Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

What Race/Class Combo will you be using?

Me personally i will be going Kaelar/Spellmancer (Summoner+Mage) because summoner is said to be able to shift their roles or a Dunir/Paladin (Tank+Cleric) so i could heal myself relieving pressure off our healer what about you guys?
Referral Code : 8GTVW547SYDTHE6Nashesofcreation.com/r/8GTVW547SYDTHE6N

Comments

• Options
    SongcallerSongcaller Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Vaelune Enchanter (Summoner/Bard).
    2a3b8ichz0pd.gif
  • Options
    AzheraeAzherae Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    I was going to be an Empyrean Shadow Disciple (probably only that, I don't often have alts if the game's options for making storyline are deep).

Now I'm moreso 'waiting to see what class design philosophy Intrepid actually uses' since I've gotten over my arrogant 'well of course they're gonna do it this way'.

I'm still really hoping for Empyrean Shadow Disciple though. Or more accurately, I'm hoping for 'WHM/NIN', 'Dual Blades-Healing', Sevarog, Seris/Corvus, etc, and hoping that Shadow Disciple is some combination of those.

I don't know what else I'd play since I consider the playstyle fairly specific, so if it doesn't work out I'll hope they surprise me, in the good way.
    Sorry, my native language is Erlang.

• Options
    NiKrNiKr Member
    Dunir Tank B)
  • Options
    MarcetMarcet Member
    Brood Warden Vek
  • Options
    Probably Kaelar Dreadnought
    6wtxguK.jpg
    Aren't we all sinners?
  • Options
    SolvrynSolvryn Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Tulnar Wild Blade
  • Options
    TacquitoTacquito Member
    edited June 2023
    Kaelar Shadow Disciple.

Super hyped to see details on how the rogue secondary will augment the Cleric.

I generally focus on a single character, but I might alt a Kaelar Songcaller in the early days to see if the bard gameplay is compelling. Maybe I can sort that out during A2 so I can focus solely on my Shadow Disciple at launch.
  • Options
    Ren'Kai, Argent (Tank + Bard)

I like the idea of being able to buff allies in addition to just soaking damage, and I think Bard may be the most underplayed class (at least amongst my friends), so it will be nice to have the variety.
    f51pcwlbgn8a.png
  • Options
    Tulnar Scout
  • Options
    KilionKilion Member
    Kaelar Bladedancer
    Niküa Shaman
    Empyean Scout
    The answer is probably >>> HERE <<<
  • Options
    SunScriptSunScript Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    No proper Monk in this game so Cultist (Rogue/Cleric). I expect it to work a bit like the Dancer in FFXI, but more damage oriented. Dual wielding weapons, vampiric healing off my melee hits, evasive abilities, heals for my party or maybe share my vampiric heals, and damage reliant on carefully timed combos.
    Bow before the Emperor and your lives shall be spared. Refuse to bow and your lives shall be speared.
  • Options
    Dunir- Templar
    Vek- Predator
  • Options
    Vaelune most likely, and either fighter/mage or mage/fighter.

I have plenty of time to test it out since I've got A2 access.
  • Options
    CawwCaww Member
    Wood elf/ Ranger-Ranger (did I just stutter?)
  • Options
    Vek Duelist (Rogue+Fighter)
  • Options
    VaknarVaknar Moderator, Member, Staff
    Some fun looking combos here 👀📝
    community_management.gif
  • Options
    I'm trying not to approach characters with a preformed idea of what I would like to see, but rather judging what I would like to try on what we actually see. I like playing all different kinda roles at different times as I like to change things up. (I love the fact that races/archetypes aren't locked in the way we see in many other MMO's) From what we have seen so far, this is how they rank for me in terms of "I wanna play that".

Ranger
    Mage
    Fighter
    Cleric
    Tank

Hopefully, the list will continually shift and change as more is revealed. (Really hope Tanks get some serious love and some cool, unique abilities that stand next to other archetypes.) The holy grail is for all Archetypes to be as equally as cool. I say cool a lot. lol
  • Options
    -T0Mb--T0Mb- Member
    Dünir Shadowblade (Fighter + Rogue) B)
  • Options
    I made this class poll a while ago, figured I'd make a new copy and repost to get a fresh set of stats.

(hopefully this embedded google form works, if not link below)
    <iframe src="https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe1ox0PGzwcEWgsI0KvYNgVkoj-KOpDMg4f4p8zxxGRev2TRw/viewform?embedded=true&quot; width="640" height="884" frameborder="0" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0">Loading…</iframe>

https://forms.gle/pqSuZRhNdvJpiMxb6
    f51pcwlbgn8a.png
  • Options
    The races haven't really drawn my attention much, so I'll have to see what friends and wife are eyeing.

That being said, I'm super interested in the Summoner class (and aside from the question), the Scribe craft. They both seem to be the most confusing in terms of thinking about what they do mechanically, and what role they will serve in a party/economy.
  • Options
    Py'rai falconer (or bowsinger/scout depending on how the secondary archetypes play out!)!

My plan is making seasonal py'rais c: (because of my love for eladrins)

My ranger will be spring, my tank will be summer, my bard will be autumn and my summoner will be winter!
    lizhctbms6kg.png
  • Options
    90% cleric
    5% bard
    2.5% rogue
    2.5% summoner

after playing them in alpha 2 ofc ;3

secondary doesn't matter, I guess ill change depending on the augments and situation
  • Options
    HinotoriHinotori Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Angel Archwizard
    Ice elemental Falconer
    lsb9nxihx5vc.png
  • Options
    Kaelar Minstrel (Bard+Bard)
  • Options
    I will be playing a Vaelune Bard most likely siren(bard/tank) as a main. I have plans to make a Py'rai Cleric named KiKi Lemons.
  • Options
    For A2 I'll be making a handful of avatars, and hopefully save them for when I eventually dip into alts.

I will most certainly be playing a Vaelune spellcaster of some sort, like a mage or a cleric. Once summoner comes out, I'll be doing everything in my power to make summoner my main.
  • Options
    I don't know yet. I want to be a nature-based healer of some sort. Last I checked, there wasn't really anything suitable.

At the moment I'm leaning towards Py'rai as they at least seem to be based in nature as a race.

For class I guess Cleric, but I really hate the whole "holy" thing. It looks like the only other option is Bard, but they're non-healing support. I don't want to be a buff bot, so I guess I'll have to wait and see how they turn out.
  • Options
    Either a Py'Rai summoner or Tulnar tank.

Depends on what the summoner can do. If I don't enjoy it's play mechanics, chonky tanks are my go to.
  • Options
    Dünir Fighter/Bard= Bladedancer or Fighter/ranger= Hunter. Owning a Travern or being Blacksmith
    SWG Wookie Isshraccor---WOW-Drawf Glagnar---Ages of Conan Glagnar--Pirates of the Burning Sea---Rift---Star Wars: The Old Republic---Vanguard: Saga of Heroes
  • Options
    Empyrean Highsword Fighter/Cleric
    Processing some Faith at my Freehold on the Altar of the Venerated
    Haven't had a decent in-game religion since Final Fantasy X
    い え ゆ い、の ぼ め の...