Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Should Ashes of Creation target PS5 and Xbox Series X.

2»

Comments

• Options
    DrPlague wrote: »
    No, PC only. If you're a console player then buy a PC.

People do not buy a PC to play one game.
  • Options
    SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited January 2023
    Yeah I know. I hope its sooner rather than later because 4k HDR on a ps5 is much cheaper than 4k HDR on a pc.

However,

Using the crossbar and skill buttons means static fighting. I'm pleased I'm apart of the pc master race.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    I find it weird that people would even want this game released on mobile or console. There isn't a question those platforms require the developers to evaluate their design to fit within the limitations of a console and mobile device. If IS just wanted to maximize the total audience available for their game sure, but that merely increases the total number of people who CAN play the game not will.

When you create a multiplatform MMO that evaluation to fit the hardware of consoles or mobiles plays a role in deciding how the game is built and AOC has not been building their game to reflect those limitations whatsoever. To start now would drastically change their current timelines and I would be astonished and definitely saddened to hear any announcement regarding intended cross platform designs.
  • Options
    Cat QuiverCat Quiver Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Nah
  • Options
    No. Any time spent developing cross platform could be spent on adding content and features that actually benefit the game. Making Ashes for mobile/consoles would ruin the game performance wise. Everything would have to be dumbed down to run on those systems including graphics and scale. Good luck participating in a 200v200 castle siege on phone or console
  • Options
    AzheraeAzherae Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Voeltz wrote: »
    No. Any time spent developing cross platform could be spent on adding content and features that actually benefit the game. Making Ashes for mobile/consoles would ruin the game performance wise. Everything would have to be dumbed down to run on those systems including graphics and scale. Good luck participating in a 200v200 castle siege on phone or console

Wait, are we not expecting Ashes to run on my 2060?

I gotta get a new laptop for this game now?
    Sorry, my native language is Erlang.

• Options
    @Azherae Please you know a 2060 will be fine and consoles aren't comparable to a 2060
  • Options
    Voxtrium wrote: »
    @Azherae Please you know a 2060 will be fine and consoles aren't comparable to a 2060

Oh? Please educate me. I made a lot of explicit choices based on the fact that PS5s are similar to 2060s, but I could just have been misled by popular media.

What is the performance difference between the two?

Elite runs better for me on PS5 than on my laptop, I was actually rather disappointed at this.

• Options
    Azherae wrote: »
    Wait, are we not expecting Ashes to run on my 2060?

I gotta get a new laptop for this game now?
    It better fucking run on my 1080! I ain't got $5k to get a PC in time for Ashes!!
  • Options
    5700 XT is the ps5 graphics card equivalent. About 10 to 20% more performance than 2060.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options

Oh? Please educate me. I made a lot of explicit choices based on the fact that PS5s are similar to 2060s, but I could just have been misled by popular media.

Elite runs better for me on PS5 than on my laptop, I was actually rather disappointed at this.

It is only compared because people run test on the same games on the pc vs console and think its the same thing but a game run on console is literally running on different code than the pc versions. They render everything different, polygon counts are lower, LOD and draw distances are lower literally every standard metric for graphics is lowered and changed to fit a console, so the same games run, just not in the same way. Not to mention PCs have practical use for literally every aspect of life nowadays vs consoles having a few uses outside of gaming.
  • Options
    Also, a 2060 in a laptop is less powerful than a 2060 in a pc. So, the consoles also have more power than a laptop version.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options

It is only compared because people run test on the same games on the pc vs console and think its the same thing but a game run on console is literally running on different code than the pc versions. They render everything different, polygon counts are lower, LOD and draw distances are lower literally every standard metric for graphics is lowered and changed to fit a console, so the same games run, just not in the same way. Not to mention PCs have practical use for literally every aspect of life nowadays vs consoles having a few uses outside of gaming.

It's weird, I can't tell if you're trolling me. Sometimes you're nice enough on these forums and sometimes you're not.

So for now, I'm just gonna disengage and ignore this. Sorry to ask for clarification and then just ignore it.

• Options
    VoxtriumVoxtrium Member
    edited January 2023
    ahh idk why i get so worked up about it, i just hate console is better than pc or vica versa arguments, and basing a build off the console seems counterintuitive so i got worked up and thus im sorry for how i came across
  • Options
    VaknarVaknar Moderator, Member, Staff
    We would love to feature console support! This is something that we'll evaluate further down the line. For right now, we're focusing on Windows PC :)

Here are a couple instances of Steven talking about it:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtG9mB2bREI&t=2310s
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HB7gWTpeB08&t=2925s

You can read more about this here, on the wiki! https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Console_support
    community_management.gif
  • Options
    Vaknar wrote: »
    We would love to feature console support! This is something that we'll evaluate further down the line. For right now, we're focusing on Windows PC :)

Here are a couple instances of Steven talking about it:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JtG9mB2bREI&t=2310s
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HB7gWTpeB08&t=2925s

You can read more about this here, on the wiki! https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Console_support

Well, if that ever happens, will probably be happy to see it and happy to test it.

Glad to hear it won't be a priority for now though. Honestly I'd be happier to hear that the Native Linux version was being worked on, than the PS5 version.

Windows causes me anguish.

• Options
    I do think it's becoming easier to merge PC/Console games just because of the way technology has been going. My biggest concern would be ensuring gameplay is fun (or even possible) on a controller and how that would impact the way in which they balance gameplay. I would certainly NOT be okay with compromising any PC gameplay to be "fair" to console players. A lot of new MMOs are cross platform (console, or mobile) not because those platforms are capable of playing a full-fledged true MMO, but because the gameplay bar is intentionally lowered to support multiple platforms simply to reach a larger audience and bring in more revenue.
    f51pcwlbgn8a.png
  • Options
    IzilIzil Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Crossplay would be epic, but Sony creates a lot of issues with licensing in regards to every damn update AoC will have which is gonna take longer between updates and a lot of paperwork i can imagine. Microsoft is much better to deal with though
    Izil.png