Greetings, glorious adventurers! If you're joining in our Alpha One spot testing, please follow the steps here to see all the latest test info on our forums and Discord!
Options

Currency

2»

Comments

• Options
    Sticks, Charcoal & Ash, to lower the number you hold (yet keeping the same overall value) you stand near any type of fire and cast the skill "Creation of Ashes". 100 sticks = 10 Charcoal = 1 Ash.

Disclaimer: Please for the love of all that is good do NOT take me seriously.
  • Options
    How about Gems ?

• Options
    The only problem i see with this ... is that I planned to do some crafting with Gems. and might be confused with this as Currency >.<
  • Options
    I'm kinda hoping for several types of currencies, so currency exchange will be a thing.
  • Options
    Gemstones, for something still fantasy driven but not the traditional gold/silver. Maybe we shouldn't have a currency and have a barter driven economy.
  • Options
    Gemstones, for something still fantasy driven but not the traditional gold/silver. Maybe we shouldn't have a currency and have a barter driven economy.

You mean barter for stuff we might dig out of the ground etc.? Like ... ummmm ... Gold and Silver :)
    I think a barter system has a potential to coexist with a currency system especially considering different regions will have more/less of different resources. Overall however it would make for a complicated tax system that potentially doesn't work very well for small trades.
  • Options

You mean barter for stuff we might dig out of the ground etc.? Like ... ummmm ... Gold and Silver :)
    I think a barter system has a potential to coexist with a currency system especially considering different regions will have more/less of different resources. Overall however it would make for a complicated tax system that potentially doesn't work very well for small trades.
    Yes barter gold and silver, though I meant as a resource rather than a currency :) 
    I agree it would make for a tax system. It wouldn't be overly complicated though, there'd be a base tax set for each node level which would more than likely increase per node level. AOC is meant to be economy based so I can see this occurring.
  • Options
    As long as it isn't as confusing as (don't hate me) Harry Potter's wizarding currency. its something like 29 knuts = 1 Sickle, and 17 sickles (493 knuts) = 1 Galleon

although I do like the names...
  • Options
    Eragale said:
    How about Gems ?

you mean soul gems ^^

• Options
    Big sigil of Ashes, medium Sigil of Ashes, small Sigil of Ashes. Nah Idk :) I dont think they are in the part of production where sharing this kinda information is important ;)
    Maybe not important but the sooner little things like this are brought up the better chances of it not being called 'gold'. Why wait to bring this up after they already have it set?
    Okay what would you rather know? The economic system or the name of the currency?...

I mean its not unimportant, but there are bigger topics that might be more on player minds, so they start out by answering those ;) Also it might be more fun discovering this yourself, maybe its not a set currency, maybe each node has a different name, hopefully theres gonna be some more info soon though :)
    I didn't know I was limited to knowing only one of them... I mean, am I hampering the development of the game or anyone else's questions by asking a simple question?
    Sorry for not answering before now, I've been busy...

I think this is an important thing to discuss, what amount of information the devs will/should share.
    I'm all for information sharing, and preferably as much as possible. But sometimes the details probably slip, imagine if the devs had to give out every single little detail people ask for :) I'm not saying you shouldnt ask, I would just not expect an answer ;)
    (Also by virtue of the fact that the devs never really answer anything directly on the forums).
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2017
    nagash said:
    Eragale said:
    How about Gems ?

you mean soul gems ^^

lols not really ... but it it would be a nice feature or it could be expanded on a Different Route : 3.  Have Devs ever mentioned about those " Haunted Areas " I've talked about  :p 
  • Options
    +1 for gems :) diamonds, rubies, sapphire....
  • Options
    I think the currency will be the ears and the scalps of our enemies.  Gotta cut'em all!
  • Options
    @Eragale It could be fun with either gems or soul gems, or at least something highly valuable that is easier to transport size vice. Instead of transporting 1000 gold pieces you bring 10 rubies, sneaky sneaky but also risky :)
  • Options
    @Eragale It could be fun with either gems or soul gems, or at least something highly valuable that is easier to transport size vice. Instead of transporting 1000 gold pieces you bring 10 rubies, sneaky sneaky but also risky :)
    problem with any kind of 1000x object you have you would seem Santa Claus!  :D
    If only little purses with infinite space in them existed...
  • Options
    ArchivedUserArchivedUser Guest
    edited June 2017
    @ruairidh
    bit coin?
  • Options
    @ruairidh
    bit coin?
    I'd rather it be the souls of the vanquished.  They all follow you, binded by dark magic, but, being souls, no one can see them.
  • Options

Yes barter gold and silver, though I meant as a resource rather than a currency :) 
    I agree it would make for a tax system. It wouldn't be overly complicated though, there'd be a base tax set for each node level which would more than likely increase per node level. AOC is meant to be economy based so I can see this occurring. 
  • Options

• Options
     I hope at least a few of you guys saw this, it could be a hint.