we type here.
    I downvote their videos whenever I am upset what they say.
    I hope they read this :smile:

Just stop watching them. If we all ignore them, then they'll fade into irrelevance where they belong.
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    daveywavey wrote: »
    Strevi wrote: »
    Big content creators also read what we type here.
    I downvote their videos whenever I am upset what they say.
    I hope they read this :smile:

Just stop watching them. If we all ignore them, then they'll fade into irrelevance where they belong.

I have to agree.

If a content creator is doing anything other than just presenting information on an MMO, I am not interested.

I dont care about watching someone else play a game - that is an huge waste of time. I also dont care about someone else's opinion on things, as a general rule (unless they are someone I know). I prefer to form my own opinion on things rather than follow the "my favorite creator said X, therefore my opinion has to be X" like far too many people do these days.
  • Options
    DygzDygz Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Depraved wrote: »
    i dont think devs read the forums. community managers, mods do though. then they may pass feedback to steven or the devs.

but yeah they rarely reply...its mostly just vaknar and mostly when things get too out of control.
    Vaknar also posts in threads that he likes and asks for more details.
    But, Vaknar is a Community Manager, so he is unlikely to provide a Designer answer.
    Steven is way more likely to answer a question in Discord than he is in the Forums.
    But, I think he also doesn't interact in Discord as much as he used to.
  • Options
    Arya_YesheArya_Yeshe Member
    edited November 2022
    I got an idea, the best for the community and for the devs:
    • players talk among themselves and form their opinions in many threads
    • when Vaknar pins a thread about something we go there and deliver our opinions after we discussed a lot among ourselves

This would make their life easier and we wouldn't be spreading ideas all around the forum which would make very hard tracking everything.

Mayte that's the best for everybody.
    PvE means: A handful of coins and a bag of boredom.
  • Options
    Arya_Yeshe wrote: »
    • when Vaknar pins a thread about something we go there and deliver our opinions after we discussed a lot among ourselves

This would make their life easier and we wouldn't be spreading ideas all around the forum which would make very hard tracking everything.

so... do what we've been doing for the past 4 years? Ok. Good idea! ;)

AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • Options
    See?
    That's how awesome I am
  • Options
    bloodprophetbloodprophet Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Good idea.
    But far to many still choose to sally forth and start 10 threads about the same thing.
    Happens after most live streams. Sometimes just because it's Tuesday.
    Most people never listen. They are just waiting on you to quit making noise so they can.
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    @bloodprophet I forgot to tell you, in case you were replying to me all along, I muted you a long time ago mmmkey

Because you don't make constructive posts, you just keep poking people in an annoying way

amzc6vppowjz.png
  • Options
    Why would you think someone can't keep up with what's here? I come in every few days, read the first page's worth of posts, skimming for things that look interesting or informative. Sometimes I go to the second page and read a bit more.

Do I dig into the bickering on something like the DPS meter thread? Hell no.

An hour or two every few days gets me a feel on 90% of what is being discussed, including a good read on some of the more interesting threads. If it's someone's job, I'm sure they can at least skim it all. And I don't doubt that some devs/designers do read up on topics that relate to what they are working on.

Devs should not post in response to player questions. That thread will just get swarmed and be out of hand quickly. That's a waste of everyone's time.

Obviously, they read the [Feedback Requested] threads the most.
  • Options
    summoning @Vaknar and @MargaretKrohn for no reason :D

pls dont ban me T_T
  • Options
    @bloodprophet I forgot to tell you, in case you were replying to me all along, I muted you a long time ago mmmkey

Because you don't make constructive posts, you just keep poking people in an annoying way

amzc6vppowjz.png

What is the point of the image?
  • Options
    They absolutely *do* read the forums.

Steven - directly - occasionally makes the brief comment about forums-threads, in the update and AMA videos. Yours truly *thinks* he knows what the creative director's "incognito" forums-handle is, but am not about to poke at him.

In addition, @Vaknar is essentially our "forums liason". If you read enough of his posts/replies, he occasionally drops something that's news to even the longest followers of this project, and will ask/answer from the devs on certain topics!

• Options
    Noaani wrote: »

amzc6vppowjz.png

I posted the image because I am a nice person, I heard the dude was talking to me but he is muted.
    So he can save his breath, that's how nice I am
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    Spif wrote: »
    Why would you think someone can't keep up with what's here? I come in every few days, read the first page's worth of posts, skimming for things that look interesting or informative. Sometimes I go to the second page and read a bit more.

Do I dig into the bickering on something like the DPS meter thread? Hell no.

An hour or two every few days gets me a feel on 90% of what is being discussed, including a good read on some of the more interesting threads. If it's someone's job, I'm sure they can at least skim it all. And I don't doubt that some devs/designers do read up on topics that relate to what they are working on.

Devs should not post in response to player questions. That thread will just get swarmed and be out of hand quickly. That's a waste of everyone's time.

Obviously, they read the [Feedback Requested] threads the most.

I already answered here if you didn't read the thread, I already figured out good wasys of using the forum;

That's the good way, discussing the little details around many threads and then just posting in the pinned threads after we gave a good thought about it

I am the OP and I don't have the power to lock my own thread, I would lock my own thread if I could because I already figured out
  • Options
    Noaani wrote: »

amzc6vppowjz.png

I posted the image because I am a nice person, I heard the dude was talking to me but he is muted.
    So he can save his breath, that's how nice I am

That was the point of the post - the image does nothing to that end.
  • Options
    VaknarVaknar Moderator, Member, Staff
    edited November 2022
    Hello!

I'm not going to lie, seeing this thread makes me a bit sad 😢

I assure you that we DO absolutely read these forums. ☺ That's one of my primary objectives here. I'm on our forums every single day. When I'm not replying to most threads, it's usually because I'm deep into one of the bigger threads and assembling a report for the design, art, engineering, etc. teams! 🧐

I read most comments and threads. I'm not always able to respond to everyone that tags me. Sometimes I am admittedly more available on Discord in this way! Though, I'm always lurking around here 😈

Either way, the point is that I can assure you that we do absolutely read and value the forums :)
    community_management.gif
  • Options
    VaknarVaknar Moderator, Member, Staff
    They absolutely *do* read the forums.

Steven - directly - occasionally makes the brief comment about forums-threads, in the update and AMA videos. Yours truly *thinks* he knows what the creative director's "incognito" forums-handle is, but am not about to poke at him.

In addition, @Vaknar is essentially our "forums liason". If you read enough of his posts/replies, he occasionally drops something that's news to even the longest followers of this project, and will ask/answer from the devs on certain topics!

:heart:
    community_management.gif
  • Options
    Thats very nice, thanks for the reply.

It's not a mystery now and we don't have to suppose anything
  • Options
    edited November 2022
    Vaknar wrote: »
    Hello!

I'm not going to lie, seeing this thread makes me a bit sad 😢

I assure you that we DO absolutely read these forums. ☺ That's one of my primary objectives here. I'm on our forums every single day. When I'm not replying to most threads, it's usually because I'm deep into one of the bigger threads and assembling a report for the design, art, engineering, etc. teams! 🧐

I read most comments and threads. I'm not always able to respond to everyone that tags me. Sometimes I am admittedly more available on Discord in this way! Though, I'm always lurking around here 😈

Either way, the point is that I can assure you that we do absolutely read and value the forums :)

We all love and appreciate you :heart:
    m6jque7ofxxf.gif
  • Options
    Forum rule #2: Do not make the @Vaknar cry.
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png
  • Options
    @CROW3 what if there's an achievement for it? and a reward of course
  • Options
    Some boxes are ok left unchecked.
    AoC+Dwarf+750v3.png