Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

With this node system, will we see specialty towns?

2»

Comments

• Options

So as far as I can tell it is official that Nodes come with a predetermined type: Scientific, Divine, Military, Economic. It should be pretty obvious early on so if you like, you can leave and find another Node for your efforts.

No idea if wrecking a Node might stimulate a new type for it.

• Options
    Dygz said:
    crazy necro spam bug
    \_(ツ)_/¯
    Thats my dream place to life 
  • Options
    I think yes.
  • Options

One of the problems that I can see with a Node changing when it is "conquered" is pretty simple. If I am the rulership of say a Divinity Node and I want to add a Military Node to the power base, so I invest and conquer one, then I find out it respawns as a Scientific Node.

Seems counter-intuitive.

• Options

@ Samthebest11

Thanks for the links. I didn't see anything that directly say that a Node's "type" is predetermined. Nothing to prove that it isn't either! The "feeling" that I got was that the former was probably the case. As it grows, Node Leadership will be able to pick from unlocked building options, but it sounded like the type of Node was already established.

I wonder if a razed Node starts with a new random chance as a central theme, i.e. Military, Divine, etc...

I have to say I'm a bit disappointed...

Here ya go.  Took me a bit, but I found the question where the node type (military, etc) being predetermined is answered:

https://youtu.be/Y_MbSGXl1ug?t=15m14s
  • Options
    as far as I am aware that node are predetermined space due to balance as every node can be attack on all four sides and not a funnel effect  ie a town in a cave , one way in