Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Currency

Do we have a name for the currency that is used in game? I'm hoping for something other than "gold". Something... Unique

Comments

• Options
    Big sigil of Ashes, medium Sigil of Ashes, small Sigil of Ashes. Nah Idk :) I dont think they are in the part of production where sharing this kinda information is important ;)
  • Options
    Probably "Gold" :> It's sad, but I won't expect anything else.
    A unique name would be great, but hard to find.

Maybe we pay in "sandals"? ^^
  • Options
    Big sigil of Ashes, medium Sigil of Ashes, small Sigil of Ashes. Nah Idk :) I dont think they are in the part of production where sharing this kinda information is important ;)
    Maybe not important but the sooner little things like this are brought up the better chances of it not being called 'gold'. Why wait to bring this up after they already have it set?
  • Options
    Maybe not important but the sooner little things like this are brought up the better chances of it not being called 'gold'. Why wait to bring this up after they already have it set?
    Okay what would you rather know? The economic system or the name of the currency?...

I mean its not unimportant, but there are bigger topics that might be more on player minds, so they start out by answering those ;) Also it might be more fun discovering this yourself, maybe its not a set currency, maybe each node has a different name, hopefully theres gonna be some more info soon though :)
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2017
    Okay what would you rather know? The economic system or the name of the currency?...

I mean its not unimportant, but there are bigger topics that might be more on player minds, so they start out by answering those ;) Also it might be more fun discovering this yourself, maybe its not a set currency, maybe each node has a different name, hopefully theres gonna be some more info soon though :)
    I didn't know I was limited to knowing only one of them... I mean, am I hampering the development of the game or anyone else's questions by asking a simple question?
  • Options

The name of the currency!

#againstthewind
  • Options
    Gold and silver, hopefully. I wouldn't mind seeing traditional forms of fantasy currency like silver and bronze actually mean something in this game.
  • Options
    It will probably go the traditional gold/silver route, but it would be cool if they did something like back before uniformed currency (sand dollars, beans, bullet casings) but their own spin on it.
  • Options
    I'm hoping it's traditional for fantasy:
    Copper, Silver, Gold, and "maybe" Platinum.
    Each one hopefully 100x
    100 copper = 1 silver
    100 silver = 1 gold
    100 gold = 1 platinum

But honestly I trust them to do it right.  Afterall, they took the money from the Kickstarter and basically hired a guy with a Ph.D. in Economics to figure this all out and put it together. :smiley:
  • Options
    I just pray we have one normal currency and not 10 different types and reputation currency. RO currency was over the top and I never want to experience it's system ever again lol.
  • Options
    Krojak said:
    Gold and silver, hopefully. I wouldn't mind seeing traditional forms of fantasy currency like silver and bronze actually mean something in this game.
    Sounds good but make it a wee bit unique and call it Gold and Cylver.  I mean what's a little misspelling now and then?

Also what ever the currency it should automatically fill my pockets.  Now that is unique!
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Diura said:
    I just pray we have one normal currency and not 10 different types and reputation currency. RO currency was over the top and I never want to experience it's system ever again lol.
    When I stopped playing Skyforge there was at least 50 different currencies in the game! It was so complex that it took me a long time to figure out that these were gating mechanics to fuel their underlying p2w system :weary:
  • Options
    lexmax said:
    Diura said:
    When I stopped playing Skyforge there was at least 50 different currencies in the game! It was so complex that it took me a long time to figure out that these were gating mechanics to fuel their underlying p2w system :weary:
    Awww D: Disguising p2w with lots of currencies is mean :(
  • Options
    No reason they can't come up with something. So many games have.. Adena, rupees, gil, Oren, Kinah
  • Options
    It's called Galt. It's a combination of gold and salt licks. 
  • Options
    sunfrog said:
    It's called Galt. It's a combination of gold and salt licks. 
    How about "Gandals" - gold and sandals :love:
  • Options
    One of the earliest currencies was the drachma (greeks). I think given it is Ashes of Creation it would be fitting. I think the copper->silver->gold system is overplayed. It is only to try to control inflation and make you have a feel good feeling over some precious metals. It's gold and pretty to look at, but lets be creative.

I think a single value that is increasing is not a bad thing. They are going to introduce a stock exchange. Can you imagine if you bought in with some copper and it ended up selling with gold? Those gains are not as apparent.

Now if you bought in with 10 
    drachma (penny stock) and a investment spike happened in specific city (a guild castle was built and real estate spiked) and you sell for 1200 drachma. You can see you instant return right there.

• Options
    Bottle caps... I like bottle caps.
  • Options
    MrWaffles said:
    One of the earliest currencies was the drachma (greeks). I think given it is Ashes of Creation it would be fitting. I think the copper->silver->gold system is overplayed. It is only to try to control inflation and make you have a feel good feeling over some precious metals. It's gold and pretty to look at, but lets be creative.

I think a single value that is increasing is not a bad thing. They are going to introduce a stock exchange. Can you imagine if you bought in with some copper and it ended up selling with gold? Those gains are not as apparent.

Now if you bought in with 10 
    drachma (penny stock) and a investment spike happened in specific city (a guild castle was built and real estate spiked) and you sell for 1200 drachma. You can see you instant return right there.

I think a single-valued currency might be good, too.
    Imagine your character carrying a bag of gold coins. He won't search for the correct amount of copper coins every time.
    However, I did like the mechanics in BDO - your money had weight. And if you needed to transport a bigger amount of money, you could convert your money into gold for a certain fee. I don't know if this would work with drachma, though :D
  • Options
    They should name the currency "Trash." That way, who ever has the most Trash is the richest  :D

Oh gawd I amuse myself sometimes. 
  • Options
    how about souls ^^
  • Options
    nagash said:
    how about souls ^^
    +1
  • Options
    Should be kept simple. Gold, silver, copper because no matter what you name it,90% of the community is going to call everything gold. 
  • Options
    I'm of the mindset to dispense with copper and keep it simple with just gold and silver. That way we can use decimal currency such as  ʛ3.20 or similar. What do you guys think?
  • Options
    I'm still hooked on @Nagarash's "souls" Idea. Regardless of if he thinks over powered guild tyrants will scream "Brace yourselves! Winter is coming!"
  • Options
    I think "Karthos Coins" is a great name for currency.

Could have little pictures of the most handsome guy in Ashes, me. 
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Karthos said:
    I think "Karthos Coins" is a great name for currency.

Could have little pictures of the most handsome guy in Ashes, me. 
    The way you worded that I imagined David Beckham in the movie "Pompeii"
  • Options
    Would be cool to have a Barter system not just currency. What if I've been on the road and jumped by bandits who take all my belongings? Would be cool if the guy at the tavern would give me a pint for my jacket. lol just saying :)
  • Options
    Florins, Guinea's, Farthings
  • Options
    Bottle caps are the winner, it's official