Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

The "Tulnar" (new character race)!

2»

Comments

• Dragon people that pray to a dragon god and if it wakes we fight along side it against everyone else. Heh. I just made that up.
  • That sounds like there are part of a Lovecraftian cult ^^
  • Really impressed buy the detail and backstory already.
    I am also curious with the stencils showing weapons.
    it appears that the 5th model could have a Bow on it's back and the 7th model has some kind of chain/blade weapon.

With the latter potentially opening the doors to other chain/rope weapons.

Only issue i have with beast races and specifically their tails/horns is armor clipping.

Still a dwarf main, but nice to know there is a more diverse character creator.

Good job Intrepid and the AoC Kick starter community.
  • Humanoid mix of reptilian and beast-like mammalian.
  • I'm getting a Warhammer vibe and I'm loving it
  • ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2017
    Oh! I got more info. The Tulnar are the descendants of the original people that lived on the planet and didn't leave. They went underground and uhm.. intermingled into one race.  That means they might be like, get out of here foreigners. This is our planet. We're building a wall to keep you out. 

They probably pray to the ancient gods. The gods before god.
    edited June 2017
    Nevermind! Mis-post, can't delete.
  • There were a few races that intermingled to become the Tulnar.
    Do we have an official spelling somewhere?
  • Ahhh the tails are badass! They look like they will be very lizard like. But they said you can tone down the beast attribute and give a more human look so I'm looking forward to that.
  • Some of those silhouettes scream Skaven and Beastmen (Warhammer franchise) to me. It's a nice change to see an MMO go for a race that is truly beastial, and not just an "adorable" version of a normally repugnant animal.
  • Agreed too many games with fluffy nonsense character races. I like my characters to look the part. These remind me of Draconians. Loved the way they looked. If you saw one in your town you would be fearful.
  • Dygz said:
    There were a few races that intermingled to become the Tulnar.
    Do we have an official spelling somewhere?

Steven spelled it out in the Stream that introduced them.
  • Yep, i'm super happy with how they decided to do this. Here's the pic for people who missed it. Tulnar
    Giant Spoon for supreme overlord!
  • LOTS of potential here. My question (and this may've been answered previously) is, if this is the "underground" race, where will the dwarves live/spawn?
  • As far as I know after watching the livestream when Steven explain about the lore he said they are races combine with various different races having lizard attributes, and on the tour in the studios you can see one of the drawing having lizard tail.
  • This race does look pretty awesome... cant wait to see some more details on it. Any word if each race are going to have any specific beneficial racials etc. Finding it hard to contain all my excitement for this game haha
    edited June 2017
    @Lifetree
    Various different races: humanoid, mammalian and reptilian.
  • so happy Kickstarter unlocked this as not into the other races
  • Concept art looks pretty cool.
    edited June 2017
    Isende said:
    LOTS of potential here. My question (and this may've been answered previously) is, if this is the "underground" race, where will the dwarves live/spawn?
    The two dwarven species like the other 6 original player races left the world long long ago and are just returning now. And of the dwarfs only 1 is into cavedwelling, the other one is more into island/coastal areas.

What i found surprising about that Tulnar race, during the studio tour we see a lot of concepts for them. and some seem to be HUGE like really HUGE

• Size doesn't matter.
  • Dygz said:
    Size doesn't matter.
    it does for gameplay reasons. Ever played a big Norn in one of GW2 crampy Jumping Puzzles?