Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

What's the level cap?

I've been following this game on and off for quite a while. But, I can't find any information on a level cap.

Comments

• Options
    I don not believe there has been a level cap announce yet, but I could be wrong 
  • Options
    Not set yet.  I hope they have a better system then just an our right  level cap considering the nature of the game.
  • Options
    Would you prefer something like a soft level cap where it would be possible but take a lot of exp in game?  or something like an alternate advancement system?
  • Options
    Would you prefer something like a soft level cap where it would be possible but take a lot of exp in game?  or something like an alternate advancement system?
    After playing BDO and absolutely hating the grind and rng in that, I'd prefer an alternate advancement system.
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2017
    I hope there is a hard cap it will be hell to ballance raids and city sieges.

Its giong to be pretty bad if the softcap is 57 and your final skills are at lvl 60 and people spam in group lfm people to raid lvl 60 only. because some people just dont want to grind the same mobs for a month.
  • Options
    Malric said:
    After playing BDO and absolutely hating the grind and rng in that, I'd prefer an alternate advancement system.
    I recently was playing a game that at first was confusing.  There was no actual "leveling system" where many wanted to race to the top.  Your abilities increased as you used them making you stronger therefore enabling you to use better armor and weapons.  When you traveled to different areas you tested the waters more or less to see if you could handle the monsters. Their hit levels showed.   There were no level zones as you could encounter a large variety of weak or strong adversaries.  It made the game more interesting and the path of progressing more immersive and real like.  Most everything you did, from crafting, gathering, adventuring helped make your character stronger.  It was your choice how you grew or what you did to help the community.  I saw more comradery there then any game I've played in a long while.   
  • Options
    Malric said:
    I recently was playing a game that at first was confusing.  There was no actual "leveling system" where many wanted to race to the top.  Your abilities increased as you used them making you stronger therefore enabling you to use better armor and weapons.  When you traveled to different areas you tested the waters more or less to see if you could handle the monsters. Their hit levels showed.   There were no level zones as you could encounter a large variety of weak or strong adversaries.  It made the game more interesting and the path of progressing more immersive and real like.  Most everything you did, from crafting, gathering, adventuring helped make your character stronger.  It was your choice how you grew or what you did to help the community.  I saw more comradery there then any game I've played in a long while.   
    I'm pretty certain this is the approach Ashes are going for. If I remember right one of the streams was saying that mob levels wouldn't be restricted to zones etc and the levelling experience won't be zoned either. Especially since some mobs will appear and disappear depending on what happens in our environment xD maybe easy mobs will come or maybe really tough ones come that win until we are strong to defeat them.

Because of this I've no idea how levelling or how the cap will work. You don't need to grind in ashes thank goodness since the world will be diverse in what you can do and I believe everything will contribute to your character and nodes development ^^
  • Options
    They could make it "infinite" cap, but after certain level you just won't get anymore stats or anything from new levels just virtual levels.

Now you ask what if the cap is at 50 and they release new expansion and your virtual level is 56 and cap is raised to 55? What if those "Virtual levels" were seasonal and you could gain some cosmetic rewards from it?
  • Options
    As long as they don't make it as high as the last MMO I played, which was level 275 lol 
  • Options
    Why level cap? Why don't get a system like in TSW?
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Welphgryn said:
    As long as they don't make it as high as the last MMO I played, which was level 275 lol 

Crikey, now that is a second job lol. Usually max level is when the game really begins.
  • Options
    The number 50 was being kicked around but the actual lvl cap is still up for discussion :)
  • Options
    So far from what I've heard around 45-50.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    I can handle a level system long as it's done well. I'm kinda liking what @CylverRayne was talking about though. Definitely would be a fun change of pace and make your skill choices more of a personal thing.
  • Options
    Why don't we remove levels and just have skill progression or class progression?
  • Options
    I would love to have a system like Runescape (don't hate me) as in that every level could be learned but only combat skills increased your level that we it still reflects you combat level and all your pve skills are not added to your total level 
  • Options
    Found it...

• Options
  • Options
    They have given no numbers on this but had stated on a live stream it would take the average player around 45-60 days to reach it.
  • Options

I propose a 3 steps leveling, the first 50 levels (2-3 weeks to achieve through active gameplay) are somehow easy to achieve in order to have already an active duty during siege/caravans events. The second step (till 100) must be already harder to achieve (2-3 months).  The formal top could be at the soft cap lvl 100. The third step could be the hardcore one, with geometrical progress of required Xp in order to unlock the next level. At this stage it might take 1 week active gameplay till the next level. The character’s death with Xp penalties will have the roll to auto regulate the levels of the top players.
    Only the best could really remain on the top and everybody else could in time reach the top players.
    P. S. There is also an level lock for PvE required. By a level difference between player an monster from 15%+ they could stop giving Xp, and from a higher difference (20%+) the could stop dropping loot. The top players will then let the low level monsters to weaker players and the game could have an normal ecosystem.

• Options
    Leipuri said:
    They could make it "infinite" cap, but after certain level you just won't get anymore stats or anything from new levels just virtual levels.

Now you ask what if the cap is at 50 and they release new expansion and your virtual level is 56 and cap is raised to 55? What if those "Virtual levels" were seasonal and you could gain some cosmetic rewards from it?

You mean as we get higher in level we might earn the cosmetics to cover the signs of our aging?   What a dream if they never wore off! 
  • Options
    Maxgraves said:

I propose a 3 steps leveling, the first 50 levels (2-3 weeks to achieve through active gameplay) are somehow easy to achieve in order to have already an active duty during siege/caravans events. The second step (till 100) must be already harder to achieve (2-3 months).  The formal top could be at the soft cap lvl 100. The third step could be the hardcore one, with geometrical progress of required Xp in order to unlock the next level. At this stage it might take 1 week active gameplay till the next level. The character’s death with Xp penalties will have the roll to auto regulate the levels of the top players.
    Only the best could really remain on the top and everybody else could in time reach the top players.
    P. S. There is also an level lock for PvE required. By a level difference between player an monster from 15%+ they could stop giving Xp, and from a higher difference (20%+) the could stop dropping loot. The top players will then let the low level monsters to weaker players and the game could have an normal ecosystem.

People that don't work would easily power-level through those two to three weeks then decimate other players.
  • Options
    I just hope that it's not an extreme grind like you have to spend 1 month just for 1 level...
  • Options
    Raymond said:
    I just hope that it's not an extreme grind like you have to spend 1 month just for 1 level...
    Sounds too much like real life to even be worth logging on ;)
  • Options
    Raymond said:
    See it might me the masochist in me but that does sound like fun ^^
  • Options
    yeah nagash- like the old EQ "hell levels" that required double the xp to get through.
    best ones were "woohoo now lvl 45 so I can enter raid "X" "
    dies in raid, drops below 45 with rez,
    can't get back to corpse recover because you're not 45 and can't enter the raid area anymore.
    beg someone to spend 30 minutes or so to get you back to 45 again.

those were the days :)
  • Options
    Kratz said:
    Raymond said:
    It takes me a whole year to gain one level IRL, but I'm not ready to log out just yet :hushed:
  • Options
    lexmax said:
    Kratz said:
    Raymond said:
    It takes me a whole year to gain one level IRL, but I'm not ready to log out just yet :hushed:
    Was that a dig at me?! ok ok, I'm going :D
  • Options
    lexmax said:
    Kratz said:
    Raymond said:

The old bones tell me it takes less than a year to make a level!
  • Options
    Kratz said:
    lexmax said:
    Kratz said:
    Raymond said:
    Was that a dig at me?! ok ok, I'm going :D
    Dear @Kratz, whatever I said to offend you was totally unintentional! But now the fire's lit, I'll run with it :smirk: