Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Paid $375 for alpha 2. 3years later hype is gone... Hello frustration and anger.

2»

Comments

• Options
    NikbisNikbis Member
    edited September 2023
    For what it's worth, my 2cts.
    I pledged money through fundraising 3 times, around 230€ each :

-Crowfall.
    They had it coming. They doubled down on it. Their vision was way too niche. Only coordinated guilds could act and such.
    You don't attract players by asking them to find a group first before entering the game. Casuals had no place in this frame. Stupid as hell, as most new players start a game without knowing much. And only then, when they rumble around long enough, they may find a fitting place.
    It all went went as expected.

-Star Citizen.
    It seems to be going in every direction every year. But the fact is, building a game with such scope can only take at least a decade, bare minimum.
    Unless Chris Robert spent all the money on personal matters (his millions house etc), we may see the solo game (Squadron 42) at some point. It would be a win in itself. Not the one expected, but still :|
    To me, Star Citizen will never come out, yet they did try their best to dev new MMO tech. These will be sold and will benefit the MMO genre.

-Ashes of Creation.
    Less segregatory toward newcomers than Crowfall, less expansive (money wise and world scale) than Star Citizen. I see the Alpha 2 in 6 to 8 months.
    If not, I'll forget about it and wait for the e-mail telling me I wasted my money, that they are sorry about everything and whatnot.

Anyway.
    To me, 3 years of waiting for an MMO is not much. You can get impatient and gnaw your desk all you want. Such game that you can enjoy can't come up in less than that. Or go check asian MMOs, they pull them by a tenth.

On a personal note, I'd like to order an orc WoW shaman, whom can pull expensive (mostly lightning) spells and occasional heavy melee, with little healing.
    They did it in Grim Dawn, don't mock me ok!? The market exist... I am that market... Hybrids and stuff...
    In advance, thanks Intrepid :p
  • Options
    Yall taking this AI post seriously?
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited September 2023
    Liniker wrote: »
    Noaani wrote: »
    But then we wouldn't have you here.

lol It's funny to hear from you, I was just reading this in another thread;

Noaani wrote: »
    Nibbler wrote: »
    Hi all
    what is the current state for dps meter in the game or still discussed?

Intrepid say no.

I say yes.

I will win.

ahahaha I've said this before, I recommend you turning off your PC and looking for psychiatric help my friend :D

Not sure what part you don't get about that.

Intrepid winning in that scenario requires them to detect something that they have no access to detect.
  • Options
    Mag7spy wrote: »

You know, AI or not, it raise a question on a different angle. So why not?
  • Options
    Nikbis wrote: »
    Mag7spy wrote: »

You know, AI or not, it raise a question on a different angle. So why not?

Raises questions on what angle, or are you blowing smoke up my ass?
  • Options
    VaknarVaknar Moderator, Member, Staff
    Please stay tuned to our socials for news and updates regarding Ashes of Creation :)

---

This thread has been answered, albeit with some unnecessary hostility. I'm going to close this out.

Let's remember to be well unto one another.
    community_management.gif
This discussion has been closed.