Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

You want my wallet?!?!?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Ears and tails are Based. If they make you cringe, you're the problem. There are already a lot of non-coherent skins. I bet you won't even see a tail when everyone dresses in those clown things.
  • Options
    Solvryn wrote: »
    Neko lovers have no souls.

lmao i thought that was gingers T_T

what if u have a ginger neko lover?xDD
  • Options
    TricksterTrickster Member
    edited December 2023
    I kinda I agree, we need it... But I feel bad about it tho lmao
  • Options
    Acij wrote: »
    Just make us ability to add ears and tail on standard character(no full furry)...aka nekomimi...just adding those you will win over many and many wallets!!!

B- ... ... ... but ... ... ... Final Fantasy Fourteen already exists ... ... ... 🙄

AnimusRex wrote: »
    You're one of those Japanese guys who married his life size doll and watches TV in diapers aren't you?

WoW. This Trashtalk is on a whole other Level. 😂 🤣👍

Jokes aside - since i think i saw at least "ONE" Tulnar-Concept in which a ... ... Man/Guy(?) ... ... looked a bit like a Lion regarding his Head - i think Characters with Animal-like Ears are possible in Ashes of Creation.

But i won't lose any Sleep over if there are no Catgirls. As i said already - Final Fantasy already exists. ;)
    a50whcz343yn.png
  • Options
    who knows what the cosmetic store will behold post launch.

Please don't open Pandora's Box here, Enigmatic.

Who knows what for Eldritch Horrors from beyond the Stars you could unleash ... ... ... 🙄
    a50whcz343yn.png
  • Options
    pyrealpyreal Member, Warrior of Old
    nanfoodle wrote: »
    I don't get the bashing on this request. It dose not break the lore when people dress up at animals. It's common in many cultures to dress up as every type of creature from mythical to what we see everyday. There is cats in this world of Vera.

I don't think the Asian style we see in their MMOs needs to be what Ashes does. But something tasteful could work. I also agree with the post above. I would love to see a cat like race and a canine or wolf-like race as well. One day.

I don't feel that add on
    ears and tails will ever fall under 'tasteful'.
  • Options
    nanfoodlenanfoodle Member, Founder, Kickstarter
    For things like this, I liked how WoW did their toys. Clicking toys that changed your aperance would last for 5 to 10 min and the cool down to click again was a 20 to 30 min cool down.
  • Options
    For things like this, I liked how WoW did their toys. Clicking toys that changed your aperance would last for 5 to 10 min and the cool down to click again was a 20 to 30 min cool down.

And on roleplay servers they should just scrap the cooldowns.
    So much potential was wasted by that. :unamused:
    Same as the later evermore often occurring " Cannot use in this zone. " bs.

" Fun detected! Innitiate nerf! "
    6h4yddoh6t31.jpg
  • Options
    Aszkalon wrote: »
    who knows what the cosmetic store will behold post launch.

Please don't open Pandora's Box here, Enigmatic.

Who knows what for Eldritch Horrors from beyond the Stars you could unleash ... ... ... 🙄

lol

The great mystery of what will be :smile:
  • Options
    And then there's people like me: happy to finally not have weird human cat/fox characters that give a very cringe feeling.
    Thanks to intrepid this ain't gonna be a thing in ashes 🤭
  • Options
    AszkalonAszkalon Member
    edited December 2023
    Dripyula wrote: »

And on roleplay servers they should just scrap the cooldowns.
    So much potential was wasted by that. :unamused:
    Same as the later evermore often occurring " Cannot use in this zone. " bs.

" Fun detected! Innitiate nerf! "

Sadly - You hit the Nail exactly on it's Head.

Imagine You can give your Character for Roleplay the Appearance of a humanoid NPC, or of a Mob in the Wilderness or so -> and then the Time you can use it in Roleplay is cut short by Timers which make it so that You can use it only half the Time or One Third of the Time, that the Cooldown for the Ability or Item is. 😅

To avoid Confusion,
    in Case of a City-Raid (Enemy Army/Group attacking your Node, duh) - One can programm it so, that the Illusion disappears the Second the Character gets into PvP.

You look like a Goblin from the Monster-Coin Event ? Only " IF - You - are " a Goblin from the Monster-Coin Event. If you are one of the Defenders and look like You could be one of the Attackers, the Illusion should disappear the Moment You enter Battle. ;)
    a50whcz343yn.png
  • Options
    HinotoriHinotori Member, Leader of Men, Kickstarter, Alpha One
    Shizury wrote: »
    And then there's people like me: happy to finally not have weird human cat/fox characters that give a very cringe feeling.

How do we tell him?

jp5pb2e3xd8d.png
    lsb9nxihx5vc.png
  • Options
    Hinotori wrote: »
    Shizury wrote: »

How do we tell him?

jp5pb2e3xd8d.png

If you mean Tulnar,

i don't think we see weird, strange Furry-Characters ingame. Or Vulpera-ERP Players. 😅
    a50whcz343yn.png
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    Kilion wrote: »
    Yeah, I am not against themes all together I just don't like the gimmick stuff. It makes no sense to me that demonic pumkins appear in Ashes for example because while it may be indeed harvest season in autumn the whole "spooky" thing does not really have a solid base in Verras lore as far as I am aware. And I'd hate to see them write this stuff in just because thats what our real world looks like.

I still remember christmas decorations all over Orgrimmar - what a horrible time to have eyes.

Anyways, I doubt the scale system for the animalistic features will allow players to make a manga-style catgirl, something just tells me this is not how this feature will work.

I don't really agree here. There are many ways to make it feel on brand. Christmas and Halloween are both ancient pagan traditions, Samhain and Yule. As a pagan myself, here are how I think the holidays can be incorporated.

Samhain: Samhain is when the veil between the physical and spiritual world is at it's thinnest. Could be altars spawned across Verra with ghosts or skeletons taking over certain areas sorta like the current corrupted areas. You'll find NPC's in cities dancing and celebrating the harvest drinking mules and mead that they are "sharing" in spirit with dead loved ones.

Yule: Yule is a festival of rebirth and marks the point when the sun begins to return back to us. So maybe it could have something to do with any of Verra's gods like the Goddess of Creation. We saw lightly decorated Christmas trees in the game last year around the holidays. In my country we use giant goats constructed out of straw in cities during Yule because goats pulled Thor's chariot = Where santa and his reindeers came from. I am sure they could tie something similar like that into with Verra's gods. Placing wreaths on your door, mistle toes, the food, the ornaments, they're all from pagan traditions and not from christianity. So it actually is very on-brand with the game. But it can be done in an elevated way vs tacky.
    m6jque7ofxxf.gif