Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Community Office Hours in Discord - Thursday, November 17 at 4 PM PST

RoshenRoshen Moderator, Member, Staff
edited December 2022 in Announcements
Join @Roshen and @Vaknar over in the Ashes of Creation Discord for a voice chat during our next Community Office Hours on Thursday, November 17, 2022 at 4:00PM PST (Convert to your local time). This event should last about one hour.

Community Office Hours is a pilot program where you get to join members of the Community Team over voice chat to discuss a variety of topics.

For this session, we will be using Discord Stage. Every 8 minutes, we’ll be bringing up small groups of players.

DISCUSSION TOPIC

On Thursday, Nov 17 at 4PM PST, our main discussion topic is regarding our gathering system, seen during the most recent Development Update Livestream. You can find the forum thread on this topic here.

In this session, we’ll break each of the 8 minute segments up to focus on one of these conversations:
  • More gatherables in the environment - What do you like, and what don’t you like about the broadening of resources available out in the wild?
  • Surveying and gathering - How do you feel about the interaction between the surveying and gathering system?
  • Gathering with multiple people - What is your gathering profession fantasy for participating in gathering with multiple players?
  • Land management - How would you like to see the land management and gathering systems interact with other game systems?
  • Visual fidelity - How do you feel about the visual fidelity of things like trees, rocks, and other things that can be gathered, and the physics around these things?

If you’d like to contribute to this discussion, we recommend you watch the thirty-minute video “Ashes of Creation Alpha Two Gathering Updates” before this Community Office Hours session.

Thanks again! We look forward to chatting with you all soon!
community_management.gif

Comments

• VaknarVaknar Moderator, Member, Staff
    😎
    community_management.gif
  • MMOAddictMMOAddict Member
    edited November 2022
    More gatherables in the environment - What do you like, and what don’t you like about the broadening of resources available out in the wild?
    - i love it, gathering and crafting is always very important to me, i realy enjoy making lots of gold in games with crafting and gathering so to me these systems are essential in a game. I'm very excited about the way you are setting it up

Surveying and gathering/b] - How do you feel about the interaction between the surveying and gathering system?
    - havent seen enough about it to form an opinion

Gathering with multiple people - What is your gathering profession fantasy for participating in gathering with multiple players?

fantasy?well:
    - for you to set up a system in certain factions like a guild that support cooperation in crafting profesions
    for example: if i am not a smelter and i need my gathered iron ore turned into iron ingots i should be able to deposit them in this system with a job order to smelt them. Any member of the faction with the propper skills can complete this job order and earn a fee for it. The player creating the job has to provide the req mats and a propper fee that increases with how difficult it is to craft the requested item, and any guild member can complete it for him. This will keep people from beeing scammed and is way more convenient then endlessly spamming in chats

- open world dungeons should be prime gathering locations

- increased amount of gatherables per recourse node if gathering with a group

Land management - How would you like to see the land management and gathering systems interact with other game systems?
    - harvesting or hunting should not infuence how lush the land is, buffs or debuffs could be applied to spawn rates/drop rates etc. based on how many people do certain quests in the node. The land management system you talked about seems unsustainable. Everyone will just pillage the land for short term gain!

Visual fidelity - How do you feel about the visual fidelity of things like trees, rocks, and other things that can be gathered, and the physics around these things?
    - absolutely mindblowing, never seen better of even simular, turning something as simple as harvesting a tree into someting truly spectacular.
    the beginning of wisdom is to know you know nothing
  • poisonzpoisonz Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    More gatherables in the environment - What do you like, and what don’t you like about the broadening of resources available out in the wild?
    -MORE GATHERING!!!!

Surveying and gathering - How do you feel about the interaction between the surveying and gathering system?
    -it would make me feel good??... yes

Gathering with multiple people - What is your gathering profession fantasy for participating in gathering with multiple players?
    -laying back on my chair, drinking some drinks, and just mindless farm having that casual MMO gathering chitchat

Land management - How would you like to see the land management and gathering systems interact with other game systems?
    like lava falling onto water, cause 'n effect

Visual fidelity - How do you feel about the visual fidelity of things like trees, rocks, and other things that can be gathered, and the physics around these things?
    I feel all sorts of good

yours truly,
    Poipoi
    AhuZFn7.gif
  • VaknarVaknar Moderator, Member, Staff
    MMOAddict wrote: »
    - i love it, gathering and crafting is always very important to me, i realy enjoy making lots of gold in games with crafting and gathering so to me these systems are essential in a game. I'm very excited about the way you are setting it up

Surveying and gathering/b] - How do you feel about the interaction between the surveying and gathering system?
    - havent seen enough about it to form an opinion

fantasy?well:
    - for you to set up a system in certain factions like a guild that support cooperation in crafting profesions
    for example: if i am not a smelter and i need my gathered iron ore turned into iron ingots i should be able to deposit them in this system with a job order to smelt them. Any member of the faction with the propper skills can complete this job order and earn a fee for it. The player creating the job has to provide the req mats and a propper fee that increases with how difficult it is to craft the requested item, and any guild member can complete it for him. This will keep people from beeing scammed and is way more convenient then endlessly spamming in chats

- open world dungeons should be prime gathering locations

- increased amount of gatherables per recourse node if gathering with a group

- harvesting or hunting should not infuence how lush the land is, buffs or debuffs could be applied to spawn rates/drop rates etc. based on how many people do certain quests in the node. The land management system you talked about seems unsustainable. Everyone will just pillage the land for short term gain!

- absolutely mindblowing, never seen better of even simular, turning something as simple as harvesting a tree into someting truly spectacular.

poisonz wrote: »
    -MORE GATHERING!!!!

Surveying and gathering - How do you feel about the interaction between the surveying and gathering system?
    -it would make me feel good??... yes

-laying back on my chair, drinking some drinks, and just mindless farm having that casual MMO gathering chitchat

like lava falling onto water, cause 'n effect

I feel all sorts of good

yours truly,
    Poipoi

Thank you both for the feedback! We hope to see you in the Office Hours session :)

As a reminder, we've been using this thread here to collect feedback on this topic! You might find more feedback to engage with over in that thread than you will on this one! ^_^
    community_management.gif
  • Definitely want to mention the hybrid low level and high level materials again. Like, I think it would be really fun to have a few low tier metals, and each one be used for different stats as a hybrid alloy for end game tier items. Like, 10 end game ore and 30 iron ore for the strength version, or 30 tin for the healing version.
  • YouOweMeCookiYouOweMeCooki Member
    edited November 2022
    People only believe in the beautiful view behind the tunnel, if they walk into the light at the end of the tunnel to see it for themselves.