Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Caravans and Raiding

The more I learn about this game the more convinced I am that PvP will end up becoming the most deciding factor of a servers direction.

And with that it seems to me that establishing trade caravans, protecting trade caravans, and raiding trade caravans will be the most immediate, lucrative, and expedient way of bringing competing nodes to their knees.

What do we know so far about...

- The general behavior of caravans?
- The recommended strategies of raiding a caravan?
- The ramifications and the benefits for those raiding caravans?

Comments

• Options

@Hinbane? Have you seen vids by a youtuber called Death Proxy? I have a feeling he'd be a great resource for someone trying to learn more about the game. I know this has been discussed in other threads but I know that some people have had difficulties with the search function so here is a link for you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=exzc1P2ka1A&list=PLJvvIDgksu7OluQF-IeSzwh_AlEMe8m7s&index=1

I hope it helps :)

• Options
    Thanks @Kratz!! Yes, the search function has not been working for me. Sorry for the double post if it's been discussed elsewhere.
  • Options
    Certainly no need for an apology my friend. Hope it helps.
  • Options
    Hinbane said:
    The more I learn about this game the more convinced I am that PvP will end up becoming the most deciding factor of a servers direction.

And with that it seems to me that establishing trade caravans, protecting trade caravans, and raiding trade caravans will be the most immediate, lucrative, and expedient way of bringing competing nodes to their knees.

What do we know so far about...

- The general behavior of caravans?
    - The recommended strategies of raiding a caravan?
    - The ramifications and the benefits for those raiding caravans?

Hinbane   

Here is a video by deathbyproxy.  on caravans that will answer some of your questions as best as any could.  He has some great videos and has interviewed the Devs.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=267LfQgNv-E