Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

[Suggestion] Cosmetic Wardrobe

TeylouneTeyloune Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
edited November 2023 in General Discussion
Hejo!

I'd love to see a wardrobe function for our cosmetic items like costumes, accessory skins, and all things transmog-related. It would make outfitting our characters super convenient.

Imagine a system where whole Costumes, individual Cosmetic skins that cover a specific slot or jewelry items (rings, necklaces), are neatly sorted into categories. You can easily search for what you need and use filters to quickly find the perfect look. No more digging through your inventory with hundreds of cosmetics - this system makes it quick, comfy, and effortless.

Check out this simple example from the game Allods Online:
wa96jw0ef5ju.png

Additionally, it would be nice to have the option to save certain cosmetic loadouts and name them.

Being able to search by set name, location found, method of acquisition, gear type, or item slot would be lovely!
What do you think?

Comments

• Options
    HinotoriHinotori Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    I love this idea!

d11d5zptie3a.png3ajsyzt8p56g.png
    lsb9nxihx5vc.png
  • Options
    Good idea!

I'd also point to the wardrobe system in Cyberpunk, which is also well sorted and allows for different outfits to be made, editted and saved.
    The answer is probably >>> HERE <<<
  • Options
    Teyloune wrote: »

As i don't know Allods Online, i have actually no Clue how well this works - despite the nice Screenshot.
    Is it comparable to the "Wardrobe-Function" or Transmog-Menu of for Example World of Warcraft ?

If Yes, that would be nice.

While i don't doubt Sir Steven and his mighty Crew will manage to do this, i am curious and am burning inside to see a Presentation of such a System anytime sooner or later.
    a50whcz343yn.png
  • Options
    TeylouneTeyloune Member, Phoenix Initiative, Royalty, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Aszkalon wrote: »
    Teyloune wrote: »

As i don't know Allods Online, i have actually no Clue how well this works - despite the nice Screenshot.
    Is it comparable to the "Wardrobe-Function" or Transmog-Menu of for Example World of Warcraft ?

If Yes, that would be nice.

While i don't doubt Sir Steven and his mighty Crew will manage to do this, i am curious and am burning inside to see a Presentation of such a System anytime sooner or later.

What I'm asking for is basically an improved version of that system, yes.
  • Options
    XuriXuri Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    While having a cosmetic system in a game that allows you to change how your gear/appearance looks you also sacrifice the notoriety that comes with certain gear pieces and feats of strength that the players around you have accomplished.

I can only hope that players have the option to turn other player's cosmetics off. Which in itself is also a double edged sword like the previous sentence.
  • Options
    SolvrynSolvryn Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Xuri wrote: »

I can only hope that players have the option to turn other player's cosmetics off. Which in itself is also a double edged sword like the previous sentence.

I hope Intrepid stick to their original plan and doesn't allow numerals for health and mana and obscures all of that data.

Simply put, my "feats of strength" belong to me and if I choose to show them off, I can do so. Otherwise, its not anyones business what my gear is.
  • Options
    100% they should absolutely have at least a basic modern wardrobe/transmog system; preferably with a bunch of slots that you can save your saved outfits to so you can swap between a few on the fly. It's just wonderful to have and it creates some extra gameplay objectives in collecting all of the various things and having a chance to actually use them rather than them collecting dust from inconvenience.

Rift and GW2 both did the system pretty well - the massive dye selections that they both had would be nice but, would take what we can get!

... Plus, they can monetize selling more than the basic amount of slots :p
  • Options
    LinikerLiniker Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    good post!
    img]
    Recrutamento aberto - Nosso Site: Clique aqui
  • Options
    edited November 2023
    I'm not really one for the dress up part of games but why not allow customisation of the dressing room/background as well. Could have a racial specific one, biome, religion, inn/tavern/freehold, guild hall etc

May as well go all out on it.
  • Options
    I'm not really one for the dress up part of games but why not allow customisation of the dressing room/background as well. Could have a racial specific one, biome, religion, inn/tavern/freehold, guild hall etc

May as well go all out on it.

A wardrobe for the wardrobe :smile:
  • Options
    VaknarVaknar Moderator, Member, Staff
    edited December 2023
    I already see a few - But are there current systems that you think do this well, that you'd like to tell us more about?

Perhaps you can identify what aspects of similar systems that exist in other games can improve upon?

Feel free to use screenshots or other visual examples to help your points :)
    community_management.gif