Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Marriage System Concept

My concept of an in-game Marriage System:

- Allows Fast Travel/Instant Summoning of partner with a 24 hour cooldown
- Allows you to kill a player who has flagged or attempted to kill your partner without you being "corrupted" or tagged as a combatant

- Divorce depends on the Leader of the City with an option to have people vote whether they want divorce or not. This would make it so that people don't just eagerly jump into marriage with someone, it has to mean something significant and dissolving marriage should be hard af

- Access to Unique in-game actions like: walking hand in hand, cuddling, kissing, s3x scenes depending on level of "intimacy"

- Domicile Buff aka Last Stand : When defending your Freehold, you and your partner get defensive and offensive buffs when in the zone of influence of your house and when within a few meters of each other (partner)

- Leveling/Questing together strengthens your bond, and as your bond rating gets stronger, you unlock access to Sex scenes with your partner, or to a lesser extent.. activities/group actions like Kissing, making out, holding hands while walking around or bridal carry, piggy-back carry

- Spousal Support: Portion of the income of the higher earning partner is automatically paid out to the other lower income spouse bi-weekly upon divorce (marriage deterrent)

-Marriages are announced: Locally, Node-wide, Server-wide depending on the couple's combined social status and how much you pay for the wedding which would come in Tiers. The higher Tier ones will get an instanced exclusive area with a predetermined guestlist. Number of guests that can be accommodated depends on fees paid.

Comments

• Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2017
    I think many will play this game to forget they're married. Who knows though Cypher86, who knows ;)
  • Options
    A marriage system has already been confirmed :)
  • Options
    Kratz said:
    I think many will play this game to forget they're married. Who knows though Cypher86, who knows ;)
    well this is an opportunity to get re-married or find a new waifu/husbando without the cheating part lol
  • Options
    A marriage system has already been confirmed :)
    a lot of games have a marriage system that sucks balls. Marriage has to be a cool fun and chill mechanic. something that's not OP but at the same time something that you wanna do not just for the sake of doing it or for the perks, but because it's fun and enjoyable
  • Options
    I'll link to an old thread that enhances/ builds on the marriage system, I think you would like it and get some additional ideas out of it.
    Family system

• Options
    If I ever left my wife even in game should would kill me. lucky shes joining me at day one ^^ (or maybe not)
  • Options
    I like your concepts but Idk if you'll get your s3x scenes lol. Other than that it sounds pretty neat hopefully they see this and at least implement parts of it. It's pretty clear and avoids most issues you could run into with blind marriages.
    However, your second point:

- Allows you to kill a player who has flagged or attempted to kill your partner without you being "corrupted" or tagged as a combatant.

Is simply to avoid becoming a combatant? You can't become corrupt in that scenario because of the enemy being flagged combatant or corrupt already. To be honest at this point in time with the mechanics I don't see any reason not to flag combatant. Reduced death pens and the like unless they switch it over that is. Feel the non-combatants need the reduced pens.
  • Options
    Hey, I have an addition to your list: "Married but still looking"

Hehe. Okay I will show myself out.

*Note to self: don't quit day job*
  • Options
    Marriage should not give out any advantages like fast travel or buffs. People should not get married just because they get advantages over people that are not! It defeats the romantic and cute side of the concept!   :s
  • Options
    Welphgryn said:
    Hey, I have an addition to your list: "Married but still looking"

Hehe. Okay I will show myself out.

*Note to self: don't quit day job*
    hahah that made me LOL really hard. for some reason that reminded me of that Ashley Madison tag line "Life is short, Have an affair"
  • Options
    Chanelle said:
    Marriage should not give out any advantages like fast travel or buffs. People should not get married just because they get advantages over people that are not! It defeats the romantic and cute side of the concept!   :s
    well it's good to have something for everyone. the females get their romantic walks and cuddles. the guys get the s3x scenes and in game buffs and perks. Win-win situation for everyone
  • Options
    I just think the idea of being with some one you love in real life and in the game is a great idea plus nothing better than killing monsters together to build a relationship 
  • Options
    nagash said:
    I just think the idea of being with some one you love in real life and in the game is a great idea plus nothing better than killing monsters together to build a relationship 
    As my wife, Isende, and I always say... "The family that slays together, stays together.".  :)
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Possum said:
    nagash said:
    As my wife, Isende, and I always say... "The family that slays together, stays together.".  :)

In my gaming marriage its more like me looking after the kids while she kill this dragon while I'm just watching her run off and sighing 
  • Options
    lol thats a fun visual you just gave man
  • Options
    nagash said:

For me it's more like you look after the kids while I kill this dragon while I'm just watching her run off and sighing 
    *rolleyes*
  • Options
    hahahaha
  • Options
    Excluding the sex scenes i could totally back this system
  • Options
    Excluding the sex scenes i could totally back this system
    Look at you, saving sex for marriage!
    Good for you!

;)
  • Options
    Marriage plays very little part in an MMO and the vast majority don't care for it. I think over complicating the system would cost to much development time that would be better suited for other things.

also just cause its a fantasy game doesn't mean its a tool for living a fantasy life, if you want to be married and do all these romantic things you should get off your computer more often and join the real world.
  • Options
    Linking to the old forum is... difficult and now that i fixed it, it freaking ate my post ._.
    Well, here again. Hope it works now, I has some interesting ideas too regarding marriage better said an actuall family system
    Family system
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Don't ask me what happened. I don't know, Forum y u do this?
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    <deleted>
  • Options
    edited June 2017
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    <sigh> sorry
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    >.>
  • Options
    Apok said:
    Marriage plays very little part in an MMO and the vast majority don't care for it. I think over complicating the system would cost to much development time that would be better suited for other things.

also just cause its a fantasy game doesn't mean its a tool for living a fantasy life, if you want to be married and do all these romantic things you should get off your computer more often and join the real world.

i disagree. i think it is integral to the bery fabric of society and how nodes will be built up. and who cares about romantic stuff irl.. you got tinder and grindr for that lol

• Options
    edited June 2017
    Grisu said:
    Linking to the old forum is... difficult it seems, the link just changed int osomething unusable?
    and now that i fixed it, it freaking ate my post ._.
    Well, here it is again.  I think it provides some neet ideas too.
    Family system

I like what you have here. Its a nice starting point. Also agree with the linking married couples banks talked about on your post. Maybe make it so that the are seperate but linked so bound items can't be transfered
  • Options
    Grisu said:
    Linking to the old forum is... difficult it seems, the link just changed int osomething unusable?
    Family system

I like what you have here. Its a nice starting point. Also agree with the linking married couples banks talked about on your post. Maybe make it so that the are seperate but linked so bound items cant be transfered
  • Options
    Grisu said:
    Family system

I like what you have here. Its a nice starting point. Also agree with the linking married couples banks talked about on your post. Maybe make it so that the are seperate but linked so bound items cant be transfered