Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Cash Shop Items. What we want, and what they might be.

so i read a really horrible post, wont go into detail.  It got me thinking about our cashop. The items we will see in it, and stuff we would hope to see in it.  we know it will be a 0% P2W cashop so lets keep any ideas that way. cosmetics and such things only. 

a few of the things ive thought of. not all the best. but some ideas to throw out

minipets- these are a huge collectors item in games and easily a source of income from people like myself.

Visual backpacks

deleted-wings-was on the fence,and it rly is a JRPG thing

Glasses, earrings, tattoos, underwear----having these sort of things in the cashop is always something i liked to jump for. though if they tried to go a BDO style and make us all wear potato sacks untill we buy something id rather these sort of things stay away

PvE only revival orbs. this helps for solo play. though in a PVP world this is actualy a horrid idea. penalties could negate this.

tranmutation items- let us have our fashion!!!!!!

dye kits...preferably ones that dont suck ass and make you regret your decision.

harvesting tool cosmetics- because i want to be 100% different 

mobile bank/store items- summon anpc/robot/mage  or w.e that will buy/sell or deposite your goods on the go.

recall stones---make people pay to fast travel.

something i DO NOT want to ever see are xp/item/magic find boosts.

these are all the things i could think of. hopefully we can get a good list of things around for the devs

Comments

• Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2017
    a list of things everyone has given positive responses to

Freehold cosmetic packs
    Housing furniture items
    Character auras
    Non-combat mini-pets
    Freehold NPC costumes
    Holiday theme packs for housing and characters
     gender-swap tokens
    ie enchanter, blacksmith, tanner, chef costumes
    Status costumes and/or accessories[ town mayor, leader of pvp, guild leader ]
    a $1 monocle
    character slots
    minipets
    Visual backpacks
    glasses/earrings.
    underwear/underarmor. Enough with the dirty rags!
    tranmutation items
    dye kits
    harvesting tool cosmetics
    skill color changes
    pet color changes
    extra dwarf beards
  • Options
    let me buy xtra beards for my dwarf females/males. because we can never have enough beard styles
  • Options
    Purely cosmetic items, maybe even weapon and armor effects (which are confirmed in the game from the Kickstarter)

I'd also be ok w/ spell/skill animations/effects being bought in the item shop. Such as, if I'm a mage and I want my fire ball spell to be green rather than orange, then here's $2.00. 

• Options
    can you go into a bit more detail, i'm being a dofus and can't understand what you mean by item find boost as something you don't want to see. double meaning and all that. 
    In my mind some quests in games really get on my neck fast, since it's a quest and "solo" why is the drop chance 1% i'm doing one quest for hours for little to no reward. Could an item find boost not aid in these situations, not blue - purple - yellow loot, just quest items. or is this still a no go for you?
  • Options
    As far as the wings, revival orbs, recall stones, and mobile bank/mail/vendor.... For the love of all that we hold dear NO.
  • Options
    can you go into a bit more detail, i'm being a dofus and can't understand what you mean by item find boost as something you don't want to see. double meaning and all that. 
    In my mind some quests in games really get on my neck fast, since it's a quest and "solo" why is the drop chance 1% i'm doing one quest for hours for little to no reward. Could an item find boost not aid in these situations, not blue - purple - yellow loot, just quest items. or is this still a no go for you?
    um, magic find...like 15% greater chance to find magic items. its ur chance to find rare loot, also that sort of thing starts to lean P2W. 
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Convenience and function items are pretty much P2W..so big NO.

Cosmetics and novelty items are about all that I could tolerate in a Subscription model where I expect all content accessible for my fee.

And even then the Cosmetics would have to be limited to perhaps seasonal events.

I would rather have a RL merchandise for purchase than a in game cash shop at all.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    They keep saying no p2w, which pretty much leaves cosmetic only.
    Gw2 has tool skins, but they give an advantage also, just cosmetic skins is good too though.
    Probably have lots of housing stuff also.

The only issue I see, is like the OP mentioned about wearing sacks. I really hope that you can still look 'good' in ashes with equipment and not look like a proper peasant next to some rich dude. (which actually makes sense I know)

Also really crazy skins that are immersion breaking irritate me too. I don't really want to see those. Wings have been overdone, and anything that makes you travel faster is also p2w in my opinion if there are world bosses / events.

Hair, skin, tattoos, clothes, furniture, mount skins, house skins, weapon skins, tool skins, backpack / accessories / or skins for them. Skill FX, emotes, dances (sigh) are all examples of non p2w that could be in the shop.

They will probably have silly wardrobe transmutation also, so that dude wearing robes and sandles isn't really he's got full plate mail you just can't tell because he looks like a wizard!
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    An interesting topic. My two cents (all of this is my personal opinion):

• Wings are horrible and are a staple of asian mmo market. They also break immersion and lore: imagine a huge orc warrior in full plate armor charing into battle, flapping his cutesy pink batterfly wings.
    • Potions, recall/summoon stones, mobile bank/storage, repair/vendor servant (I'm looking at you, Jeeves) should never be gated from players behind a cash wall. These items offer a real in-game advantage, and introducing them into the in-game shop will be the first step on a road that leads to HELL! Just kidding, but it's really bad.
    • What I view as an ideal in-game shop is a shop with a wide selection of lore-friendly cosmetics, dyes, pets and mount skins. They might also add something like weapon enchantment cosmetic (make your wooden sword glow in the dark, or something like that). These items do not offer any advantage to the player and are purely cosmetic.
    • An option I dislike but ultimately don't mind is having a possibility to unlock extra character slots. It's generally bad, but is acceptable if there's enough space on your account for several characters right from the start. Otherwise it's a horrid cashgrab that hinders your ability to play.
  • Options
    And let's be honest here.  Some cosmetic items actually break immersion.  I don't want another K-pop japanime MMO.  
  • Options
    @Severok
    That's exactly what I'm talking about.
  • Options
    Noespark said:
    um, magic find...like 15% greater chance to find magic items. its ur chance to find rare loot, also that sort of thing starts to lean P2W. 
    Awesome, I thought as much but in the moment I thought you meant a piece of armour (for example) that had a perma 15% item find attunement, rather than just a limited timed spell. 
  • Options
    Mobile bank/vendor/mail and insta travel all have the same issue.  They detract from environment and makes town less meaningful.  For a game that has local economies forming a web of the global economy, being able to do those things will have a pretty huge negative impact in my opinion.
  • Options
    Severok said:
    Mobile bank/vendor/mail and insta travel all have the same issue.  They detract from environment and makes town less meaningful.  For a game that has local economies forming a web of the global economy, being able to do those things will have a pretty huge negative impact in my opinion.
    I like to firmly believe that mods pass on good ideas or threads to the devs, or better yet the devs read most of these things. 
    I really hope they read this one.

This is the kind of topic where even if 99% of the community wanted the "Jeeves" they shouldn't because they won't know how damaging to the game it really is till it is too late.
  • Options
    yeah, my main hope for this topic is to get as many different ideas together for the devs to make a very exciting and pleasing cashop to all of us. some things in my OP im even on the fence about but i wrote them anyways to get ideas out there
  • Options
    They say no P2W. But can I pay to win my fashion contests? This makes no sense!!!  :s:s:s:s
  • Options
    Noespark said:
    yeah, my main hope for this topic is to get as many different ideas together for the devs to make a very exciting and pleasing cashop to all of us. some things in my OP im even on the fence about but i wrote them anyways to get ideas out there
    Well, aye, that was a good gesture. most just keep the stuff that don't want to themselves for a skewed discussion.

From my memory of the KS info. The mount system will be something where you can just reskin your ride/saddle. So i foresee many mount cosmetics coming out.

Freeholds i've got a pledge pack that give me a couple of packs (i believe). However what i would like is multiple cosmetics looks and indeed LAYOUTS for the design of the freehold.
    Farming is the easiest in my mind, the crop can be rearranged the architecture can be of another node/society/race and the interior is customisable, I want some crazy furnishings for my Freehold PARTIES!!!!

Effect potions are a huge thing for me, if any one here remembers "Noggenfogger"from Tanaris, My dude. that was my jam. rocked that for days.
    I would love some rare/expensive awesome little things like that. even just a potion of levitation would keep me going for hours (no effect other than taking you a few feet off the floor, i'm happy to have it not change my fall speed or damage.

Oh oh oh, last thing... how could I forget, it's not p2w so I didn't think about it. 

PETS, I WANT TO DYE THEM. I WANT MY PURE WHITE PHOENIX.
    I made a discussion about it awhile back but it died. The thought of animal husbandry is great, but lets get some dyes involved, even if only temp and they wash off in the rain.

XXX 
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    PvE Revival Orbs, Recall stones blatantly seems P2W imo.
    Mobile Bank/Store items should be an in-game feature where you can hire your own NPC, Profits would be reduced from either, other players robbing your NPC when walking back to town/freehold storage/bank, or If the NPC is going to an auction house to put items up, a small portion of the profit goes to the NPC to function as a money sink (deletes money) to keep the economy going so that a highly numbered guild or friends cant quickly and easily rule the town in terms of money.

I really do like fashionable gear, It's one of reasons why I enjoy some MMO's. Some cosmetics are over the top I do agree, but with the right artists and modelers Intrepid should make cosmetics that suit the era AoC is in.
    PS.
    I'm rooting for maid cosmetic gear. I just have a thing for maids and garter belts.

PETS, I WANT TO DYE THEM. I WANT MY PURE WHITE PHOENIX.
    I made a discussion about it awhile back but it died. The thought of animal husbandry is great, but lets get some dyes involved, even if only temp and they wash off in the rain.

XXX 
    I think we do have KS Exclusive dyes for the armor.
  • Options
    Karthos said:
    Purely cosmetic items, maybe even weapon and armor effects (which are confirmed in the game from the Kickstarter)

I'd also be ok w/ spell/skill animations/effects being bought in the item shop. Such as, if I'm a mage and I want my fire ball spell to be green rather than orange, then here's $2.00. 

Totally agree with the fee for different color magic. 

In the cash shop I would like to see cosmetic stuff like tattoos, maybe auras if done right....contacts or Rather perma contacts. Item find is OK but plz don't make it super necessary for farmers/everyone. Maybe re-roll scrolls for armor ( of course armor should have a limit on how much u can re-roll) and maybe freehold stuff like furniture, boosters for item creation ( basically helps to lvl artisan class faster) 
  • Options
    the reason i specify seasonal/event cosmetics is that filling a cash shop with items that could have been implemented into core gameplay rewards incentivizing subscription longevity and value.
    To be honest I am ANTI cashshop... The fact it's a thing irks me and a detraction form a solid game platform.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Asheron's Call style pack dolls!  I loved those. 

*completely loses her mind at the thought--- stares off into space and starts giggling*
  • Options
    Noespark said:
    minipets- these are a huge collectors item in games and easily a source of income from people like myself.

Visual backpacks

Glasses, earrings, tattoos, underwear----having these sort of things in the cashop is always something i liked to jump for. 

tranmutation items- let us have our fashion!!!!!!

dye kits...preferably ones that dont suck ass and make you regret your decision.

harvesting tool cosmetics- because i want to be 100% different 

something i DO NOT want to ever see are xp/item/magic find boosts.

Edited your list to show the things I'd like to see. One thing I'll add is that the prices should be reasonably cheap, just enough to fund the development of the skins/models etc and maybe a tiny bit of profit. If Intrepid keeps it reasonable then people wont view them as cash grabbing. After all, the big profit for them is in growing a subscriber base of loyal and devoted fans. <3 Intrepid... Hope you are reading the forums :)
  • Options
    Whocando said:
    the reason i specify seasonal/event cosmetics is that filling a cash shop with items that could have been implemented into core gameplay rewards incentivizing subscription longevity and value.
    To be honest I am ANTI cashshop... The fact it's a thing irks me and a detraction form a solid game platform.
    you actualy make a extremely valid and solid point. the more outfits we see in the cashop, the less we will see in game due to them going to the cashop instead. a good 1/5  or even 1/10 of cosmetics should be on the cashop. everything els with a sub should be in game as we are paying that sub for said content. 

another idea i had was maybe UI themes?
  • Options
    I think we will probably see additional character slots. I'm not sure whether we will see bank expansion upgrades. 

I would think and hope that a majority of sales items would be for cosmetics.

I don't mind a cash shop, but I do hope they price things cheap, like $1-$2 a pop. I tend to spend more when items are cheap and "bang for the buck". Maybe $5 for an outfit is okay. But if I need to pay $20 at the minimum to make my character look different, I might not end up spending at all. 

• Options
    lexmax said:
     If Intrepid keeps it reasonable then people wont view them as cash grabbing. After all, the big profit for them is in growing a subscriber base of loyal and devoted fans. 

you would think that placing lower prices, they would know we would buy more. potentially making more.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    I also want the option to purchase or obtain whatever the items in the cash shop might be with in game currency or effort.
  • Options
    Whocando said:
    I'm usually against cash shop too, but since AoC is no "freemium" game and will not contain any game-changing items, I'm totally fine with that. No one's pushing you to buy anything from it, after all :)
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Noespark said:
    lexmax said:
     If Intrepid keeps it reasonable then people wont view them as cash grabbing. After all, the big profit for them is in growing a subscriber base of loyal and devoted fans. 

you would think that placing lower prices, they would know we would buy more. potentially making more.

To be honest, although the perception of "cashgrabbiness" plays a factor, the amount I spend on a game is more about how much time I spend in the game and how much enjoyment I derive from the game than how much I value the items. 

Certainly, at a lower price, it makes it easier for me to go, "Hmm, had some fun this week, I think they deserve a tip." *purchase a $1 monocle*
  • Options
    As crafting will be a social activity requiring multiple players to fulfill different stages of crafting from gathering, to refining, to making, I would like to see costumes related to these to make visually identifying players in a crowd much easier.

ie enchanter, blacksmith, tanner, chef costumes

Status costumes and/or accessories

ie: town mayor, leader of pvp, head of guild etc
  • Options
    Cyreph said:
    Noespark said:
    lexmax said:

To be honest, although the perception of "cashgrabbiness" plays a factor, the amount I spend on a game is more about how much time I spend in the game and how much enjoyment I derive from the game than how much I value the items. 

Certainly, at a lower price, it makes it easier for me to go, "Hmm, had some fun this week, I think they deserve a tip." *purchase a $1 monocle*
    That's a very positive way of looking at it. Some "freemium" type studios have a very insidious way of quietly upping the stakes. When you are almost at a particular point in progression the gates start slamming shut.

Man do I have to wait another week to get X? It's only $1 on the cash shop, so what the hell. 

Then next time you're hit by two gates slamming in your face.

Crap I'm only 10000g off buying Y. I could grind for a week, or I could buy Z on the cash shop for $2 then trade it for the gold, and I'll have some gold left over... which is almost enough to buy ... etc 

I hate it when I know I'm being duped then go ahead and do it anyway :angry: