Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Kickstarter Alpha Date

So, I just found out some very upsetting news. People that are funding the game through kickstarter, backing this company, taking the risk of backing by buying a founders pack, does not get you alpha until Q4 2018. So why is it that the people that are getting free keys through twitch giveaways and forums giveaways get into alpha before the end of this year? Seems a bit Star Citizeny to me, and I will be cancelling my pledge.

Comments

• Options
    You can please all of the people some of the time. You can please some people all of the time. But you can't please all of the people all of the time. Hope you can find your gaming joy somewhere else.

For my two cents, I like the fact that they are handing out invite only alpha keys. You ever see the fine print on contests run by food companies? It says "no purchase necessary", you can mail in for a chance to win. It gives everyone a chance to be lucky, to win something, to try something new that maybe they couldn't pay X amount of money to participate in.
  • Options
    You can please all of the people some of the time. You can please some people all of the time. But you can't please all of the people all of the time. Hope you can find your gaming joy somewhere else.

For my two cents, I like the fact that they are handing out invite only alpha keys. You ever see the fine print on contests run by food companies? It says "no purchase necessary", you can mail in for a chance to win. It gives everyone a chance to be lucky, to win something, to try something new that maybe they couldn't pay X amount of money to participate in.
    Thats fine and all, but at least make it the same damn time. The fact that we are taking a risk buying a founder pack, and we have to wait over a year longer then someone who is just sitting in the twitch stream when they are doing giveaway is absurd. 
  • Options
    Remember the kickstarter packages include access the the "persistent alpha" stages of the game.

So, truthfully, those others are likely to only be stress tests in the middle of the work day and such. You're not missing out all that much.
  • Options
    First of all. It's not only people who got picked through twitch stream that gets into the invite only alpha. It's handpicked people and the moderators of discord. The team at Intrepid doesn't want to let that massive of a playerbase enter the game when it's that early in developement. They need a dedicated team to go in and test, and you might say: "But.. raffle winners on twitch?!" That's where the handpicks comes in. 

You can complain about it as much as you like, but the fact is just that the team want a more polished game before letting a wider audience enter. Hope you found this helpful
  • Options
    Glory said:
    Remember the kickstarter packages include access the the "persistent alpha" stages of the game.

So, truthfully, those others are likely to only be stress tests in the middle of the work day and such. You're not missing out all that much.
    We still have to wait over a year over free key winners. I have cancelled my pledge. I think its funny that they throw shade at Star Citizen, yet they seem to be pulling the same shit.
  • Options
    People who won an alpha key during the streams will not be invited in the Q4 2017 alpha. Won an alpha key myself and asked about it. Yaviey replied that we will be invited somewhere in between the Family and Friends alpha and the earliest KS alpha.

Bigman1182 Personally I think it's sad that you cancel your pledge for a reason like this. I hope you find your joy elsewhere.
  • Options
    Sovorack said:
    People who won an alpha key during the streams will not be invited in the Q4 2017 alpha. Won an alpha key myself and asked about it. Yaviey replied that we will be invited somewhere in between the Family and Friends alpha and the earliest KS alpha.

Bigman1182 Personally I think it's sad that you cancel your pledge for a reason like this. I hope you find your joy elsewhere.
    I was not aware! Then the twitch picks and weekly drawings must be seperated in some way

• Options
    So to quote what shunex said:

• "“What is the difference between a weekly drawing key and the keys purchasable through the Kickstarter campaign?

By winning a key in the weekly drawings/ competition’s you gain access to the invite only alpha and beta tests these test’s will be by invite only and will be under a NDA. winners of these exclusive keys will be notified via email, and the results posted on the forums and on social media. (access to these tests will not be purchasable, and is separate to the family and friends test)

However, the Kickstarter campaign has packages available with access to phase 1&2 alpha tests and phase 1&2 beta tests. These tests are only accessible for purchase through supporting Ashes in the Kickstarter event. "
    -https://ashesofcreation.vanillacommunities.com/discussion/6085/information-regarding-weekly-key-drawings#latest

Apart from that, the key contests such as the meme contest, handpicks, twitch drawings, and the random drawings are all a way to gain publicity and get people to sign up to their site.

First of all. It's not only people who got picked through twitch stream that gets into the invite only alpha. It's handpicked people and the moderators of discord. The team at Intrepid doesn't want to let that massive of a playerbase enter the game when it's that early in developement. They need a dedicated team to go in and test, and you might say: "But.. raffle winners on twitch?!" That's where the handpicks comes in. 

You can complain about it as much as you like, but the fact is just that the team want a more polished game before letting a wider audience enter. Hope you found this helpful
    As Branegames said it's a lot more people than just the few twitch handpicks that get into the NDA alpha. On top of that the two alpha phases (NDA alpha and the kickstarter alpha) both have different purposes and development goals.

• Options

You would think they would want to show off an unfinished version to the people who paid and had enough faith to back them, instead of a free key.
  • Options
    Sovorack said:

Shunex said:
    Bigman1182 said:
    From what I have seen, The Alpha starts in Q4 2017. And more than likely beta will not carry over to live as it would give an unfair advantage.
    the alpha that is in Q4 2017 is the Invite only alpha that you get access through the Weekly drawings or twitch raffles, and not the one you purchase access to through the kickstarter

• Options
    So they need to get their shit together, and actually say the same thing then because the community managers are telling us one thing, and the others are saying another,
  • Options
    I hope you changed your mind Bigman1182 because this game will be amazing and i hope you back the game again before the kickstarter ends! XD
  • Options
    So, I just found out some very upsetting news. People that are funding the game through kickstarter, backing this company, taking the risk of backing by buying a founders pack, does not get you alpha until Q4 2018. So why is it that the people that are getting free keys through twitch giveaways and forums giveaways get into alpha before the end of this year? Seems a bit Star Citizeny to me, and I will be cancelling my pledge.

Bigman1182 said:
    So they need to get their shit together, and actually say the same thing then because the community managers are telling us one thing, and the others are saying another,

Well then, buh bye.
  • Options
  • Options
    Any key that is won in a contest or drawing is for the Invite Only Alpha in Q4 2017
    Sovorack said:

Friends and family and the Invite only alpha are NOT the same thing. Invite only is in Q4 2017 this is what people who won keys get access to. 

current timeline for the alpha stages are 

Friends and Family TBA | Invite Only Q4 2017 | Phase 1 December 2018 | Phase 2 TBA

• Options
    @Bigman1182

i posted this on the other thread you were discussing this,

the invite only won't be anywhere near a completed game, alot of things won't be implemented yet nor will it last as long as the Phase 1 Alpha. 

Those who have won a key generally are the ones that have helped out the community by spreading the word about the game or being helpful in someway, without these people the game wouldn't be as widely known as it is today.

So even though you may of backed the game on kickstarter (thank you for that) they have brought in more people who have backed the game.
  • Options
    From what they said tonight in the twitch video, there will be post-kickstarter packages for those people who could not or did not want to pledge. I think this is awesome news. People will be able to decide to support the game later on, when we get closer to Alpha access, if they feel more comfortable doing so.

I felt too December 2018 is too far away. I initially pledge $400 and then, when I read the news, I decided to downgrade to the $25 . I just wanted to support the game anyway. I will probably throw some more money into it later on. I think these guys deserve a chance. They are doing an awesome job.
  • Options
    Shunex said:
    *snip*

So even though you may of backed the game on kickstarter (thank you for that) they have brought in more people who have backed the game.
    I had brought 7 other friends who all also purchased the Royalty pack, and all but one of us have cancelled it due to the fact that we have to wait over a year and a half to even get our first alpha
  • Options

Buh Bye.
  • Options
    Sovorack said:

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/forums/#/discussion/32021/about-kickstarter-and-beta

3rd and 4th comments. Shunex confirms that KS alpha is not until Q4 2018
  • Options
    Sovorack said:

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/forums/#/discussion/32021/about-kickstarter-and-beta

3rd and 4th comment Shunex says that the KS is not until Q4 2018.
  • Options
    Sovorack said:

3rd and 4th comments. Shunex confirms that KS alpha is not until Q4 2018
  • Options
    Sovorack said:

3rd and 4th comment Shunex says that the KS is not until Q4 2018.
  • Options
    Shunex said:
    *snip*

I had brought 7 other friends who all also purchased the Royalty pack, and all but one of us have cancelled it due to the fact that we have to wait over a year and a half to even get our first alpha

So, you're saying all 8 of you had Royalty ($2,500) KS packages and because you don't get pre-alpha access all of you cancelled for that reason?

Sorry, I call BS- I think you're making it up.  Generally, people who have been personally successful enough to throw $2,500 at an unfinished game wouldn't post like you've been posting..........
  • Options
    Crymoar said:
    Sorry, I call BS- I think you're making it up.  Generally, people who have been personally successful enough to throw $2,500 at an unfinished game wouldn't post like you've been posting..........
    I'm not buying it either
  • Options
    My husband and I funded this not based on when we can get into it, especially not "when we can get in vs other people who may/may not have funded it," but solely based on the fact that this is a game we've much hope for. In short, we're willing to wait for it.

I think you'll find that's a fairly pervasive theme. Yes, there will be folk like you who, all unhappy that the time for entrance, etc, isn't marching to your expected tune, pull out. That's ok. There're still tons of us who're more than happy to wait. 

Shall we leave the light on for ya?
  • Options
    It's just an early alpha...

If you're this upset about not getting an alpha key I shudder at the thought of how upset you'll be in when you get into the alpha and see that the game in its early alpha state. 
  • Options
    Crymoar said:
    Shunex said:
    *snip*

So, you're saying all 8 of you had Royalty ($2,500) KS packages and because you don't get pre-alpha access all of you cancelled for that reason?

I really dont care what you think. We cancelled because of the fact that they were false advertising the fact that if we purchased that pack, that we would be getting the earliest access to the game in any state, which we would not be.
  • Options
    I recall it stating the date was late 2018.
  • Options
    It sounds like you're complaining for getting exactly what you pledged for.

Also, there are no guarantees "when" the giveaway keys will be let in, but it's at the discretion of Intrepid. There are going to be hundreds of people granted access that you won't even know about, perhaps for their contribution to the community or some other reason.

Heck, even you yourself might be granted one.

But sour grapes for someone else getting something you don't have (which by the way, they may have also paid for in a pledge anyway) isn't really achieving anything. 

Just kick back and have fun with the process!