Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

I want to be a kid again

Forget all this career nonsense. Who needs money when you have AoC? I say, I will quit my job at the University upon release and focus strictly on gaming. 

I am quite certain my wife will understand. What do you think?

Comments

• Options
    nobody wants to work but we need electricity and internet to play ashes
    and food I guess  
  • Options
    Well, perhaps I can figure out a way to not lose FPS and Team Viewer in from work. I'm sure they'll never notice I've been missing for days. lol
  • Options
    Well seeing as you have about two years to launch, you have time to make it big and then retire in time to achieve your dream :)
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2017
    So youre saying your wife will be single soon?... B)
  • Options
    OneWingedAngel said:
    nobody wants to work but we need electricity and internet to play ashes
    and food I guess  
    Food is definitely secondary.
  • Options
    I like the sound of that. Maybe by then, I will have built a program and sold it to the likes of Apple-or won the lottery. Here's hoping.
  • Options
    I hope your Wife is highly understanding. More importantly ... well, Gaming is a Passionate, fun-loving activity (:3)
    But a Career is for the Future, for retirement.

While life may be defined differently in other Countries, working is not too bad.
    In other words, I recommend you reconsider; give some heavy thought on that.
  • Options
    But naw in all seriousness I like having to split my time up between military career, family, and hobbies.  It makes the time I get to spend on my hobbies that much more enjoyable.  Back in my more hardcore gaming days (12+ hours a day on days off) the games started to feel more like a second job.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Soon the machines will take over and we will be put in an artificial sleep in a world of our choice, and AoC will be my choice. Let the Matrix begin!
  • Options
    Karthos said:
    So your saying your wife will be single soon?... B)

LOL if I quit my job, yes...she probably would be. That is until-I built my program to win the lottery. Then she'd come back. I think.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Get a debilitating mental illness like I have and you can game all you want...with side effects
  • Options
    Luckily I have an amazing job and I will just be taking a leave for release for about 2-3 months. I love to work though so I can't be gone for too long, I'd go insane
  • Options
    Severok said:
    But naw in all seriousness I like having to split my time up between military career, family, and hobbies.  It makes the time I get to spend on my hobbies that much more enjoyable.  Back in my more hardcore gaming days (12+ hours a day on days off) the games started to feel more like a second job.
    Yeah, I remember those days. Wife was my girlfriend then-around 20 years ago. She would always complain about my gaming. Now, I just annoy her until she sighs and exclaims: "Don't you have a game to play?!" I laugh and say, yep. See ya. :D
  • Options
    I really hope people are not taking me seriously. Lol
    It's nice to think about being a kid again and going back to gaming non-stop. I do not want to repeat high school again, however. Nor would I want to redo college. It's nice to think about what it'd be like these days, though.
    Maybe I can just be Tom Hanks in BIG for a little while.
  • Options
    Severok said:
    Yeah, I remember those days. Wife was my girlfriend then-around 20 years ago. She would always complain about my gaming. Now, I just annoy her until she sighs and exclaims: "Don't you have a game to play?!" I laugh and say, yep. See ya. :D
    That happens with husbands also.  hahahahaaa

• Options
    Severok said:
    That happens with husbands also.  hahahahaaa

That's funny. Glad to see I'm not the only one that purposely annoys their spouse so they'll make them  go play games. Lol
  • Options
    In all fairness: she tries to torture me with "reality tv", such as 16 and pregnant...which I despise. So...
  • Options
    reality tv is pretty bad
  • Options
    @SaeyoPrayers
    As a wife I might have unique insights into if she will understand. The best way to get her to understand is do that task that she hates doing. Just take it over. Laundry? Dishes? Grocery Shopping? Mopping? If you choose wisely not only will she understand but she will be so busy bragging about what you do to friends, families and foes that she won't care about how much you game. 
  • Options
    Sozia said:
    @SaeyoPrayers
    As a wife I might have unique insights into if she will understand. The best way to get her to understand is do that task that she hates doing. Just take it over. Laundry? Dishes? Grocery Shopping? Mopping? If you choose wisely not only will she understand but she will be so busy bragging about what you do to friends, families and foes that she won't care about how much you game. 
    Luckily for her, I do those things. Well, we share all household chores. If she cooks, I do the kitchen and dining room. If I cook, I still clean them. She cleans the living room and bathrooms. We share laundry, yard work, the bedroom. I work, she takes care of the kids while I'm at work. When I get home, it's 50/50. I usually won't play games until all kids are in bed, unless of course, we are all playing together. (Minus her-only games she will touch is for regular Nintendo) She will then want me to sit on the couch and watch those lame reality TV shows with her. That is when I start my antics. Lol I have to draw the line somewhere. 
    This was mostly just a joke about how I don't feel like adulting today.
  • Options
    I really hope people are not taking me seriously. Lol
    Relief Xp
  • Options
    @SaeyoPrayers
    I hear that. Everyone was gone from the house today so I spent the day adulting. 
    It is cleaner but still, gaming would have been infinitely more enjoyable. 
  • Options
    As much as I would want to be a kid again... I couldn't give up beer.  :|
  • Options
    Sozia said:
    @SaeyoPrayers
    Luckily for her, I do those things. Well, we share all household chores. If she cooks, I do the kitchen and dining room. If I cook, I still clean them. She cleans the living room and bathrooms. We share laundry, yard work, the bedroom. I work, she takes care of the kids while I'm at work. When I get home, it's 50/50. I usually won't play games until all kids are in bed, unless of course, we are all playing together. (Minus her-only games she will touch is for regular Nintendo) She will then want me to sit on the couch and watch those lame reality TV shows with her. That is when I start my antics. Lol I have to draw the line somewhere. 
    This was mostly just a joke about how I don't feel like adulting today.
    Agree.  We share everything also.  One things for sure.  No way on earth would I want to be a kid again. Especially in todays real world!
  • Options
    Honestly, I wouldn't want to come back to being a kid. I feel like my life gets better and better with each year since I turned 19 or something. I'm 26 now, and each year brought at least something good my way.
  • Options
    Lilem said:
    Honestly, I wouldn't want to come back to being a kid. I feel like my life gets better and better with each year since I turned 19 or something. I'm 26 now, and each year brought at least something good my way.
    Awesome to hear.

I agree. Once I was introduced to money, women, and beer, life got way more awesome :)  ... well, I got married though, so it's even awesomer.. except.. I don't have full control of my money anymore.. and I was forced to downsize to womAn... but atleast I got to keep the beer!  :p
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Welphgryn said:
    Lilem said:
    Awesome to hear.

I agree. Once I was introduced to money, women, and beer, life got way more awesome :)  ... well, I got married though, so it's even awesomer.. except.. I don't have full control of my money anymore.. and I was forced to downsize to womAn... but atleast I got to keep the beer!  :p
    I have a little different things that keep me happy, but it's good to know you've found your source of happiness :)

And I wouldn't call it a downgrade, by the way. I'd say it's a complete upgrade.
  • Options

You mean your wife in game? I think she would understand.
  • Options
    Forget all this career nonsense. Who needs money when you have AoC? I say, I will quit my job at the University upon release and focus strictly on gaming. 

Don't quit, outsource!
    There's enough of us here..we could remote teach five minutes each...
    Ok the idea of some of us teaching would be interesting, but call that a social experiment and Bob's your uncle.

*goes to get ice lolly to cool brain after epic, obviously winning idea*
  • Options
    I was going to comment on the teaching aspect...but now all I can think about is what flavor of ice lolly. 
    I want an ice lolly. I think my kids ate them all.  :'(