Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Winter’s Nevermore

VaknarVaknar Moderator, Member, Staff
edited January 2023 in Announcements
1920_-_Voyager_Plus_-_Background.jpg

“The Tale of Winter’s Nevermore” is a popular tavern song of Snowstead, a picturesque village nestled in the frozen Northlands. The ballad relates to the legend of the white dragon Frijah, known by many as the Iceheart Dragon and reserved for the coldest of winter nights. She slumbers in her lair atop the highest of the snowy crags of the mountains surrounding the village. Many brave adventurers have set out to scale the towering peak, hoping to do battle with the wicked wyrm. The legend of Winter’s Nevermore claims that if the Iceheart Dragon is defeated it will lift a great curse and bring about an end to all winters, extending the growing season, providing Snowstead with a bountiful, and abundant harvest forevermore.

The Winter’s Nevermore cosmetic add-ons will be available in the Ashes of Creation shop from December 14, 2022 at 11:00 a.m. Pacific until January 11, 2023 at 11:00 a.m. Pacific. Don’t forget that Wardens in the Wild addons will be removed on December 14, 2022 at 11:00 a.m. Pacific when the new cosmetics swap over.

For more information, check out our news post: https://ashesofcreation.com/news/2022-12-13-winters-nevermore
community_management.gif

Comments

• LOVE this batch. Definitely snagging that mount.
    GJjUGHx.gif
  • lol the day after I got the warden set. mayyybe If I can see it in game I will look at the items
  • AruganArugan Member, Alpha One
    Grabbing all of them!!!! I love Norse/Winter/Viking/Dwarf anything haha. This gives me some Viking vibes love it.
  • ChicagoChicago Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Glove looks dope, how will it work? It will just override one glove or?
  • Am a tad concerned that the Stronghold cover might look out-of-place in locales such as Nodes in the desert biomes.

• Arthus DawnbreakerArthus Dawnbreaker Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited December 2022
    the pack looks great! especially love the ship and mount. Im also concerned about breaking emersion if someone has a ice stronghold skin and they place it on a greenland area or desert biome it will look out of place. Will there be restrictions to what types of skins for strongholds you can use in certain biomes?

or will the weather system effect the stronghold no matter what. for example (if you've placed your home in the greenland biomes where with the ice stronghold will the ice melt off the stronghold and just should the metal of the tower? or will the tower always be made of ice and snow?)

I also hope we get to hear the song of snowstead and get to play it as a bard in a tavern. That would be amazing!

• ZekethephoenixZekethephoenix Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Finally a name to the dragon of endless winter that was hinted at as a world event all the way back when Ashes was still young!
  • @Tyranthraxus @Arthus Dawnbreaker I figure since there is lots of magic around verra it would just be like seeing a wizards tower in the middle of somewhere random. Like some cooky old wizard who sets up his ice tower in a desert and he sells snow cones to overheated travelers lol.
  • @Vaknar @MargaretKrohn
    -Is the freehold skin able to go onto the main house or only specific other buildings? Or do we still have no idea yet?

-Will this mount skin be able to go on mules as well?

-I assume the ship skin is for the largest ship the Galleon, is that correct?
  • Where's all the lore love?? I wanna bring on a bumper crop!
  • ChicagoChicago Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    i think its time for an armor set with big beefy shoulders! pleaseee
  • Picked this set up. Very nice for winter season.