Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Big petition to restore DISAGREE button!

Comments

• Options
    Possum said:
    nagash said:
    I'm missing it right about now
    @Nagash needs a "Get the hell off my lawn" button.
    That's called a "shot gun"
  • Options
    I'll get right on that...
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2017
    That is not dead which can eternal lie yet with strange aeons even death may die h.p lovecraft 
  • Options
  • Options
    I still want one that says Rolls Eyes ... it says so much. <rolls eyes>
  • Options
    I'm glad it's gone, It annoyed me that I would see so many disagreeing people, yet none made a comment to progress the thread, it's like they just picked up their ball and ran home all because your shoes offended them.
    Just letting you know that I "Agree" with you!  ;)
  • Options
    I think it's good. I disagreed with some statements, but then I thought that maybe those I disagreed with might feel like it was angry or something. I saw my own profile with a disagree, and I was sad... but when I read, it was a useful place for disagreement. So, yeah. Warm fuzz!
  • Options
    Just so y'all know. This button is fantastic. I'm never going back.

Yes I have had too much coffee. So sue me.
  • Options

Nothing is impossible, the word itself says 'I'm possible'!
  • Options
    There is no "I" in "Team"... but there is a me.
  • Options
    My favorite insightful quote:

On particularly rough days when I’m sure I can’t possibly endure, I like to remind myself that my track record for getting through bad days so far is 100%. And that’s pretty good.
  • Options
    It's hazardous to your key board's health when drinking tea as you view these forums.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    What did the man of great insight once say?

"Look out!"

Ironically
  • Options
    My favorite insightful quote:

On particularly rough days when I’m sure I can’t possibly endure, I like to remind myself that my track record for getting through bad days so far is 100%. And that’s pretty good.
    I find that very inspirational.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    My dog is a hobo.
  • Options
    All my disagreeables up in a cloud of nothingness. 
    Now how am I supposed to gain my stfu badge? Smh I was trying my best to work towards that.
  • Options
    Illumination. Life. Light. Heaven Above. Clouds. Explore. Bold. Seashells. Beach Sand. Tropical Seashore. Steven Universe. Space. Organisms. Scaling. Avatar The Last Airbender. Bond. Bridge. Brizze. Individual. Cracking Knuckles. Ketchup. French Fries.
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    I...disagree with this!...Can I even disagree anymore, how will they know I disagree if my only option is to not agree!? From now on I must declare in comment that "I disagree"...but what if I disagree but not enough that I felt it should be said aloud in comment.

What has life come to...
  • Options
    T-Elf said:
    When @nagash does that it's usually across the floor.
  • Options
    We've all become more agreeable in this coming day, as well as it seems more and more of us take insight in others, it is both a great day, and a terrible day for men/women (other?) in the community. There are those who struggle to find what to do when they disagree, do they walk away instead? Should they comment in chat that they disagree? Or should we all just take insight when someone has an opinion we disagree with? Should we embrace an opinion different then ours because it is better to be varied in thought than to be hive-minded? Is it insightful to see someone's opinion differ than yours and take the time to ask them why they feel differently instead of "silently" disagreeing???

NAY, I say for I....disagree!?
  • Options
    @Krojak Uhhh... How can I effectively steal use that squirrel picture and use it as my own?
  • Options
    lexmax said:
    T-Elf said:
    When @nagash does that it's usually across the floor.
    Just when I start to think that maybe we've hit the bottom of the Nagash barrel, you scoop up another delicious morsel of pun. 

Thank you sir, for restoring my faith. 
  • Options
    Do you think clicking "Insightful" when someone's just complimented you is conceited?

^^^ then I guess I'm conceited. <3@Rumbleforge.
  • Options
    I wholeheartedly believe everyone should express their opinions. I think everyone has the inalienable right to say whatever they want in any form whatsoever. Irregardless of offenses. 
    People are individuals. No one will ever agree on everything. If we all thought the same, talked the same, acted the same-this world would be a dreary place indeed. Speech policing, political correctness, and the suppression of thoughts/ideas, and the masquerading of being offended is part of the world's problem. You can never learn anything new or expand your horizons if all you ever listen to is yourself. People really need thicker skin.

• Options
    lexmax said:
    Do you think clicking "Insightful" when someone's just complimented you is conceited?

^^^ then I guess I'm conceited. <3@Rumbleforge.
    That sounded insightful to me!  :)
    And thank you.  I haven't really jumped on the Insightful bandwagon yet.  It went live while I was coming home from work and I haven't had time to partake in all the insightful fun!  (I'm also bummed out at all the older posts that would have garnered much insight upon their release, only to receive little attention now that they're buried in the depths of the forum.  )
  • Options
    lol, god damn it, while I do agree. I was like "okay let the jokes flow through"
  • Options
    But again not wrong.
  • Options
    noo...I liked the disagree button.... and what does insightful cover that like or agree does not? :frowning:

I guess insightful could mean a post that you might not immediately agree with but gives you another point of view or something to think about. 

Like this one.  :#
    So is this going to be some Ashes Community inside joke now? When we disagree with someone, we just say we find them insightful? 

Five years down the road, a new player joins the community, doesn't understand anything. Finds a bunch of post by the veterans "insightful". Gets blacklisted by all of them and summarily targeted in-game. 

:D 
  • Options
    I've already stated elsewhere 'lt looks like we have to agree to differ.' And that's fine as long as we're each and all able to state our views and cope - or be unworried - about being different players. But I do hate dogmatic statements in this sort of forum - in the end, we're merely playing a game and we should be tolerant of all views of how that might be done or expressed (within usual forum decency/conduct rules of course).
  • Options
    Right of course, we are all going to have different opinions, it's BOUND to happen, and as I semi-jokingly said it should be embraced. It is good to have multiple views on a matter.
This discussion has been closed.