Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

The Black Tower [NA | PvX] - answering any questions from you beautiful people at the guild fair!

ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
edited June 2017 in North American Guilds

The Flame of Tar Valon has cast us out... ostracized us... hunted us.

The White Tower has forsaken us.

From the Ashes of war, we rise.

Band together brothers at arms and, together, our voice will be heard throughout the realm.

We will survive, we will thrive, and we will grow as one to swallow the world.

From the Ashes of war, The Black Tower will rise.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A TRULY DEMOCRATIC GUILD:

The Black Tower is going to be a very open, transparent, and involved community – ALL members will have a voice when it comes to guild decisions. I’ve had great success using the following tools in other guilds that I’ve run, and I will be implementing them here to ensure that everyone is invested in the direction our community is heading:

1)     Guild surveys – How do you like the guild so far? What can we do to improve? What type of content do you want to focus on? Etc.

2)     Polls – Raid times, guild event times, guild event selection (would you like to do a fashion contest or a PvP tournament this week?), Senior officers are promoted exclusively through guild polling, rather than selection by myself without input from the community

3)     FREQUENT COMMUNICATION – communication is essential to any guild’s success. As such, I’ve set up both a guild discord and a website (see below for links), that we’ll be able to use regularly for everything from casually hanging out to coordinating sieges and raids

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OUR COMMUNITY GOAL:

The goal is to create a very tight-knit community, where everyone feels like the guild is giving them exactly what they want out of it!

We aren’t claiming to be hardcore, semi-hardcore, or casual. I’d like us to get to the point where you can play however you want, and have a large, active, and fun community to play with. TBT will have a laid back but involved attitude that promotes overall guild unity, teamwork, and personal progression.

I think one of the best ways to build a community, aside from actually playing the game together (and… you know… talking), is through guild events. These are fun things we do as a group that have little to do with the actual game, but are great ways to hang out and get to know your guildies. Some of the events I’ve helped run in other games include:

-        Fashion contests (fashion wars anyone??)

-        Guild video contests (create an awesome guild montage for a prize!)

-        Guild lotteries

-        Poker contests (I’m awful at poker, come take my money!)

-        Seasonal events

-        Guild PvP tournaments

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Basic guild principles:

Respect and activity. These are the tenets of our guild - 

1) NO DOUCHEBAGGERY
 which includes, but is not limited to:

- Negative behavior that will reflect poorly on the guild (shit talking in PvP, insulting other players outside of private guild chat, etc.

- Keyboard crusaders - we are a diverse gaming community, accepting of ALL people and their views (including, but not limited to: religion, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, etc.) - as such, the guild chat/forum/discord is not the place for grandstanding

2) BE ACTIVE

I hope that this wall-of-text introduction to our guild interests you. I am very excited to build up a large, active, and fun guild that hopefully will become one of the most established guilds in Ashes. We’d love to have you join us, so please reach out on these forums, on our guild DISCORD or on our WEBSITE.

- Ghyx

Comments

• Options
    I like the idea of your guild @Ghyx and I wish you luck in starting it 

• Options
    Goodluck!
  • Options
    Thanks guys, very much appreciated :)
  • Options
    I like your post! I am currently guild shopping (as my gaming community has for what ever reasonably completely turned their noses up at AoC).

I like your stress on a good community. I always feel you come to a guild for the perks, but stay for the people. This guild sounds interesting and I even like the emblem ;)
  • Options
    Karthos said:
    I like your post! I am currently guild shopping (as my gaming community has for what ever reasonably completely turned their noses up at AoC).

I like your stress on a good community. I always feel you come to a guild for the perks, but stay for the people. This guild sounds interesting and I even like the emblem ;)
    Thanks Karthos! Would love to have you with us if you're interested :)
  • Options
    xexeb said:
    A good preplan is worth a thousand 'maybes' and 'um's...', it shows concern and respect for the fellow players and themselves. this is one guild to watch!
    Thanks very much Xexeb! Looking forward to working with you and your guild!
  • Options
    Welcome to TBT, SpaztasticM!!
  • Options
    Welcome to TBT, Ellas!!
  • Options
    Do you guys provide snacks and free dental?
  • Options
    Karthos said:
    Do you guys provide snacks and free dental?
    We're considering a HMO model of health insurance for our guild members :smiley:

As for snacks.... I will be more than happy to describe what I'm eating while the guild is chatting on discord!
  • Options
    Maybe I've missed it in the wall of text, but do you have a website?
  • Options
    Karthos said:
    Maybe I've missed it in the wall of text, but do you have a website?
    Ah yes! The website is here: https://theblacktower.enjin.com/ (the forum seems to black out website links, but it's there, I promise  :D )
  • Options
    Welcome to the guild, DarkCure!!
  • Options
    Welcome to the guild, Dahlia!!
  • Options
    Hey guys, discord is up and running, so if you're interested in the guild be sure to check us out HERE !
    <3 Ghyx
  • Options
    Hey Gyx, by any chance does your guild have any history with the old Meridian 59 Black Tower from 107?
  • Options
    Hey @DAMINX! No, that wasn't us :)

Some of us were officers and leaders of some large and established guilds in other MMOs, notably Ropetown from WoW and Ethereal Guardians from GW2.

The name "The Black Tower" is new for our community and comes from Robert Jordan's "Wheel of Time" fantasy series  :D
  • Options
    Are you ganna make me necro my old enjin account? :blush:
  • Options
    Karthos said:
    Are you ganna make me necro my old enjin account? :blush:
    Do it!!!!
  • Options
    Welcome to the guild, J. Jones!!

(I'm secretly hoping you're Jon Jones the MMA fighter, fyi)
  • Options
    Ghyx said:
    Welcome to the guild, J. Jones!!

(I'm secretly hoping you're Jon Jones the MMA fighter, fyi)
    Could be Jim Jones, the notorious cult leader too
  • Options
    @Karthos you are the only cult leader we'll allow in :)
  • Options
    Welcome to the guild, Nartutody!!
  • Options
    @Ghyx

I do make the best kool-aid...
  • Options
    This just in, @Karthos makes koolaid for all TBT guildies! Don't forget to drink our kool-aid :)
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2017
    @Gameriti, FYI the tag [TBT] is a working placeholder - closer to launch, once we have a more sizable community, we will be opening up a thread to vote on a guild tag on our website :) so if you are interested in the community, but don't like the tag, fear not!
  • Options
    @Ghyx no worries mate
  • Options
     :# 
  • Options
    Hello wonderful Ashes community!

We will be featured on the NA guild fair on June 23rd! I wanted to take this opportunity to invite anyone who is interested in our guild, or at least curious about what we stand for, to ask questions in this thread, so that we can be sure to address them at the fair!

Looking forward to introducing you to our new community, and to answering any questions that you may have!
  • Options
    Are you having refreshments?