Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

The Arcanum - a Mage discussion thread!

2»

Comments

• Options

In terms of talents/trees, of course the ideal for me would be a few main trees that dictate your role with sub-trees within them that dictate play style. Maybe something like an Elemental Tree with Fire (straight DPS) and Ice (cc-based dps). An Arcane Tree with Illusionist (small scale hard cc/tricks [PvP?]) and Mesmer (larger scale hard cc). 

Maybe as you choose your subclass it opens up its own individual skill "tree" that every few levels you pick from one of several options (similar to how the WoW "tree" is set up).

• Options
    Welphgryn said:
    Can we be the first MMO to address the Mage attire? 

I'm tired of calling the clothes my mage wears a robe. I want to call it what it really is, a dress. A man dress. 

#notashamed
    Are there men who dont wear dresses?!
  • Options
    @Karthos

Yeah there are. They live with the shameful title of "Liar"
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2017
    Welphgryn said:

I'm tired of calling the clothes my mage wears a robe. I want to call it what it really is, a dress. A man dress. 

#notashamed
    I never understood all this "cloth armor is robes only" stuff, to be honest. Robes are highly impractical if you're in the wilderness (anywhere but a town/city really). I imagine cloth armor has to be made of cloth, just that and nothing more.

A couple examples: 

• Options
    Karthos said:
    Welphgryn said:

#notashamed
    Are there men who dont wear dresses?!
    I forgot how the conversation went years ago, but I remember one time my grandma told me "sometimes, you just gotta let it hang."

I laughed and cried at the same time. I still to this day can't remember exactly what we were talking about when she said that. I think I didn't have any underwear or something.

Okay we're getting to comfortable on these forums. I'm revealing way too much information haha
  • Options
    I want an actual Necromancer though, undead spells, raising the dead, etc. I want to be a lich, that is all
    I, too, would like the option of being able to make a necromancer class.  Though, a warlock class would be my first preference.  

As to the "want to be a lich" part, I think you may have to get approval from the forums "First Lich" @nagash, lol.  Lich's can be pretty stuffy about who they let in the club.   :p
  • Options
    @nagash is indeed the "First Lich." 
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2017
    @nagash is also a wealthy lich. The Necropolis hero from Heroes of Might and Magic 3 named Nagash has a specialty that gave him +350 gold each turn  B)
  • Options
    Ashes doesn't have armor restrictions.
    You can wear a plate dress if you want to.
  • Options
    Dygz said:
    Yes, but it'll be a tradeoff - say, more armor/survivability, less mobility/mana/etc. Otherwise there's no reason not to wear plate.
  • Options
    Lilem said:
    Dygz said:
    Yes, but it'll be a tradeoff - say, more armor/survivability, less mobility/mana/etc. Otherwise there's no reason not to wear plate.
    Quite true. Players will also have the option to patch together their own style of armor, based on their particular playstyle.  Or, so I assume, if armor is truly agnostic, as stated by the devs.  

You can combine some pieces of heavy, and light armor, to balance your spell casting ability, and maneuverability, with protection.
  • Options
    Quite true. Players will also have the option to patch together their own style of armor, based on their particular playstyle.  Or, so I assume, if armor is truly agnostic, as stated by the devs.  

You can combine some pieces of heavy, and light armor, to balance your spell casting ability, and maneuverability, with protection.
    I don't think i'll be able to contain myself if I ever see a tank dressed in cloth. 

• Options
    lexmax said:
    I'm chewing nails waiting for more info on this myself.

@Ezenkrul87 I think Summoner/Rogue may be the Necromancer archetype.

@Talismanian I'm guessing that Mage/Bard will be the Spellweaver.
    I want an actual Necromancer though, undead spells, raising the dead, etc. I want to be a lich, that is all

Sounds like a summoner. One of the summoner combo classes? 
  • Options
    Dygz said:
    A tempting fashion trend, indeed.