Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Profile Promotions on Forums

2»

Comments

• Options
    NiKr wrote: »
    cgfi0zt2atck.png
    I was wrong, I must apologize, I shall repent.

I should have more than you if anything
  • Options
    George_BlackGeorge_Black Member, Intrepid Pack
    edited December 2023
    Pointless systems. Part of conditioning ppl to new life standards and acceptance.
    Just say your opinions without the need to appease. Help the game become better.
    Keep the pointless posts to a minimum to declutter the fields of feedback.
  • Options
    Pointless systems. Part of conditioning ppl to new life standards and acceptance.
    Just say your opinions without the need to appease. Help the game become better.
    Keep the pointless posts to a minimum to declutter the fields of feedback.

Naa let people say what they want to say.
  • Options
    We should unlike all given likes to see if we can delevel somebody. A new form of PvP :smiley:
  • Options
    VaknarVaknar Moderator, Member, Staff
    Hello all!

This is a new system we're testing out. There is a temporary version live right now, which is what you're seeing.

During the new year, we will further iterate upon this new system.

These Ranks shouldn't impact or affect your ability to communicate if you've already been communicating on the forums.

What the stars mean and what prerequisites are there will be changing as we test this feature out in the new year.
    community_management.gif
  • Options
    Quality over Quanity :wink: I could spam useless shit reiterated for 20 pages with the same people and be 6 star too If I wanted lol
    fxd50byygoo2.gif
    Mag7spy wrote: »
    I should have more than you if anything
    Of course that's something a 5* would say. Classic B)
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    Vaknar wrote: »
    Hello all!

This is a new system we're testing out. There is a temporary version live right now, which is what you're seeing.

During the new year, we will further iterate upon this new system.

These Ranks shouldn't impact or affect your ability to communicate if you've already been communicating on the forums.

What the stars mean and what prerequisites are there will be changing as we test this feature out in the new year.

boo-this-man-gif.gif

• Options
    Depraved wrote: »
    the star system is most likely to prevent the spam...

💪🧠
    community_management.gif
  • Options
    @Depraved is correct. In its current form, this is just something in place to combat spam.

community_management.gif
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    @Depraved is correct. In its current form, this is just something in place to combat spam.

guess i would have to not ignore their posts to know that then :wink: I got several monkeys ignored :smile: the forums are better off this way!
  • Options
    NiKr wrote: »
    Nerror wrote: »
    some combination
    I think it's this, cause I looked at some lower-starred people and the range on post/like values was quite vast. Potentially there could be some "date created" weights as well, cause that'd be the most logical thing when trying to fight off spam from literally newborn accs.

🧠💯

I won't share too much since it's placeholder and will change, but it is a combination of some things to prevent spam.
    community_management.gif
  • Options

guess i would have to not ignore their posts to know that then :wink: I got several monkeys ignored :smile: the forums are better off this way!

Less spam = better forums ;)
    community_management.gif
  • Options
    My 6* self prevents me from talking to all of these plebeians >:)
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    @Vaknar can you make it so i dont see their posts in replies too so I dont have to ignore more people?

the forums are 100% better not wasting time conversing with certain people I found.
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    Let's be well unto one another. I'd hate to give warnings for something so silly :(
    community_management.gif
  • Options
    Let's be well unto one another. I'd hate to give warnings for something so silly :(
    Ith all yokes. Hope this system works to stop that spamming dumbass. The only bad part of the forums in recent times.
  • Options
    edited December 2023

it's a serious request and statement. There's a huge flaw in the ignore feature.
  • Options
    Fuppo HeadhunterFuppo Headhunter Moderator, Member, Alpha One
    So many Stars!!
    volunteer_moderator.gif
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    @Vaknar
    hfq5zvqcqp65.png
    3fjpdbc2dpwv.png

If you cant visually see the flaw in this then I dont know what to tell you
  • Options
    It shows the important part
    h20rzp6xfhh0.png
  • Options
    @Vaknar the quote should minimally be hidden or with a spoiler filter similar to the ignore feature
  • Options
    Seems to be a spam and semantics rating for those who like to carry on needlessly for 20 pages
  • Options
    Voeltz wrote: »
    Seems to be a spam and semantics rating for those who like to carry on needlessly for 20 pages
    The important question is, can we take this pointless thread to 20 pointless pages? I believe in us!
  • Options
    @Vaknar
    hfq5zvqcqp65.png
    3fjpdbc2dpwv.png

You are legit being toxic
  • Options
    Now that we know what the stars are, I'm going to close this thread <3

Happy Holidays, Verrans! Can't wait to see many of you in Verra next year ;)
    community_management.gif
  • Options
    Seems like the star ranks are a lie and excuse to implement special treatment to the real spammers since they have a timer in place to prevent spam and posting.... Needed to Prevent Spamming... right. it's 1990's and these forums run off GeoCities code lol

7u441ycav08o.png
  • Options
    Just in-case people were curious, they deleted my first post within 10 seconds...
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    No, the level system is built in to Vanilla Forums and has many functions - including giving permissions to some people basee on level, and acting as one aspect of a spam prevention program (it is not a complete program in itself). All of what it can do is configurable, and Intrepid have already moved on from the default settings - as far as I can see there are no added permissions

If you go out looking for conspiracies as to what else it coule be doing, you'll find them. It's really easy to look at something and assume the reasons for it are vastly different to what they actually are. This is especially true right now when Intrepid don't have all the settings they want dialled in.
  • Options
    edited December 2023
    Logged on and replied to a message only to have this pop up in the bottom left corner?

2qmlqlajwo9g.png

Then I try to repost it later...

s2jljl5q9jrr.png

Then I get this?

zlyk6batgz3p.png

Come back several minutes later for it to do this again?

s2jljl5q9jrr.png

These new forums are starting to feel like....

d3zeeg2fgc8d.png

new forums are amazing...
  • Options
    NoaaniNoaani Member, Intrepid Pack
    Some people are amusing.

Literally the first thing that came to mind reading this post is that you're just like the character in Parks and Recreation that complained because she got sick after making tea with the water that had a sign saying "do not drink". Like, you had a message, you ignired it, there were consequences.

The second thing that came to mind is that you have literally no idea what facist means, despite seemingly being happy to throw that word around.

If anyone here is a facist (in spirit), it is you for ignoring all posters you disagree with (suppression of opposition is one of the cornerstones of facist movements).

The currently "work in progress" changes to the forum have already made it a better place. While it hasn't eliminated spam, it has reduced it.
This discussion has been closed.