Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!

Suggestion: Over-resistance

13»

Comments

• Well here. I'll give you an example of what I mean for shields from Dark souls. It's not really I-frames so much as it is potential mitigation so my description was a bit off to be fair. Like a greatshield in Dark souls usually has 100% physical damage reduction and varying reductions on the other damage types it can block.

So as long as I'm capable of blocking it reduces all damage that hits the shield by said %s before anything else. I won't go into the stability statistic because that is practically irrelevant for Ashes as it may be an entirely different system like stamina.

As for dodging I do entirely prefer skill based dodges. I do not like I-frames in general unless it's a skill associated with invulnerability like 5 seconds of invulnerability for a berserker or something of that ilk. If done right though I-frame dodges with the right limits like no spamming are usually decently fair to balance.

Yeah, I hope cleric and tank are done well. Paladin isn't just my favorite class it's kinda my general mindset lol. I like to help people sometimes to the point where it puts me in a bad spot. XD So if I can't pull that off effectively I'll be pretty disappointed.
  • I can get behind those mechanics. I'm more into action combat, I would still play ashes with out without, but it would be a major plus for me that would get me playing more often instead of having to switch between games to get that action combat fix.
  • Totally agree. It's a bit of a back step if it doesn't include at least semi-action oriented combat types. I don't mind simpler systems but when you just circle the enemy spamming fireball it's not really a good system lol.