Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Beta Testing

I've casually poked around the site looking for any information about signing up for a beta. Is this only accessible through the games' kickstarter? The Founder tier looked like it provides access to alpha phase 2 - I think that's where the game is at now?

Comments

• Song_WardenSong_Warden Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    edited May 2023
    Go to ashes of creation shop

https://ashesofcreation.com/shop

Also, a2 is next but not for months yet. If u want a2 package, wait for one you like.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • SabraSabra Member
    edited May 2023
    Oh ok I should have read further on the shop packs, I did not realize they also provide you access to the game. All the packs on the store are pre-order. Is there anything that can get someone playing the game today? I guess I should ask, what phase is the playable game in right now, alpha phase 1?
    There are no tests right now. Not even spot tests. A1 was a few months ago, a2 is in a few months time. Best bet is to watch the monthly livestreams (last Friday each month) and you'll be as apprised as us.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • SabraSabra Member
    Awesome, thank you so much. I know all that information is out there but it is a lot to wade through, thank you :)
    No worries :)
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • TalentsTalents Member, Intrepid Pack
    Neurath wrote: »
    There are no tests right now. Not even spot tests. A1 was a few months ago, a2 is in a few months time. Best bet is to watch the monthly livestreams (last Friday each month) and you'll be as apprised as us.

Alpha 1 was almost 2 years ago. It ended on August 15th 2021. There are no dates for Alpha 2. Steven said in the March livestream that "Alpha 2 is not right around the corner but is not years away". He said the plan is to begin internal testing (meaning internal at Intrepid) around the end of this year/early next year and then gradually invite testers in, most likely beginning with Phoenix Initiative members.
    nI17Ea4.png
    edited May 2023
    Yeah I know. A1 was Ue4 too :)

I can't find my request for ue5 upgrade thread prior to ue5 upgrade so I'm not sure if its been scrubbed or when exactly I made the request before the dev announcement. Thus, a1 might not have been ue4 but my memory thinks it was.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • ChicagoChicago Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Probably a solid 5 years away from beta testing mate
    Chicago wrote: »

I think it will be fast once a2 is dusted. Much of the game will be nailed down by the end of a2.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Mag7spyMag7spy Member

I think it will be fast once a2 is dusted. Much of the game will be nailed down by the end of a2.

He is just being a doom poster.
  • You can purchase a Beta key. However you will have to wait until the beta testing phase which will come after alpha 2... which has not been launched yet for testing.

Idk mate we are pushing 3 years since A1 by the time A2 launches, A2 will probably be atleast 18 months long then a 6 month break between betas
  • tautautautau Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I think that it was stated that betas will be brief and will follow hard on the heels of A2. Does anyone else remember this or is it just my wishful thinking?
  • HinotoriHinotori Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    tautau wrote: »
    I think that it was stated that betas will be brief and will follow hard on the heels of A2. Does anyone else remember this or is it just my wishful thinking?

They're definitely meant to be brief but we've never known the timeline of how quickly they'll occur after A2. 7uni45usbszf.jpg
    lsb9nxihx5vc.png
  • I'm looking forward to seeing just how many of the Intrepid Staff I can re-create in the Character Creator :D
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • HinotoriHinotori Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    daveywavey wrote: »
    I'm looking forward to seeing just how many of the Intrepid Staff I can re-create in the Character Creator :D

See if you can make a tulnar snorse Maggie fwn2t42trw8d.png

y41h6vjemonu.jpg
    lsb9nxihx5vc.png
    edited May 2023

Idk mate we are pushing 3 years since A1 by the time A2 launches, A2 will probably be atleast 18 months long then a 6 month break between betas

Hopefully the a2 duration is a year or more. I remember the devs saying it would be a year. I want an rtx 5090 or 5090 ti laptop to play ashes on it they won't release until around q1 2025.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • VaknarVaknar Moderator, Member, Staff
    Plenty of helpful answers here! Thanks for the friendly and helpful advice to those who gave it! ^_^
    community_management.gif

Hopefully the a2 duration is a year or more. I remember the devs saying it would be a year. I want an rtx 5090 or 5090 ti laptop to play ashes on it they won't release until around q1 2025.

a year is to long man, we are probably a year off A2 atleast, then a year of testing, then a year of waiting for betas, then 6 months each beta, game will never release
    I'm not sure where you get your figures from. Steven said the betas will be short. No point in having long betas with minimal testing. It's all about testing to get the game launched.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • NiKrNiKr Member
    a year is to long man, we are probably a year off A2 atleast, then a year of testing, then a year of waiting for betas, then 6 months each beta, game will never release
    I mean, you literally just explained when it'll release. And I kinda agree with those numbers. Maybe instead of year of A2 and a year of 2 betas, I think it'll be 2 years of A2 and ~a year - 1.5 till release after that.
    edited May 2023
    Alpha-2 will last until launch and will run in parallel with Beta-1 and Beta-2.

Thus, there should be only 2 or 3 years until launch.
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • pyrealpyreal Member, Warrior of Old

Don't forget COVID happened, that set everything back a bit.
  • KingDDDKingDDD Member

It'll probably be around a year. With the pre order packs being 250 and all, they need to start collecting subscription money around the 1 year mark to start paying for the additional 50 + employees they'll need for the live product.