Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

[Information] Housing

Everything in this thread is subject to change as and when new information is released during the upcoming months. I’m a single dwarf and gathering this information and pulling together takes time so *gives a jug of ale* be patient!

This is not a discussion thread! This is information that I’ve collected from Streams (still to catch up with more). Discord answers still need to be added and more threads on various topics to come (like Trade/Leveling/Gear etc)! I'm working hard! I'm aware documents exist already but wanted something for the forums!

Freeholds

A plot of land just for you! You can have taverns and inns on your freehold that allow players to come and eat your food - which will give the player benefits when doing activities within the freeholds region. Where you locate your freehold might determine how much business you get. They are also discussing the possibility of different terrain affecting your freehold e.g if you like farming/agriculture and you place your freehold next to a stream - that river can give you bonuses above and beyond what you would get located from elsewhere.

You can only own land when a node reaches stage 3 - this will help avoid land grab.

Freeholds don’t need to have housing on it -it can be fully industry based or farming etc Various skins will allow you to change the appearance of your freehold e.g make it mage themed.

Having a house on your freehold gives you citizenship to the node you want.

You can also store and show off your items, a place where you do craft, host parties ofc.

Freeholds being a safe zone is still being discussed

Freehold templates is something intrepid aims to do so that if it is destroyed the template is can be used again.

Apartments

Apartments are an instanced form of housing in which a player run governments can agree to build apartment blocks in which players can rent out/buy apartments within a node (stage 4).

Renting apartments will give you citizenships to the node - the more apartments rented the higher the price scales.

Static Homes

Static homes within a node can be purchased at stage 3 and as the node progresses it can scale up to a mansion.

Comments

• Options
    Very awesome summary @Diura :)
  • Options
    *dave when are the movers coming?*
    right now I need to have a room plan 
  • Options
    One of my ambitions is wanting to run my own alchemy shop inside a town/city/etc. I mean further so I'd love to eventually lead/rule a node, but that's for a different discussion.
  • Options
    this is what I'm mostly looking forward to! btw Diura do you know if you will be able to have a spouse in the game?
  • Options
    this is what I'm mostly looking forward to! btw Diura do you know if you will be able to have a spouse in the game?
    Marriage will be possible ^^ Need more information though :D
  • Options
    Diura said:
    Diura said:
    awesome!!! do you think it must be with another player or an npc?
  • Options
    Diura said:
    Diura said:
    awesome!!! do you think it must be with another player or an npc?
    Probably another player - but Steven did mention the word children in a stream so ya know maybe npc family xD 
  • Options
    Thank for taking the time to make the thread @Diura. As we gain more and more info this will be a valuable resource to the community where everything will be collated. :smile:
  • Options
    Kratz said:
    Thank for taking the time to make the thread @Diura. As we gain more and more info this will be a valuable resource to the community where everything will be collated. :smile:
    Thankyou so much <3 I really appreciate it because its taken a lot of effort <3
  • Options
    It's threads like this that'll need to be stickied when things start getting stickied.
  • Options
    Hey, Thank again Diura, cant wait for the chance to find a place in this game to build.
  • Options
    Do we know if we will be able to have a freehold as well as a house/apartment?

like if you wanted to make your freehold an inn or a tavern for a source of income on a common road, then have your own personal space in the town/city nearby?
  • Options
    Well what happens when i get divorced? Is she getting the half of my house? :/
  • Options
    Timba said:
    Well what happens when i get divorced? Is she getting the half of my house? :/
    Nope. All of it ;)
  • Options
    RuaMoku said:

like if you wanted to make your freehold an inn or a tavern for a source of income on a common road, then have your own personal space in the town/city nearby?
    No information as of yet but that's a good question to post for next stream :3
  • Options

Diura said:
    RuaMoku said:

No information as of yet but that's a good question to post for next stream :3
    I think in one of the updates it was mentioned that you could own several houses but you could only be a citizen of one node. So I'm guessing what @RuaMoku wants to do is possible.
  • Options
    As i understood it you can indeed have several houses, highy doubt you can have sevral freeholds tho. Apartments can be instanced, but if you can have sevral freeholds it would be possible to just "grab" as meny plots as possible when the node hit lvl 3. I think that would be absurd since there will be a limited amount of freeholds avaible per node if my reserch is correct.
  • Options
    Highwall said:
    As i understood it you can indeed have several houses, highy doubt you can have sevral freeholds tho. Apartments can be instanced, but if you can have sevral freeholds it would be possible to just "grab" as meny plots as possible when the node hit lvl 3. I think that would be absurd since there will be a limited amount of freeholds avaible per node if my reserch is correct.
    You are right! From the devs:

Will players have the ability to own multiple freeholds?

1. No, you may only ever declare citizenship for one node
    2. May own one of each type of housing (one freehold, one static node home, and one instanced apartment.)
  • Options
    lexmax said:
    Highwall said:
    You are right! From the devs:

Will players have the ability to own multiple freeholds?

1. No, you may only ever declare citizenship for one node
    2. May own one of each type of housing (one freehold, one static node home, and one instanced apartment.)
    I knew I wasen´t dreaming it up! 

Its logical afterall! But thank you sir for confirmation!
  • Options
    In regards to potential keeping a house template.

what happens when you purchase a static house in a node. Node gets destroyed at say level 7. Fine, you keep your template. But in remaining nodes, will there be spots left to re-purchase a home? OR, will your static home template be transferable to an instances home?