Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Which Weapon Would you like to see the most?

ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
edited June 2017 in Ashes of Creation Design
I tried to keep the options away from the typical ones we're used to seeing in mmos or ones we know haven't been confirmed.

Comments

• Options
    FYI i chose flail because the witch king in LOTR is bad ass
  • Options
    Scythe, strictly for @nagash to reap his souls with.
  • Options
    A little guy I taught to play these games always called my meat tenderizer mallet,  my special war hammer!

• Options
    I will porbably play a Cleric healer, so yeah, War Hammer it is.
  • Options
      here's my  war hammer!      Works wonders.  The steak never talks back!                                 
  • Options
    @CylverRayne  if they go ahead with the idea of a crafting suite for weapons/armor/etc you could recreate the meat tenderizer!
  • Options
    @Krojak yeah i think the scythe is the go to for everyone dreaming of cool weapons ^^
  • Options
    An unfortunately short list.  There's so many death delivery vehicles to choose from!
  • Options
    @Severok
    These were the ones that were cool to me off the top of my head. Plus I didn't want to skew the results by having too many options. What did you want to see on here?
  • Options
    Greatswords have to be my all time favorite.  I also play casters quite a bit so seeing staves/rods/wands/offhand combos would be cool too.
  • Options
    GIVE ME THE OBLITERATOR SO I MIGHT SMITE MY ENEMY AND SWAY THE FLOW OF BATTAL.

Give me a war hammer that might ring through the ages as THE unstoppable object against my wall shield known only as the immovable object.
  • Options
    I will name my scythe void bringer
  • Options
    For me, there is nothing like a dwarf holding a warhammer to crack some skulls. Still, scythes can beautiful to wield if their art is done correctly.
  • Options
    Kesarakk said:
    For me, there is nothing like a dwarf holding a warhammer to crack some skulls. Still, scythes can beautiful to wield if their art is done correctly.
    Its a clumsy weapon but when used by a master of the art of death you see it not as a weapon but as part of your very own will to rule over all life 
  • Options
      here's my  war hammer!      Works wonders.  The steak never talks back!                                 
    j-just what sort of steak do you cook with?!

I imagine clerics are going to have some sort of rule against blades, so I would probably like a flail or whip.  get my inner vampire hunter going!
  • Options
    In terms of hammers, I hope both 1 Handed and 2 handed styles will be available. 

Some games decide not to make the distinction, and just have 2 handed hammers while only offering maces for 1 handed configurations.  I am always disappointed in those cases. 
  • Options
    Flail since weighted cat of nine tails wasn't an option. 
  • Options

Not much love for throwing axes, I guess. 

It's a pity. I'd love to see those little fellas flying around the battlegrounds. Like the happy, spinning butterflies of slaughter they are.

*clears throat* 
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Honestly I would love to see some crazy looking sickles. Scythes would be cooler imo, but I think too many people would use them.

Flails could be cool too for some melee classes.
  • Options
    I'd love to see some cool glaives, or some variations of fist weapons. I also think crossbows are under represented in games, at least compared to the bow. Sure show me the nimble ranger out in the woods, but also how about a few heavily armored arbalests walking around? We can call them cannon-knights.
  • Options
    I would like throwing weapons such as ninja stars or throwing daggers.
  • Options
    I went with throwing, since it is harder to see the attack coming :)
  • Options
    Not on the list at all, but I'd personally want to see Katar.  I have the intention of going assassin.  (which in my head is rogue / fighter ) and really, katar are a requirement for that.

Of the list though, sickle.
  • Options
    Throwing knife 100%
  • Options
    I picked throwing because it's the best on the list but, I'd like to see a character use a chain! *Get over here!*
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Flail since I have not seen a flex weapon since DAoC. We finally have the FX to make it work, now to implement it in a current game.
  • Options
    wowfood said:
    Not on the list at all, but I'd personally want to see Katar.  
    /sign

Katar would be awesome.
  • Options
    Trident and net please.
  • Options
    i voted war hammer, since that would be the best option from that list.

a great tin opener and i can smash nagash filthy bones if he gets too greedy with his undead empire

• Options
    I would love Scythes, eather one big 2H or two smaller 1H as a dual wield, like in game Darksiders II for instance