Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Vanilla EverQuest and what it did better

2»

Comments

• Options
    Oh yeah... or how about when you sat down you had to use the meditate skill, you opened a book and stared at it. lol nothing like seeing a line of men in dresses sitting down reading books, backs against the wall at the Estate of Unrest with a line of Festering Hags chasing little dwarfs in bronze armor out the front door shouting "train to the zone" followed by that one ghoul that always agros a noob hunting fire beetles in the garden.  
  • Options
    LOL, great memories, the best trains were Wall of Slaughter, mainly because people would go afk in the tunnel entrance, only to return and find themselves dead, or they'd be zoning in, only to come face to face with a named mob.

Bring back trains, I say
  • Options
    Bring back zoning I say.
  • Options
    corpse runs were not great, it's why they don't exist anymore.  1% of game's population thought it was great....eq1 did about everything wrong lol.  it was just first of it's kind...i looooved it at the time....but i have went back and played, nah, i think not....but thx anyways eq1 for bringing the mmorpg genre on the stage.
  • Options
    Well I suppose the next best idea then is the graveyard system like in WOW
  • Options
    I remember EQ well. My wife and I played on the Bristlebane server. I do wish it was more solo friendly in some areas just for grinding out exp while waiting on a group. I hated the raiding but grouping in highhold or dungeons was fun. Scars of Velious was the end for us . We then went to DAoC which to this day is still the only game I ever enjoyed pvp on. I could solo or camp mobs with a group so I could always make some progress. Though trials of atlantis and its raiding killed that for us as well.