Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Next Livestream + Q&A Submission - Tuesday, December 19, 2023 at 11am Pacific

Comments

• Options
    Ace1234Ace1234 Member
    edited December 2023
    Regarding the espionage/subterfuge gameplay elements mentioned on the wiki, will there be an emphasis on counterplay such as using social deduction to uncover enemy spies?
  • Options
    How much control over summon/combat pet movement might players have? Jump, stand ground, follow target, move to location, etc.
  • Options
    Otr wrote: »
    What incentive players have to enter the deep ocean beside trading with the other continent?

Content that includes:
    - Deep-Sea Fishing
    - Underwater Points Of Interest
    - Underwater Dungeons

https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Naval
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    Can you guarantee and confirm that the PvP system (all locations are free for PvP flagging and PK and no one can disable it on character level) will not be changed closer to release, as has already happened in some other relatively recently released games.
  • Options
    LastCrystalLastCrystal Member
    edited December 2023
    Looking at how it has been over 2 years since Alpha-1 and you guys manage to keep upgrading into newer versions of Unreal Engine. Can we expect to get an update on the recommended system requirements before Alpha-2 comes out?
    8aigchvuce2n.jpeg
  • Options
    bosheanboshean Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Any new info on the animal Husbandry/ Taming profession? it would be greatly appreciated
  • Options
    VirizViriz Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    What forms of water transport will be available at the start of A2?
    37wk9is5dfcj.gif
  • Options
    VaknarVaknar Moderator, Member, Staff
    Hello again, glorious Ashes of Creation community! Thank you to everyone who stopped by and shared a question with us for this month’s stream. Q&A submissions are now closed, and we’ll see you at 11AM Pacific on Tuesday for our livestream!

twitch.tv/ashesofcreation
    community_management.gif
  • Options
    Can we get a few tidbits on how religion will spill over to other aspects of the game? For example, it was mentioned years ago that certain religions could produce special recipes...

Hey wait don't close it... wait... still typing!
  • Options
    When you purchase a caravan, will it and it's upgrades be one-time use or will you have it permanently? It would be interesting if it's one time or limited-use, offering the player a risk vs reward incentive of which caravan(s) and upgrades to use based on the danger, length, and value of the route they are planning, as opposed to always using the top tier that's available.
  • Options
    NyronkeNyronke Member
    edited December 2023
    How many animals will we be able to manage at the same time in Animals husbandry?
  • Options
    As good as the tree falling looked in the gathering stream last year, currently the tree cutting animation as well as the tree falling physics are lacking weight and are a little bit rubbery at the moment. Are there any plans to add more weight/acceleration to the tree falling physics for the start of Alpha 2?

i.e. Lego Fortnite tree physics :)
  • Options
    Any chance of a livestream focusing on AI in the future? I'd love to learn more about the way monsters and NPCs make decisions
  • Options
    As currently stands, crafting will have an option for the minigame to min max the results. That being said, do you plan minigames for processing professions that end on processing stage and never get into crafting (like animal husbendry or alchemy)?
  • Options
    How much of an impact has the switch to UE5 had on overall workflow and ability to create assets/world space, content and systems?
  • Options
    s1zzl1n wrote: »
    As good as the tree falling looked in the gathering stream last year, currently the tree cutting animation as well as the tree falling physics are lacking weight and are a little bit rubbery at the moment.

You didn't notice they were rubber trees?

The girl watched the last of the creatures die and murmured a soft 'Thank you' to her rescuer.

The stranger's eyes lifted to the blood red cloud on the horizon.

'We have to move. It's not safe here.'
  • Options
    Will there be a deep ocean fishing mini-game? If so could you tell us more about it?
    Also if there is anything prepared in relation to pirates ingame or any future plans
  • Options
    About classes, Steven spoke once about summoners, which other classes could we expect in the future? Any chances for us to have necromancers?
  • Options
    We understand that there are penalties for flagging other players, but are there any rewards for PK players? Is there any point in engaging in PvP, such as stealing other people's goods, if the risks outweigh the benefits?
  • Options
    We understand that the freehold is an end-game feature, but how is a freehold obtained? Is it through quests?
  • Options
    Obviously some classes will be easier and some will be harder, where on the difficulty spectrum lies Ranger in Ashes of Creation?
  • Options
    ClixianClixian Member
    edited December 2023
    In the event of a node being destroyed and a players freehold destroyed along with it, will the player lose all their items that are stored or kept at the freehold estate?
    giphy-downsized-large.gif?cid=b603632fth7cvyv0faxix4ealx3o7sdc4m4orupw9r3m4sne&ep=v1_gifs_gifId&rid=giphy-downsized-large.gif&ct=s
  • Options
    In terms of action combat type of abilities, will that be a common thing to expect with all classes? I am a big fan of engaging combat and seeing more action abilities would be nice, similar to the Ranger's jump attack seen months ago.
  • Options
    OlympusBurnsOlympusBurns Member
    edited December 2023
    Redacted
  • Options
    In organized PVP, how will we be able to tell the difference between friendly and enemy AoE spells? For example, how can I differentiate my teams blizzard or divine flare from the people we’re fighting?
  • Options
    NyehNoiceNyehNoice Member, Braver of Worlds, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Will a knockback arrow shoot someone off a cliff, and if so does gravity steal my kill or does the game still register that it was me who killed the other player?

Congrats on 2023 btw huge year! <3
  • Options
    Hi, I was curious to know if you were planning to have a screenshot system? One similar to gpose that would allow the user to show off their character in the world of Verra, and show off Verra as a whole. It's a beautiful world from what we see!
  • Options
    For Crafting will you allow more custom things like dyes/engraving/craftsmen signatures/augmenting or improve your favorite weapons/armors on equipment or color adjustment on current equipment or craft equipment.
  • Options
    Can a Mayor or a mechanism disable the progression of a node? Say from a village to a town for example? Or, players can indirectly slow or stop the progression either by stopping from doing any activities or stopping from caravans reaching that specific node? Maybe as a Mayor I can't govern a city but I can afford to govern a town, so I refuse to level it?
    S3gcPiA.jpg
  • Options
    Trickster wrote: »
    About classes, Steven spoke once about summoners, which other classes could we expect in the future? Any chances for us to have necromancers?

https://ashesofcreation.wiki/Classes#Classes_by_archetype_combination