Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Who would like an 'off-topic' category on the forums?

ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
edited June 2017 in Forum and Discord Help
Who would like to see a new category for the awesome chatter that's not directly related to Ashes?

(I vaguely recall an earlier poll like this but I can't find it, so I apologise if this was done before. )

Comments

• Options
    ^^ yup
  • Options
    Please do the forums are a grave yard of dead post that have no meaning any more
  • Options
    I have a feeling that us frequent "jibber jabbers" are all for this one....
  • Options
    I need a place to vent my pent up frustrations and passions. Yes please! Trying really hard to not turn General Chat into an off-topic.
  • Options
    I need a place to post about all the fun adventures that @lexmax and I will have someday! 

• Options
    I need a place to post about all the fun adventures that @lexmax and I will have someday! 

LOL! That looks so wrong, but I can't lie, it feels so right :astonished:
  • Options
    And yeah, we :star::star::star:'s gotta get our asses into gear!
  • Options
    Stars mean nothing really as you can get two stars in a hour
  • Options
    lexmax said:

LOL! That looks so wrong, but I can't lie, it feels so right :astonished:
    Just imagine a montage of scenes like that, set to this music:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eiwpZS3Vqg

Bawhaha!

• Options
    nagash said:
    Stars mean nothing really as you can get two stars in a hour
    Oh sure, there 'ye go belittling the stars just because 'ye can't see them from your deep dark dungeons! 
    ;)
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    This would be good. Been meaning to talk to @lexmax about rugby ever since I found out he was a Kiwi. 
  • Options
    That the pot calling the kettle bok if I have ever seen it
  • Options
    Just imagine a montage of scenes like that, set to this music:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_eiwpZS3Vqg

Bawhaha!

By the stars of bro'manc'e! That's the cheesiest shit I've ever seen and heard.

I LOVE IT! :blush:
  • Options
    nagash said:
    That the pot calling the kettle bok if I have ever seen it
    AH ha!  Yes, its true, I don't often see the stars from deep down in the dwarven strongholds and mines..... but I still value their beauty!  Their grace!  Their magical power of inspiration, introspection, and sense of wonder!

Of course, it could also be because they look like gemstones.

But that other stuff I said, that's good too!

• Options
    Kratz said:
    This would be good. Been meaning to talk to @lexmax about rugby ever since I found out he was a Kiwi. 
    Now there's a topic that a MMORPG gaming nerd like myself has abundant knowledge of :wink: 

I went outside earlier... It was really bright!

I hurried back indoors and went straight to the Ashes forum.

Ahhhh... :relieved:
  • Options
    There are a few sub forums we need but some are better for down the road ^^ Off-Topic is a must though xD so many frog pictures I need to share QQ
  • Options
    Diura said:
    There are a few sub forums we need but some are better for down the road ^^ Off-Topic is a must though xD so many frog pictures I need to share QQ
    I had a Froglok Wizard in EQ2 named Bombalask Glurpgloom.  (The guild mates called him 'La Bomba.) He wore the traditional pointy wizard hat.

You would have liked him. 
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    lexmax said:
    Kratz said:
    Now there's a topic that a MMORPG gaming nerd like myself has abundant knowledge of :wink: 

Are you telling me there are New Zealanders that don't know anything about rugby? Next you'll be telling me you don't know who Jonah Lomu is??!! Well, no point for off topic now then. Cancel it. 
  • Options
    Kratz said:
    lexmax said:
    Kratz said:

Are you telling me there are New Zealanders that don't know anything about rugby? Next you'll be telling me you don't know who Jonah Lomu is??!! Well, no point for off topic now then. Cancel it. 
    This is like saying there is a Canadian that knows nothing about hockey!
  • Options
    Diura said:
    I had a Froglok Wizard in EQ2 named Bombalask Glurpgloom.  (The guild mates called him 'La Bomba.) He wore the traditional pointy wizard hat.

You would have liked him. 
    That name! HAHAHA! Still cleaning the coffee out of my keyboard...
  • Options
    Krojak said:
    Kratz said:
    lexmax said:
    Kratz said:

Well, I was going to make a sheep joke but I could hear @Nagash in my head going "pot kettle black". 
  • Options
    Krojak said:
    Kratz said:
    lexmax said:
    Kratz said:

See, I knew it @Krojak, I knew you were Karl Urban! You know far too much not to be :tongue:
  • Options
    lexmax said:
    Krojak said:
    Kratz said:
    lexmax said:
    Kratz said:

See, I knew it @Krojak, I knew you were Karl Urban! You know far too much not to be :tongue:
    I am NO Karl Urban! Though, I am Canadian. However no one seems to believe me...
  • Options
    Kratz said:
    Krojak said:

Well, I was going to make a sheep joke but I could hear @Nagash in my head going "pot kettle black". 
    Now that gave me a mighty laugh!
  • Options
    Say "no doubt about it" and I'll believe you :wink:
  • Options
    @Krojak @Kratz Or that the fans of Ashes don't like cricket. 

That should be the forum's official sport. 

Back to the op:

As fun as the open season topics of discussions are. The forum would benefit from an off topic section. Allowing the community to unleash themselves and not feel guilty for starting odd topics in general. 

@yaviey, what do you think? 
  • Options
    Would be a nice addition, so we can stop flooding the general category forum xD
  • Options
    Ohhyes please 
  • Options
    To be far every thread we use becomes off topic ^^
  • Options
    i can bring it up with the team for you guys, no promises though :smile:

This discussion has been closed.