Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Which Weapon Would you like to see the most?

2»

Comments

• Options
    A whip please. Nothing says you're my B@#%$ then a whip to the face or back in battle.
  • Options
    I didn't expect this to spark such a conversation. I honestly wish they add all these weapons as well as all the ones mention below. Gotta say though, the chain / scorpion weapon has to be my most hyped out of everything said. 
  • Options
    A good spear or glaive, rarely done correctly in MMO's.
  • Options
    my prefernce is for a hand and half sword but those are complicated to code since they are designed to be used with one hand for certain stokes and two hands for others.

With one hand you extend your reach and speed but you risk over extending and being disarmed due to the weight of the sword being away from your body while it does allow for wearing an arming shield or buckler that can be discarded or hung off a belt when gripping with the second hand it is still a lot of fun to play with.

Flails are expensive polygon wise but are fun to wield. But when it really comes down to it there are not that many different weapons.

Axes: a shaft with an axe head used to apply an wide angle blade edge to chip away at armour or logs. The wider angle is not as sharp but the weight of a hammer head behind it cause the wider blade to cut through things that is harder to cut through with a sharper blade that has less force behind the impact point.
    Hammers and maces: that are clubs with a flat or flanges head
    Swords and Daggers: that vary in size and shape depending on the materials that were on hand to make swords out of and the things the swords had to cut through
    Flails, Aspergillum (note these in modern day are small balls on chains with holes in them them to bless people with holy water, they are used to get the clean holy water as far across a cathedral as possible), ball and chain, and whips that hit at high speed and use the momentum of the chains with some kind of weight at the end to whip it towards the opponent.
    Spears, Pikes and pole arms: a long wood or metal staff that has a harden end with usually some kind of metal bits to be used at a longer reach. A pike is sixteen feet long and ends in a two foot long spear point. A lob-chopper axe is a ten to twelve foot long pole with a massive axe of halberd head.
    Fist and foot weapons that are designed to inflict damage while moving with the natural motion of the foot or fist instead of perpendicular to it.

Note that some blades are designed to duplicate effects of axes and hammers. claymores were not that sharp but cut through thinner armour because at the falling point of the blade hitting armour four feet of steel swung through the air has the momentum of the tip having to travel faster then the parts close to the handle. Most heavy great swords are designed to chop off the metal head of pikes and polearms so that the wood shatters and the pikeman in light arm was then bowled over by a heavy infantry choking up on the blade to use it more like a short spear with not handle for their opponent to grab.

Then of course you get into bows recurve and compound, crossbows, and guns... but the scythe and sickle both fit in their, the sickle being more of danger despite it's shape and the scythe being a grain scythe that is polearm. A chain whip and rod of three parts are really fails of some kind. The original grain flails were long wooden rods chained to short wooden handles.

Though if we are going to have fun I would say a what if?
    A epee or rapier at right hip, hung over a hand and half sword, a chain whip wrapped around the left arm, a long twenty inch bladed sword breaking dagger strapped across the back along the belt with the handle jutting out the left side, and heater shield slung over the back. As long as the hand and half has a ball pommel you can actually walk around in that it is hot and heavy but I have done stage combat in that kind of gear.

• Options
    I chose flail, because you just don't see them in MMOs..... and they are badass!

• Options
    I just like the warhammer, in every game!
  • Options
    I would personally love to see a spear or pole-arm weapon done right. Not many games I've played that had them. 
  • Options
    I'd be pretty awesome if there was a hand bell (Like those the mikos had used for rituals) weapon for clerics and maybe summoners~
  • Options
    I would quite like to see spear and shield
  • Options
    Though it's probably never gonna happen, I would love to see a harp like the muse in aion ;n;
  • Options
    makinoji said:
    A whip please. Nothing says you're my B@#%$ then a whip to the face or back in battle.
    I just want to be Indy, as he has always been my hero... so i vote whip with you.
  • Options
    Yuukie said:
    Though it's probably never gonna happen, I would love to see a harp like the muse in aion ;n;
    I vote this too!
    Don't give up hope Yukie!
    If there are bards, there's bound to be instruments! ₍₍ ◝(●˙꒳˙●)◜ ₎₎
  • Options
    Maybe something like a halberd or pike weapon :wink:
  • Options
    By any chance, are there any other Yatagan lovers, as I am? It's just another short/medium size sword, of course, but I deeply revere this kind of design.

Those curves, man.
  • Options
    Rhoqaro said:
    By any chance, are there any other Yatagan lovers, as I am? It's just another short/medium size sword, of course, but I deeply revere this kind of design.

Those curves, man.

I kind of like kukris more. 

Something to be said about a design that still in use in modern times.

• Options
    I wouldn't say no to a Ruby Rose kinda Scythe or Qrow's Scythe,

#RWBY
  • Options
    Rhoqaro said:

Those curves, man.
    oh yes would love those. As other weapons like falcatas, falx, messer, khopesh and other single edged weapons
  • Options
    For me, as a lover all all things assassiny, I'm really hoping for a pair of katar to be a weapon option.  There's something that's appealed to me about the weapon ever since the days of Ragnarok Online. It just fits so perfectly.
  • Options

This is no mere weapon. It is an expression of my right to rule, and the deliverer of my royal wrath. Together, we have scoured gods from heaven and shattered the power of the perfidious C’tan. Now it has come to accept your fealty, or grant your death. Which do you choose?
  • Options
    Two-headed boomerang ax. 
  • Options
    So when I was younger I played an RPG called 

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning

This game suffocated my mind with fantasy, I would delve deep into the story and the characters along with the combat, and they had a specific type of weapon in the game called "Chakrams" Charkrams are these beautiful circular weapons that you throw and they come back to you, almost like a boomerang. 

IF THIS WEAPON COULD BE GIVEN TO PAGES I WOULD LEGIT BE SO HAPPY. 
     Image result for chakram weapon pngImage result for chakram weapon png
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MuUlYOK40_M
    Here is a video of them being used in the game, and it's so fluid I just love it. 
  • Options
    I chose throwing weapon, Xena's Chakram!
  • Options
    makinoji said:
    I agree! I want to be this guys!!!
    ToD whip

• Options
    I chose scythe since there is something oddly satisfying about wielding an over the top lethal hoe. XD
  • Options
    Cool onhanded swords.
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited July 2017
    Rohkai said:
    I chose flail, because you just don't see them in MMOs..... and they are badass!

Not enough games let you train in flail so the users smoke themselves in the back of the skull with spike flail and die.
  • Options
    A variety of one handed swords, like rapiers and short/long swords.
  • Options
    Flails. In my experience of MMOs cleric either uses staffs/books but in some of them they tend to use flails too and I really liked it. Although it seems that our main weapon will be flexible, we still don't know to what extent and if their bonuses won't differ. For instance, swords give bonus phys damage whereas books give bonus mag damage.
  • Options
    The lack of rubber chicken in the list of choices is disappointing.
  • Options
    My favorite weapon