Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Name an NPC!

Hey All! 

For those of us who got the Leader of Men package or above, we get to name an NPC within the game! However, whether you got those Kickstarter packages or not, tell us what you would do if given the chance to name an NPC in Ashes!

What type of NPC would you want to name, if given a choice?:

What would you name your NPC, and why?:

I'll start us off - I promised my wife that I would name the NPC after her, so I'd do the following -

Type: if given the choice (which I really hope they do) I will ask to name a doctor in one of the nodes (either a generic NPC that acts as the city's physician, or maybe the cleric trainer now that I think of it  :D )

Name: Faith - I don't think this is too immersion-breaking of a name

Would be interesting to hear what your plans for NPC naming are and why you'd choose that one!

Comments

• Options
    Ghyx said:

I'll start us off - I promised my wife that I would name the NPC after her, so I'd do the following -

Great minds think alike @Ghyx

I promised Mrs Kro that I'd name the NPC after her. This brought a massive smile to her face, being a WoW veteran as well. She absolutely gets the magnitude of this.

I'm hoping for an Elf NPC, and I'm either going to name her "Mrs Krojak" (in a joking manner) or name her "Enelyae" (This is the more serious option.) 
  • Options
    Maybe something like 

jugemu jugemu gokou no surikire no suigyoumatsu unraimatsu fuuraimatsu kuuneru kaijarisuigyo tokoro ni yabura no tokoro defeated kouji bura kouji paipo paipo no shuuringan shuuringan no guurindai guurindai no ponpokopii no ponpokonaa no choukyuumei no chousuke 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aMrWFD3LWYU

• Options
    I didn't get that option in the package I chose, but I did think about that opportunity when I saw it.  I initially thought that I would come up with some kind of interesting character name, but then I realized that all the interesting character names I come up with are ones I want to actually play.  ;)

So I ended up coming to the realization that I would probably end up naming one after my mother.  She's been gone almost 7 years now, but I still miss her every day.
    So if I named a NPC after her, I could always run by her in game and say "Hi Mom" to myself. 

:/ I'm turning into a sentimental old dwarf. 
  • Options
    I could upgrade my pledges to name npcs after my wife. 

After she sees the bills and leaves me I'd have more time to play as well. 

:# 
  • Options
    I could upgrade my pledges to name npcs after my wife. 

After she sees the bills and leaves me I'd have more time to play as well. 

:# 
    Or you could position it as you really wanted to have an NPC named after her so felt compelled to spend the extra cash as a result :)

I do not recommend this approach lol
  • Options
    Only if I would have the possibility to name a NPC, I would either call them a friend or a foe just to kill them later on and laugh about it.
  • Options
    here's me thinking about a funny name for NPCs and all of you have heartfelt names that a well thought out and meaningful. well back to the old drawing board 
  • Options
    I'll probably name mine after my daughter or son(whichever sex the NPC is) and just not tell the other one because I'm not spending $2000.
  • Options
    Quemoto for a fallen guild-master who went back to the real world..."shivers"
  • Options
    Well one more month to consider upgrading to LoM. 
  • Options
    @Kratz ouch lol. I guess we'll know who the favorite is :P 
    @nagash yeah, I came here for laughs, not feels :'( . I thought this would be another Xantham's inn thread!

In all seriousness though, if you're spending that much money, go with someone IRL that is meaningful to you. Heck, it might not even have to be a person. You could probably name a NPC animal after your pet if the devs allow it.
  • Options
    Solarion said:
    @Kratz ouch lol. I guess we'll know who the favorite is :P 
    @nagash yeah, I came here for laughs, not feels :'( . I thought this would be another Xantham's inn thread!

In all seriousness though, if you're spending that much money, go with someone IRL that is meaningful to you. Heck, it might not even have to be a person. You could probably name a NPC animal after your pet if the devs allow it.
    Here's hoping someone names the head of the Thieve's Guild after their cat Sparkles!!
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2017
    And entire race of "Rowsdowers" would be awesome. 

• Options
    edited June 2017
    Some interesting ideas pop into mind:

- naming a clown NPC (that's part of Ashes circus) as a particular politician
    - naming a rare bear in the forest like your mother in law
    - naming anything while you are completely wasted
  • Options
    Well I would name my guy lord skellington the thrid
  • Options
    Lucky wife :0 sadly my man won't pledge and he'd disown me if I spent that money on naming an npc ^^ My name isn't cool enough to be given to an npc anyway so your all saved from a terribly named npc! 
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    I'll name it Meg! Hope that it lurks in a corner hiding away from the people before jumping out and vomiting 'spam' all over them.

PS: I feel sad, I don't have a wife. I could name them after Thor my bloke but I'm not sure that he'd be at all fussed.. . Well that and I'd have to admit to how much money I've spent... Maybe we'll get disowned together @Diura , then run away together and start a gaming cult shaming partners.

I'd not mind, only before I moved in he spent most of his spare time playing WoW.... somehow I'm reminded of was it Cassandra the troll?
    Anyway he said the game sounded good so I might be able to pursuade him to change his mind when he gets more fed up of spending his evenings with me.

• Options
    Glinda! OOOOH that'll be my npc then. :dizzy:

• Options
    Afraid i have to go for the funnies instead of the sentimentals, as such 'Soft Peter' shall be born as an NPC  :D
  • Options
    Probably going to stick with the theme of naming mine after my wife. Hadn't given any thought about whether you could request a specific NPC with a fitting profession but that would be cool..
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    If I were to name an NPC....
    My ex moved several states away before giving birth to our daughter.  Because of this, i don't get to spend anywhere near enough time visiting her.  Usually, it involves a 5 hour drive each way to spend Saturday and Sunday with her a couple times a month.  

I would definitely name it after my daughter, so I'd get a "warm and fuzzy" feeling when I visit the NPC in-game.   Her name even works for a fantasy environment: Eliana.  If Ashes withstands the tests of time, I would even be able to introduce her to herself, which would be a super cool moment!    ^.^

I'd ask that she be placed somewhere that offers respite from the harsh wilds, perhaps near an "oasis" of sorts.  Maybe a place of healing or a holy location in the world.  Either way, definitely a place of happiness and peace.
    =)
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    naming an NPC . anne Npeesee