Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

What Race/Class Combo will you be using?

2»

Comments

• Options
    MojaveMojave Member
    I'm gonna be playing as a Vek Necromancer as I have always enjoyed games where you can raise legions of undead and to be terrifying to people around you.
  • Options
    rocsekrocsek Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    If I end up joining a guild, which is the most likely outcome, I'll roll a Kaelar Guardian or High Priest. If I end up solo or my normal duo, Cleric of some sort for sure.
    Kaos & Lace Cartel
    "Come join us as you wont like the taste of the Grapefruits we're throwing at our enemies."

"Never settle for what you think you know" - C. Krauthammer
  • Options
    Main - Beast tulnar shadowmancer
    Alt - veck shaman/ vaelune spellsword
  • Options
    iccericcer Member
    No idea. I've yet to see them showcase how augments will work, and how combining secondary archetypes with the primary will work.

Not to mention we haven't even seen how classes actually play, besides a few abilities for a few classes.

The most expansive overview of a class was the Mage showcase.

I'm interested in a few combinations though.

(Empyrean) Fighter + Mage = because I usually find normal warriors boring, but I do enjoy melee classes (that aren't assassins). Combining elements with melee attacks could work out nicely, a spin-to-win ability with an augment from mage could turn it into some sort of a vortex, based on the element chosen, that would maybe shock, burn, or freeze the enemies or something. Really, the possibilities are endless, but I'm just afraid I might be heavily disappointed.
    If they do it properly, then I could see myself playing that.

Also a (Vaelune) Fighter + Cleric = as I really like playing Paladins, again they're not just default warriors, but they have unique spell effects and unique theme/visuals.

Also if I go the tanking route, I'd probably pick a (Dünir) Tank + Cleric or an (Empyrean) Tank + Mage.

Definitely also interested to see how the summoner will work. Usually I don't care about having minions and stuff, but I do like the dark magic kind of vibe. Also would combine it with Fighter or Tank, maybe even with the mage.

Again, it all heavily depends on how they design the class system. In theory it's amazing, and I'm excited for it, but I'm still waiting to see how the execution of it will look like. It's the most important thing to me, and it's the main thing that has drawn me to the game. The Mage showcase has definitely restored my faith a bit, but again, we still need to see how the augments will transform abilities.
  • Options
    Some form of cleric. Race can't tell. They will have benefits, and I will choose what is best for the class/role I want to play.
  • Options
    HumblePuffinHumblePuffin Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Main - Beast tulnar shadowmancer
    Alt - veck shaman/ vaelune spellsword

Tulnar shadowmancer is what I’m hoping to play as well.

Been bouncing back and forth between that and the Shadowlord.

It’s was a slight relief to hear that summoner and tulnar won’t be present in A2 at the start so I will be more inclined to try other types of classes and races.
  • Options
    hapyhapy Member
    Human or elf scout. Not sure exactly what race, depends on how I feel during character creation :smile:
  • Options
    Rogue+tank human I've got to see how they make a rogue tank work it's just so strange.
  • Options
    RavicusRavicus Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I will be a necromancer. Not sure yet what to go along with it.
    5pc7z05ap5uc.png
  • Options
    PhlightPhlight Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    If Bard plays like Bards in Everquest Online Adventures, then I'll be play a Vek Tellsword(Bard/Fighter). However, if it doesn't then I am going to play either a Hunter or a Strider which ever is more like FFXI Ranger.
  • Options
    RavicusRavicus Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    edited July 2023
    I think I changed my mind. I think I will go with the Rogue/cleric (not sure of what the augmentation of cleric will be exactly), or a rogue/ranger, again not sure of what the augmentations will be. Being able to do treasure hunting and seeing hidden doors and traps might be handy in a dungeon group. Until I read up on the wiki I wanted to be a necromancer, but that can only be attainable after the combination of summoner and cleric. If the necromancer was in the class system and not a result of combination I would have loved to play it with another augmentation.
    5pc7z05ap5uc.png
  • Options
    I'm leaning towards a Dunir highsword (fighter/cheric), but I may have to go a different direction. This (and every other poll I've seen) makes it look like fighters will be everywhere and that would make it hard to find groups.
  • Options
    Individuated SoulIndividuated Soul Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Caww wrote: »
    Wood elf/ Ranger-Ranger (did I just stutter?)

This. Strategically bought cosmetics to reinforce the motif.