Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Trading system

Just hoping somebody could enlighten me to how the player based trading will work, from what's been posted in the twitch streams so far it's sounding worryingly similar to the ffxv market system which was met very negatively, even after they tweaked it.

If I'm incorrect on this please correct me.

If I'm correct, here's my alternative market idea which may work.

Instead of player shops, players sell all items to set npx stores.

These keep stock of the number of each item, if there are only a few in stock they'll buy and sell for more, if they're overflowing with stock they'll sell for less and buy for less.

As each node would have it's own stock levels, an item sold in one may sell for more than another. This could also result in random quests to protect caravans to move overflowing stock from one node to another.

This would hopefully keep a balanced economy, while enabling players to buy and sell with ease and it'd still remain a player controlled economy.

Could possibly implement other features like regular stock drops from npcs buying gear, or price changes depending on how much stock has moved (if you're selling ore as fast as you're getting it the price goes up, if an item isn't selling well the Base price might drop.

This could also potentially play into the whole stock market system, however that'll work.

Comments

• Options
    After discussing this in discord, it might be an idea to do a mix and match. The system I've proposed for your general items, and for rares / legendary etc have the kiosk as a backup.

Those who want a quick sale could then use the brokers, and those selling quality wares could have the kiosk.
  • Options
    The read only metrics of progress I could may be understand.
    But the write ability of stocks/shares ?
    They have said players can invest in their guilds and such.
    Organisation that can be invested in can also be undermined.
    That will have a massive impact on local economies.
    And if it doesnt have any impact on local economies why would you introduce it ?

I am actually praying they dont hit the $3,000,000 mark to be honest.
    Bubbles burst and economies collapse playing wall street hero.
    These institutions 'experts' brag about how the systems have safeguards in place to protect from abuse.
    Then someone else comes along and removes those safeguards...because they are inefficient or some other excuse to line their pockets quick.
    Or someone always finds the back doors and exploits in the system because someone is always smarter than the designers.
    You cant undo that damage after the fact....its too late then...so why chance it ?

People put 100s of hours into MMO economies.
    They will be very very unhappy if systems are introduced that can wreck those 100s of hours of work in an instant.
    Whats the point of having buildings physically take as much effort to tear down as they take to put up, if they can be economically wiped out on a speculative whim ?
    How do you prevent insider trading and industrial espionage ?

Play with fire you get burnt.
    I dont think financial interference should be allows to undermine effort.
  • Options
    I know it's an old post, but I've not been keeping up to date lately.  Has there been any more detail on how the market / trade system will work in Ashes yet?
  • Options
    @wowfoodhttps://forums.ashesofcreation.com/discussion/33017/information-trade
    I wrote this up a wee while back but it's the information that we have at the moment :)
    I love the idea of market stalls and think it will work well in Ashes because it encourages visitors to node and cross node visiting etc ^^
  • Options
    I just worry because of how much of a mess it turned out being in FFXIV, it also got pretty bad playing RO sometimes as you couldn't see the streets through the player markets sometimes.