Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

You want my wallet?!?!?

Just make us ability to add ears and tail on standard character(no full furry)...aka nekomimi...just adding those you will win over many and many wallets!!!

Comments

• Options
    hmdysu3o06m9.jpg
  • Options
    No thanks.
    This link may help you: https://ashesofcreation.wiki/
  • Options
    AnimusRexAnimusRex Member
    edited December 2023
    You're one of those Japanese guys who married his life size doll and watches TV in diapers aren't you?
    The girl watched the last of the creatures die and murmured a soft 'Thank you' to her rescuer.

The stranger's eyes lifted to the blood red cloud on the horizon.

'We have to move. It's not safe here.'
  • Options
    who knows what the cosmetic store will behold post launch.
  • Options
    I'm good with a feline-based race being added in the future, just as long as it looks ferocious.
  • Options
    LinikerLiniker Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    No.
    img]
    Recrutamento aberto - Nosso Site: Clique aqui
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    No. Steven has already said a countless times "Nothing gimmicky". + That wouldn't even fit with the lore. You might want to play a different game.

Looking at all your started threads, a lot of thread title ends with "?!?!?!?!"... Just by that, we can't take you serious.
    m6jque7ofxxf.gif
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    we'll probably see holiday gimmicky things. Candy cane swords, gingerbread freehold skins etc. lol, seems like that kind of game.

Snowball effect
  • Options
    Not against vanity items like that, including shark teeth, vampire teeth, etc, body modifications are alright. But why have this in AoC? I mean, Intrepid has it's hands full and this would cost a great deal of money and human resources.

I don't think it's the time for this, maybe in the future if the community has a burnning desire for it, but not now.
    PvE means: A handful of coins and a bag of boredom.
  • Options
    Acij wrote: »
    Just make us ability to add ears and tail on standard character(no full furry)...aka nekomimi...just adding those you will win over many and many wallets!!!

There is some furry / scally races you can adjust their looks in some form but not much is known on them.
  • Options
    we'll probably see holiday gimmicky things. Candy cane swords, gingerbread freehold skins etc. lol, seems like that kind of game.

Snowball effect

John is Christmas obsessed. 4 trees in the house, dogs dressed as reindeer etc.

I'm sure Steven will bend and we will see some stuff in the game probably better left on Earth.

The girl watched the last of the creatures die and murmured a soft 'Thank you' to her rescuer.

• Options
    AnimusRex wrote: »

Snowball effect

John is Christmas obsessed. 4 trees in the house, dogs dressed as reindeer etc.

I'm sure Steven will bend and we will see some stuff in the game probably better left on Earth.

The picture I am imagining is quite... holiday enthusiastic let's say :smile:

Even if the skins are temporarily allowed during said world events and in-game duration in relation, I can see the plausibility of their allowances.
  • Options
    AnimusRexAnimusRex Member
    edited December 2023
    Yeah I wouldn't be too bothered by it. Let them have their fun. But it would be good and something different if they were all 'Verran-specific' celebrations.

Catering to a multitude of Earth cultures and denominations for holidays has made some games look like UN political correctness rallies.

• Options
    @AnimusRex yeah I imagine they'll do their own Verran spin on it regardless of the decorative and celebrative similarities.
  • Options
    No.
    Referral Code : 8GTVW547SYDTHE6Nashesofcreation.com/r/8GTVW547SYDTHE6N
  • Options
    add ears and tail on standard character
    ii0jpjstaord.gif
  • Options
    oh dear.
    [Fortunes Wrath] https://fortuneswrath.com/
    Cleric
    giphy-downsized-large.gif?cid=b603632fyppzyr6egwlqfok7dpffkpeteji5hhvcq9kkqbqb&ep=v1_gifs_gifId&rid=giphy-downsized-large.gif&ct=s
  • Options
    KilionKilion Member
    edited December 2023
    The Lol i, Animalgirl or Furry fantasies are not part of this world and Steven has made it clear quite often that he is not going to compromise the lore of his world for commercial reasons only, especially when the content people ask for is simply copy past aethetics from other established content.

And there is a strong argument to make for exactly that when it comes to asian furry... stuff. This is not a matter of commercial incentives, this is a matter of the creative head of a fantasy world maintaining the integrity and consistency of his world.

So to answer your question: No, Intrepid does not seem to want your wallet under the presented condition.

A few comments for reference on the matter:

"Tulnar do not equal furries, but there are definitely some bestial components that you can scale up when you're creating your Tulnar character, so you could max that setting I guess. Whether or not that would give you what you would think of as a furry, I guess it's going to be up to your interpretation of what a Furry is."
    source: Steven Sharif; Wiki - Tulnar Appearance

"There's going to be constraints to the sliders, so that was one of those big questions as work began on the character creator: How much agency do you want to allow pulling like the lower lip all the way down in this weird deformed look, or having like [an] offset cheek that's just asymmetrical to the side of the face. There's not going to be the ability or agency to create those types of weird character things. However you will have the ability to move, slide, change, grow, decrease all those components, but they'll be kept in a more reasonable and presented way in the same sense you won't be able to change the appearance of the dwarven, nor the Dünir or the Niküan races to, in my opinion, create what would be traditionally considered a **** character." source: Steven Sharif; Wiki - Character appearance

"There will not be mascot looking/furry cosmetics" source: Steven Sharif; Ashes HQ Interview
    The answer is probably >>> HERE <<<
  • Options
    No. Steven has already said a countless times "Nothing gimmicky". + That wouldn't even fit with the lore. You might want to play a different game.

Looking at all your started threads, a lot of thread title ends with "?!?!?!?!"... Just by that, we can't take you serious.

i dunno tulnars spose to be able t ogo rather humanish to beastish in char select the tulanr we saw were heavy beastial slider so who know how far it goes with the hunan side of things
  • Options
    KilionKilion Member
    edited December 2023
    double post, my bad
  • Options
    Anthropomorphic
  • Options
    VaknarVaknar Moderator, Member, Staff
    How did this briefly derail into holiday cosmetics and then get back on topic 😂

So, the consensus is no cat girls, but all-in on candy cane swords? /s
    community_management.gif
  • Options
    Vaknar wrote: »

these dudes wanna lick some sweet swords during xmas i guess.

dont ban me pls im just playing ;3
  • Options

and gingerbread freehold skins :lol: Can't forget about those temporary seasonal event allowances.
  • Options

and gingerbread freehold skins :lol: Can't forget about those temporary seasonal event allowances.

I know you weren't (fully?) serious about this but these gimmicky cosmetics just repel me like nothing else. I'd hate to see some gingerbread house standing in the middle of the desert X(
  • Options
    nanfoodlenanfoodle Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    I don't get the bashing on this request. It dose not break the lore when people dress up at animals. It's common in many cultures to dress up as every type of creature from mythical to what we see everyday. There is cats in this world of Vera.

I don't think the Asian style we see in their MMOs needs to be what Ashes does. But something tasteful could work. I also agree with the post above. I would love to see a cat like race and a canine or wolf-like race as well. One day.
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    Kilion wrote: »

I know you weren't (fully?) serious about this but these gimmicky cosmetics just repel me like nothing else. I'd hate to see some gingerbread house standing in the middle of the desert X(

I prefer my games with more purity for immersion too but it's only a matter of time as it does seem like that type of game and company with the supporters they're attracting via design choices. It's also why I said temporary allowance which means they can only be used during the holiday event and not a year round thing.

IE: can only use those skins during the 2 week event etc.

As for cat girl ears... it's always plausible at some point whether it's anthropomorphic via races like tulnar or cosmetics but to what degree is up to the design team and player base. Doesn't have to be anime cat girls lol. Anthropomorphic is a scale from realistic to cartoonish, various reptilian and mammal etc which pretty much describes the tulnar. We already have several races with pointed ear options via character creator.

who knows, maybe even the corrupted zones will be holiday influenced during certain world events like demonic snowmen world bosses whipping dreadful snow and ice spells at the raid, maybe an abominable snowman like a yeti lol
  • Options
    Yeah, I am not against themes all together I just don't like the gimmick stuff. It makes no sense to me that demonic pumkins appear in Ashes for example because while it may be indeed harvest season in autumn the whole "spooky" thing does not really have a solid base in Verras lore as far as I am aware. And I'd hate to see them write this stuff in just because thats what our real world looks like.

I still remember christmas decorations all over Orgrimmar - what a horrible time to have eyes.

Anyways, I doubt the scale system for the animalistic features will allow players to make a manga-style catgirl, something just tells me this is not how this feature will work.
  • Options
    lil bro wants to roleplay a feline tulnar girl 💀
    6wtxguK.jpg
    Aren't we all sinners?
  • Options
    SolvrynSolvryn Member, Alpha One, Adventurer
    Neko lovers have no souls.