Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

What is your "Go To" Game?

Wonderful Ashes community. You are like my family, as my real family tried to sell me for a sack of potatoes in 2002. I was only worth about 3 potatoes, so I was sent to live in... but I digress...

As we all sit patiently (some more so than others) for this marvel of a game to be given unto us, I've been going through my games and picking up a few that I always seem to go back to when I'm not currently engrossed with something. 

The game  just keep going back to for what ever reason is Medieval 2. It just calls to the inner King in me, to raise an army, wear ill-fitted metal hats and oppress the people. 

What games are your "Go To" games  you find yourself going back to time and time again when you currently aren't playing anything? Any suggestions to help pass the time?

Comments

• Options
    Did you mean 
    Medieval 2 Total War??? 
  • Options
    Cuz yeah I love that game... Right now it's still one of my go-to games, although I played some Rome 2 Total war recently as well. Some other of my favourite games include World of Tanks, World of Warships, Civilisation IV, Crusader Kings, Minecraft (don't kill me), and since recently Guild  Wars 2.
  • Options
    my 2 games i currently keep heading back to when i have nothing else to do is minecraft and counter strike source. both games cover all my bases for what i feel like doing for now. pvp and pve lol
  • Options
    I've been playing a lot of Divinity Original Sin 2 (ea). Trying out different builds. It's gonna be out in September so can't wait!  B)
  • Options
    Civ 5. I love playing as Elizabeth racing to get the ship of the line and then wiping everyone else out.
  • Options
    Warhammer total war. Dawn of war and war of the overworld as you can see  im a huge rts gamer ^^
  • Options
    GaFl4Ever said:
    Cuz yeah I love that game... Right now it's still one of my go-to games, although I played some Rome 2 Total war recently as well. Some other of my favourite games include World of Tanks, World of Warships, Civilisation IV, Crusader Kings, Minecraft (don't kill me), and since recently Guild  Wars 2.
    No hate for minecraft here, it is one of my go to games, civil iii and iv are my other ones atm
  • Options
    Heroes of the Storm.
    I played dota when it was a wc3 fun map... I tried League of Legends, Heroes of Neverth, Dota2... but Heroes of the Storm is just the most fun (especially since 2.0)
  • Options
    I really enjoy playing Heroes of the storm, always liked mobas but the rest of them has kinda lost my interest, since i also watch anime alot if like playing warframe since its a game i can play while watching something else. Though my favorite game is evolve, sadly it failed big time so i cant go back anymore QQ
  • Options
    good ol' Age of Empires II and III, every now and then I find myself playing it.

Apart from that, I may chose between a Total War game or an Assassin's Creed, or, maybe, a Dragon Age one. But it's more likely that I play the latest one than I replay an old one.

Oh, I played the remastered version of Baldur's Gate and The Ice Wind Dale... almost cried... what times they were!
  • Options

I'm not sure whether I have a go to game but there are three (franchises) that I've spent far more hours playing them than I care to remember:

(1) Dragon Age series

(2) GTA series

(3) The Witcher series

I tend to be the same with games as films. Once I've completed I tend not to play them again. I play MMOs more than anything but these 3 worlds keep drawing me back. :)

• Options
    I bounce back and forth between Overwatch and Total War: Warhammer. It used to be World of Warcraft, but I hate that game now, which is sad since I put a good 10 years into the game.
  • Options
    Not even certain what it is about this game that keeps me coming back, but I always do; Aion. It is rather old and dying, but still keeps pulling me back into it like once every year. I guess it is just due to me trying anything else out there, but realizing it's all the same.
    Seriously just cannot wait for Ashes to be released, hoping to stay for a veeeery long time!
  • Options
    Overwatch.

No really, I'm either addicted to an MMO to the point where nothing else exists, or I enjoy shooters. They're pretty extreme on the spectrum of things, but when you take competitiveness into account, it all makes sense in the end.
  • Options
    I keep going back to Marvel Heroes... Why can't I quit it. 
  • Options
    Is it not that good a game? I was tempted to give it a shot when all the Avenger stuff came to film but in truth, I've never played it.
  • Options
    The Sims series, it's what I go to when my life is either in a rut or going so smooth. I also go back to X-Com 2 a lot.
  • Options
    7 Days to Die (with friends) or Don't Starve. :)
  • Options
    Kratz said:
    Is it not that good a game? I was tempted to give it a shot when all the Avenger stuff came to film but in truth, I've never played it.

Hmmm, it's a fun romp. Far from perfect, but it's free to play. Not really very deep. Heh. 
  • Options

Superficial suits me sweetly :)

• Options
    Minecraft is also one I enjoy. I even run my own server!

Yes, Medieval 2 Total War @GaFl4Ever
  • Options
    I enjoy an occasional Order and Chaos 2.
  • Options
    I have completed Dark Messiah of Might and Magic so many times but I keep going back to it. Its just a brilliant game. 
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited July 2017
    Well, I don't know why, but every single time League of Legends manages to drag me into it again even though I've tried multiple times to quit... I think it's because my mother uses to much salt on our food, so I have to go back to the best salt mine in the world to prevent our stock of salt from running out....

Oh, and Stronghold Crusader and Rome total war! Those games are gems!

• Options
    Path of Exile is clearly the frontrunner. It even seems to have the best cosmetic Cash Shop on top of stellar and very open gameplay. Very much looking forward to the new patch.

Diablo 3 sometimes pulls me in for a run, but that gets old quick as it turns into farm runs of the same stuff over again.

Anything Elder Scrolls is always nostaliga in a bottle for me so I try and keep that close.
  • Options
    This is going to sound so bland compared to the rest, but my goto game for the last four years at least has been Minecraft :) I love this game and I can't quite explain why!
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited July 2017
    lexmax said:
    This is going to sound so bland compared to the rest, but my goto game for the last four years at least has been Minecraft :) I love this game and I can't quite explain why!
    Forgot to mention Minecraft on my list. Playing that game too every now and then :) Not multiplayer though! Only playing multiplayer with friends, if not, then I'm going to single player. Don't like the community, way to many kids.
  • Options
    Anything Elder Scrolls since (the original) 'Morrowind' in 2002...now on ESO (but not the 2017 Morrowind yet!)...
  • Options
    Its a bit of a shame I feel: Euro Truck Simulator / American Truck Simulator / Fallout 4 and Skyrim are my games when I'm bored of all other games. The sim games are the ones I play when I need to relax, FO4 and Skyrim do I play when I need to level up some things and grind. I don't play MMORPG's very often anymore because i'm bored of them all.
  • Options
    Neopets is love, Neopets in life.